Started on: 07-05-2018 08:36 PM
Replies: 18 (396 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-10-2018 03:48 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2018 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a bunch of stops to make yesterday and have been recovering all day today. Its so bad nobody is taking dogs out for a walk, and people with no A/C at home are hiding out in the TV room (We have a big-screen and a pool table down there)

https://globalnews.ca/news/...tern-central-canada/

https://www.google.org/publ...=en&gl=CA&source=web

Wont be going out in that again.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever heard the phrase, Suck it up Buttercup?

Rams
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Oops, double post. Sorry bout that.
Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-05-2018).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid-40's in Centigrade is ≈ 114°F.....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont forget this area isnt like the desert. Great lakes basin (as much as I love it) means we hit 90+% humidity.

I actually couldn't wear my glasses, they go so steamed up I couldn't see where the heck I was walking. So I can be blind without them or blind with them.

Dont even want a cold beer, its too hot for that. But the pitchers of iced tea are going down fast.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Click to show - Language Warning

LMAO !!

Yeh, I know, I know.....

Git off mah azz and move to Yellowknife.

Then I can ***** about the bears.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Dont forget this area isnt like the desert. Great lakes basin (as much as I love it) means we hit 90+% humidity.

I actually couldn't wear my glasses, they go so steamed up I couldn't see where the heck I was walking. So I can be blind without them or blind with them.

Dont even want a cold beer, its too hot for that. But the pitchers of iced tea are going down fast.

You basically just described what Florida is like, from April to October.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You basically just described what Florida is like, from April to October.

Yeah, I grew up in Florida and 110o here is not as bad as 90o there. I was just out riding my bicycle in 106-110o.

Here, as long as you can survive July and August, the rest of the year is just beautiful.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They need some Public Service Announcements. "Now is the time to remove your heavy coats".
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wore a jacket to the grandson's baseball game Monday evening.
Never know what kind of weather to expect..
On our first fourth of July here it was over 100 ̊ F.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

spark1

11159 posts
Member since Dec 2002

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 07-06-2018).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

The link showed 17 and 18 degrees, hence my query.

Actually the wording was lousy, 17 was the dead count. The temps were getting into the 90s with very high humidity. For people that are comfortable in the 50s, it would be hell.

mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Oops, double post. Sorry bout that.
Rams

wow, is KY still apart of the United States ? amazing ! lol

spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh-oh, looks like a change is coming:

Don’t let the nearly ideal mid-70-degree weather the mid-valley has enjoyed in recent weeks lull you into forgetting we’re into the second week of July.

The first truly hot days of summer are forecast for much of western Oregon starting midweek and could bump near the triple-digit mark.

https://democratherald.com/...67-5b7d5c4b512f.html

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"The temperature scale created by Anders Celsius in 1742 was actually the reverse of the modern Celsius scale. Celsius' original scale had water boil at 0 degrees and freeze at 100 degrees. Jean-Pierre Christin independently proposed at temperature scale with zero at the freezing point of water and 100 was the boiling point (1743). Celsius' original scale was reversed by Carolus Linnaeus in 1744, the year in which Celsius died.

The centigrade scale was confusing because "centigrade" was also the Spanish and French term for a unit of angular measurement equal to 1/100 of a right angle. When the scale was extended from 0 to 100 degrees for temperature, centigrade was more properly hectograde. The public was largely unaffected by the confusion. Even though the degree Celsius was adopted by international committees in 1948, weather forecasts issued by the BBC continued to use degrees centigrade until February 1985!

Depending on how old you are, you might read 38°C as 38 degrees Celsius or 38 degrees centigrade.

Celsius and centigrade are two names for essentially the same temperature scale (with slight differences). The centigrade scale is divided into degrees based on dividing the temperature between which water freezes and boils into 100 equal gradients or degrees. The word centigrade comes from "centi-" for 100 and "grade" for gradients. The centigrade scale was introduced in 1744 and remained the primary scale of temperature until 1948. In 1948 the CGPM (Conference General des Poids et Measures) decided to standardize several units of measurement, including the temperature scale. Since the "grade" was in use as a unit (including the "centigrade"), a new name was chosen for the temperature scale: Celsius."

https://www.thoughtco.com/c...s-centigrade-3976012

Oh well, in the we use F.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-10-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock