Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Honda V6 expert needed. Please look inside. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Honda V6 expert needed. Please look inside. by Raydar
Started on: 08-21-2018 05:47 PM
Replies: 46 (744 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 05-08-2019 06:06 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have spent my entire adult life around trucks and I will say that Cummins makes the most solid, reliable engines I have ever seen.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-08-2019).]

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have spent my entire adult life around trucks and I will say that Cummins makes the most sold, reliable engines I have ever seen.

Personally speaking, I don't really care what brand/make of truck it is. If it has a Cummins in it, I'll drive it.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-07-2019).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2019 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Not to suggest there is a perfect vehicle but, I've been towing/transporting//hauling other vehicles for years with Cummins powered Dodges. Say what you will but, Cummins is the best engine on the road. Many transports were broken fords.

Rams.

C'mon..have some fun with an argument Ron....not like I am going to mud-wrestle with the USMC, but on the other hand.....hot blonde, brass pole, and a redneck truck....I MIGHT want to play

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-07-2019).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2019 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be very careful with that statement being so broad. Back in the day I rented a Ford single screw daycab Louisville aeromax with a L10 Cummins in it; it was horrendious to be kind. I don't think it even made it up to 55 mph. After having it for a day I couldn't stand it and got a twinscrew areomax with a N14 which was a descent truck.

Generally Cummins are okay...but L10's stink! no bueno.

Originally posted by blackrams:
Personally speaking, I don't really care what brand/make of truck it is. If it has a Cummins in it, I'll drive it.
Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2019 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

Be very careful with that statement being so broad. Back in the day I rented a Ford single screw daycab Louisville aeromax with a L10 Cummins in it; it was horrendious to be kind. I don't think it even made it up to 55 mph. After having it for a day I couldn't stand it and got a twinscrew areomax with a N14 which was a descent truck.

Generally Cummins are okay...but L10's stink! no bueno.

Yeah, L10/M11's are gutless and I have seen a few drop injectors, but all of the 855's are like the Briggs&Stratton of the truck world: not particularly exiting, but as reliable as bird crap on a brand new car.
I have driven more of those L-series Fords than I can count and there is no room inside. My knees hit the dash and my head hits the roof.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2019 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

t and there is no room inside. My knees hit the dash and my head hits the roof.

Now you know what aircraft feel like, dude.

Men spread legs and put knees around the ears ? Try a 1946 Fleet Cunnuck.

I guess we do.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock