Started on: 09-03-2018 07:02 PM
Replies: 30 (730 views)
Last post by: randye on 09-17-2018 09:24 PM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2018 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45403855

"The Nike adverts show Kaepernick with the slogan: "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

YEAH...like sacrificing your own damn shoe business on the leftist altar of political correctness.

morons

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-03-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they laid it on real thick here. I wanted to comment earlier, but I was waiting for Ronald's response.

My Wife asked if there are other people like us out there? Today was Moron Day in Spokane. A yearly event celebrated daily.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-03-2018).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2018 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Nike
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went shoe shopping the day before I heard this. Glad I didn't spend any money on Nike. I did try a few pair on, but as usual they didn't fit worth a crap.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is the reason I have not watched the NFL in the last 3 seasons.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2018 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by randye:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45403855

"The Nike adverts show Kaepernick with the slogan: "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

YEAH...like sacrificing your own damn shoe business on the leftist altar of political correctness.

morons

I do need a set of new kicks, I would buy 2 set of the closest competitors of nike, if I knew exactly who it is.
I am looking for size 13 wide. And as of now, nike does not offer ANYTHING I want

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
I do need a set of new kicks, I would buy 2 set of the closest competitors of nike, if I knew exactly who it is.
I am looking for size 13 wide. And as of now, nike does not offer ANYTHING I want

Adidas and Reebok

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-05-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-05-2018).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Kaepernick decided to be the face man for a company known for using sweatshop labor... sounds legit.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe in NIKE's case, it is really just any publicity is good publicity.

From 4:20, an opinion:

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2018 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read a response that made sense. It contained something about how many lives have been negatively affected by his beliefs. Those that did not want any part of this, now are encased with it daily. I do not even care for the feetsball. I am sick of some ex-NFLer parading his views across America.

Again, tell me about how hard this cat has had it. Tonight, while folks you know of someone that may go hungry, or even yourselves for that matter, think about how hard poor Kaperturd has it. GTFOH
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Again, tell me about how hard this cat has had it. Tonight, while folks you know of someone that may go hungry, or even yourselves for that matter, think about how hard poor Kaperturd has it. GTFOH

The biggest injustice in his life was caused by his black father who refused to have any Association with him whatsoever, even into adulthood. His white mom knew she wasn't going to be better than the family who wanted to adopt him and she gave him up to grow up with an amazing mother, father and siblings.

He doesn't know what is like to grow up poor and fatherless, he's never been on the streets or experienced the result of the racism he claims to protest against.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Balance is the only left with a factory in the US. Most of their shoes are made in Vietnam but there is still one left in the US. Of course the material is still imported.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, what you are alluding to is that Kaperturd is getting a big old check from Nike off of the backs of oppressed child workers from some shathole country?

*Heavy sarcasm ahead*

No American with good conscience would allow that to happen, now would they?

*Heavy sarcasm off*
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some memes just write themselves:

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nike doubles down on defiance of Kaepernick criticism, releases full-length TV ad
Staring down a boycott, and criticism from President Donald Trump, Nike released a full-length commercial featuring Colin Kaepernick.

Doubling down on a boycott by some fans and criticism from President Donald Trump, Nike on Wednesday released a full-length commercial featuring former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The TV spot, slated to air directly before the NFL season starts on Thursday, features women athletes, a disabled youngster, a reference to refugees, and people from various races. The aim of the campaign — which celebrates 30 years of Nike's "Just Do It" mantra — is to reach a younger generation, Nike said, consumers who are likely to be more supportive of Kaepernick’s activism than the typical NFL viewer. . . .

Claire Atkinson for NBC News*; September 5, 2018.
https://www.nbcnews.com/bus...length-tv-ad-n906786

*NBC News is a registered Mainstream Media Outlet.

This message is an "information only." The information being that Nike has just released what is being described as a new, full-length TV ad. I am not saying anything here about Colin Kaepernick, one way or the other.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-05-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2018 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania: It contained something about how many lives have been negatively affected by his beliefs. Those that did not want any part of this, now are encased with it daily.

That's par for the course for a social justice warrior. They don't care about the devastation left in their wake; they're having too much fun making waves.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2018 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

https://www.breitbart.com/b...u-exhaust-my-spirit/

Edit:

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-06-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bleh.. Just another boycott. Few months from now everyone will have forgotten about it, just like all the other boycotts.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... memory span of a goldfish, and all that.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually got a chance to watch the Nike commercial today. And I was impressed by the commercial, but not by Kolin's appearance in it. If they would have kept him out of it it would have been one of the best commercials ever. But, his inclusion made it political. Why oh why did you go there Nike?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-09-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't wear Nike anyway. Haven't since high school.

Now a good pair of boots. Might be handy for kicking ass.

Just saying.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What boycott? Nike sales are up 31 percent since the Kaepernick campaign
A recent poll found a 10 percent increase in the number of Nike customers versus the general public who say a company should take a stand on social issues.

President Donald Trump has made his name from sales of everything from suits to steak, but this is his first time selling sneakers — even though that probably wasn’t his intention.

Nike sales jumped by 31 percent after debuting quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick as a new company spokesman — and market observers say the president’s public displays of anger may have backfired by drawing more attention to Nike.

“Controversial endorsements tend to generate a lot of hype,” said Marshal Cohen, chief industry analyst for retail at The NPD Group, a market research firm. “These kinds of statements and brand partnerships make for a big impact on brand selling.”

According to data from Edison Trends, online sales of Nike products jumped 31 percent between the Sunday before and the Tuesday after Labor Day, nearly double last year’s 17 percent increase over the same time period. Kaepernick is part of Nike’s 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” tagline. A TV ad narrated by Kaepernick debuted Thursday on the opening night of the regular NFL season.

. . .

Martha C. White for NBC News; September 10, 2018.
https://www.nbcnews.com/bus...ick-campaign-n908251
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Increasing sales? That's so....so....Capitalist! Someone should protest.

Occupy the shoe fly pie and apple pan dowdy!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2018 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Increasing sales? That's so....so....Capitalist! Someone should protest.

Occupy the shoe fly pie and apple pan dowdy!

Being notoriously bad at history and economics it was predictable that leftists, especially ones like Ronald, would be crowing about the very short term while being oblivious to the obvious, (Dicks Sporting Goods, Chik-Fil-A, NFL, Lexington Virginia, etc.)

Time will, as always, tell.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-12-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to go wrong with "time will tell", but here's something that was published earlier today:

Despite consumer backlash against Nike's Colin Kaepernick ad campaign, one analyst says the publicity should bode well for the company's bottom line.

"We view the publicity as good publicity," Erinn Murphy, Piper Jaffray senior research analyst, wrote in a note to clients Monday. "The controversy has not only bred commerce, but we view the influential consumers of the brand (think sneakerheads, GenZ, Millennials) stand with Nike on this ad."

. . .

This isn't the first time the apparel company has run a controversial campaign— it's known for "pushing the boundaries of social and cultural norms," Murphy said. She highlighted Michael Jordan's NBA banned shoes in the 1980s, Charles Barkley's "I Am Not A Role Model" in 1993, Lance Armstrong's "What Am I On?" in 2001, gender equality campaigns, HIV/AIDS in 1995, and its 'What Will They Say About You" campaign in 2017.

"We remind investors Nike has consistently grown over time despite other controversial campaigns," Murphy said. "Bottom line, we believe history has proven it is much more valuable to 'be there/visible' for major sports and social moments than to offer up a neutral position or no stance."

. . .

The Kaepernick ad prompted a boycott from some consumers who were upset over its use of the polarizing quarterback. The stock dropped following the ad's debut, but Nike's online sales surged in the immediate few days thereafter and shares are up 1.8 percent this week.

Piper Jaffray meanwhile is still "overweight" and "remains positive" on the apparel maker thanks to solid domestic demand, strength in China and ongoing traction in Europe. The firm has a $93 price target on the stock, roughly 11 percent above where the stock closed on Friday. Nike shares are up 33 percent this year alone, and were trading near $84 Monday.

Kate Rooney for CNBC (earlier today)
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/0...er-jaffray-says.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-17-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said, leftists, including YOU Ronald, are notoriously bad at history and economics.

Your fellow lefties, Kate and Piper at CNBC and NKE are also economic idiots.

"The firm has a $93 price target on the stock, roughly 11 percent above where the stock closed on Friday"

Wall Street and real economists say different.

Pulling political stunts for marketing attention may have worked 30-40 YEARS ago...... before boycotts became "a thing"

...and when you don't LOSE $3.2 BILLION in market cap when you pull such stunts.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-17-2018).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock