Started on: 08-21-2018 06:34 PM
Replies: 66 (942 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 12-08-2018 10:21 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2018 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is some really good stuff going on here:

IP: Logged
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2018 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-16-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2018 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2018 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Witnessed Florence and the Machine last week in Portland, OR. Best concert ever! The single most amazing performance of an artist that I have had the chance to experience. The show was filled with song and dance. Difficult to describe.

I have enjoyed her music for a long while now. Give it a go...

An earlier tour.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2018 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a lot of talent in this video.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last music i listened to was last week, Rachel Platten.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie Christian brought the electric guitar to the forefront of popular music and transformed jazz.
He was struck down at the age of 25 by tuberculosis.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tasty!

PFF
System Bot
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fun as the storm clouds gathered.

The first is a soundie based on a Louis Armstrong song, but I am not sure if the second one is a soundie or a clip from a movie.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kooper and Bloomfield at their best!

recorded Sep. 1968

The cover art was painted by Norman Rockwell.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2018 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What am I listening to? Currently I'm torturing myself listening to song that typically evoke a feeling of sorrow, especially when viewed with the video while listening. Just a couple of examples, which I think Haru Haru, is the one that hits me in the feels hardest of the 2.

Haru Haru, some explanation on. In the beginning the guy and girl talking by the car. The short guy in the hat walks out finding them and starts fiddling with a couples ring. The ring being handed to the guy by the girl is the mate to that couple ring worn by the guy in the hat. You'll note on the TV in the first chorus you will see the short guy and the girl being played from video. They were after all a couple. There is a reason behind what's going on and it's a tragic and sad one that if you pay attention in the second chorus, you will see the girl fall to the floor and as she moves her hand away from her head, something will be in her hand. At this point, one of the guys breaks down and lets the short guy know what's going on because he just can't take it anymore. This is followed by a unwanted meeting in the hall by the short guy and the guy he fought with in the beginning of the video. He stops the short guy in the hall and gives him the couples ring she wore apologizing to him for his part his part in the deception and letting him know one other thing I won't disclose. The language barrier can be difficult but I hope I didn't give away so much as to ruin the whole video for anyone who decides to watch it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 12-03-2018).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Kooper and Bloomfield at their best!

recorded Sep. 1968

Click to show

The cover art was painted by Norman Rockwell.

I'm going to have to check for that one on iTunes. I'd like to hear it in our car.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I'm going to have to check for that one on iTunes. I'd like to hear it in our car.

"Modal" in the title refers to the use of modes, as in modal jazz. Modes are really just scales other than the traditional ones to which we have become accustomed in western music over the last few hundred years, major and minor.

Here is the companion piece, recorded four months earlier:

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for music, iv been listening to a lot of early Pumpkins stuff lately..

Girl named Sandoz.. Good "bluesy" Pumpkins song.

Starla.. One of my favorite songs by the Pumpkins. Almost the whole song is just one big build up, really good.

As for stuff i like to learn and listen too, iv been watching lots of Jordan Peterson's interviews and lectures. I find it super interesting how he gets into the biology of how our psychology and behavior works, "why we do things we do" and stuff like that. Good stuff.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 12-04-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9IlZf8OBQ0

Girl named Sandoz.. Good "bluesy" Pumpkins song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnFeCex032g

Starla.. One of my favorite songs by the Pumpkins. Almost the whole song is just one big build up, really good.

I don't now why I have never listened to them before. I always found the name amusing. I used to think of them every November 1st, in the morning on the way to work.

The first song reminds me a lot of "Are You Experienced?" by Hendrix.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-04-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

A fave of mine, their sounds, their resonance, sounds good.

This one from 2:56 too, probly my fave of their guitar. I always wished they did more guitar.

More guitar moments, start from 2:30 on

I also dig Jordan Peterson.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-05-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night it was Little Feat, 'Waiting for Columbus' on vinyl.
All four sides.
Great live album!
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Last night it was Little Feat, 'Waiting for Columbus' on vinyl.
All four sides.
Great live album!

One of my all time favorite albums by my absolute favorite band ever. I can't even count the number of times I have gone to see them starting back in the early '70s.
Little Feat and Zappa are the two most stunning bands I have ever seen. They are in a class by themselves.

And my favorite Neon Park cover art.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-05-2018).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do Blues players wash their hands, 'cause that's some nasty shizit!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-05-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2018 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I don't now why I have never listened to them before. I always found the name amusing. I used to think of them every November 1st, in the morning on the way to work.

The first song reminds me a lot of "Are You Experienced?" by Hendrix.

Yeah they are similar in structure for sure. Im pretty sure "Girl named Sandoz" is a cover song also, just don't know who did the original.

Ever heard the pumpkins version of "Landslide"?.. Really good, Billy sings it well.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy

4693 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by 2.5:

A fave of mine, their sounds, their resonance, sounds good.
This one from 2:56 too, probly my fave of their guitar. I always wished they did more guitar.
More guitar moments, start from 2:30 on
I also dig Jordan Peterson.

Yeah Soma is an amazing song, another one where the whole song is basically a build up until the end.

Yeah after the "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" album, Billy kinda got away from guitars and into electronica. And the band pretty much went to crap after that. Shame cause their first 4 albums where all amazing.

These days Billy Corgan is the owner of TNA wrestling lol.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock