Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement by randye
Started on: 06-27-2018 03:04 PM
Replies: 93 (1615 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 07-18-2018 03:28 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I honestly doubt there is a single candidate the President could pick that the same dicsussion could not be held.
As I said, the Dems will scream regardless of who is picked. They can't stop this. All they are doing is trying to get their side excited so their following will be motivated enough to go to the voting booth the next election cycle.

Rams

I think you give them to much credit. The demo are trying to stir up a violent revolt.
The proof is in the words of the demo themselves
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Who was the last President whose nominations were vehemently protested and outright rejected BEFORE the President even decided who to nominate?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The law of unintended consequences.
Snip
The people who are fighting for baby's rights will flood the Courts with challenges that will eventually make thei Supreme Court.

Absolutely no doubt about it.

Rams
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.washingtonpost....m_term=.29a2120fa02d

Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed — and it looks like a done deal if his hearings go well — suddenly Roberts will be presiding over cert votes in which his quartet of more like-minded colleagues are for hitting the gas, whether or not he wants to tap the brakes. Cases involving religious freedom and especially cases of regulatory “takings” without compensation can go from near zero to 70 in a hurry.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2018 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
I think they are about to start a suicide watch at the Democrat Underground.

Hahah... you go there too? I always get a kick out of that site. I go there just to read their nonsense.

… lately, it's been to see how they react to all of this country's winning. It must be devastating to them.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2018 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you give them to much credit. The demo are trying to stir up a violent revolt.
The proof is in the words of the demo themselves

I don't believe the average dem voter has any such intent but, that doesn't mean their leadership isn't willing to do anything to get back into power.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-14-2018).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 07-17-2018).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

And this is why justice is supposed to be blind. Yep, convince others to change the laws if you don't like them and stay true to your oath of office to uphold. Cold, but take emotion out of it.

I was taking pre-law in college and could not live with the idea of defending some one that was clearly guilty like a mass murderer.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 07-17-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I don't believe the average dem voter has any such intent but, that doesn't mean their leadership isn't willing to do anything to get back into power.

Rams

I agree that the average person does not want the violence. BUT the demos speaking out for them are trying to get the masses to rise up against Trump. I believe that the majority of Americans do not give a rats @$$ about politics, BUT enough hot heads do buy into it to get stupid and cause problems. All the talking heads need to do is reachave those few.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

These are not real QUOTES are they? If so, this is grounds for a recall election.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-17-2018).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are not real QUOTES are they? If so, this is grounds for a recall election.

Near as I can tell the quotes are satire from some website that does that sort of thing.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree that the average person does not want the violence. BUT the demos speaking out for them are trying to get the masses to rise up against Trump. I believe that the majority of Americans do not give a rats @$$ about politics, BUT enough hot heads do buy into it to get stupid and cause problems. All the talking heads need to do is reachave those few.

Those wishing for such an event need to do some basic math. There are huge numbers of WELL armed conservatives willing to defend our Constitution. They are way out numbered. IOWs, don't start something ya can't finish......

Rams
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Near as I can tell the quotes are satire from some website that does that sort of thing.

Yes, though if you listen to their philosophy of governance, the quotes are pretty close!
Here's one source

Fully expected someone to throw shadeballs at me for the post.

Tony, Thanks for the spellcheck.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 07-18-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2018 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fully expected someone to throw sadeballs at me for the post.

I assume you mean shadeballs. Speaking of which, I just read an article this morning backing claims that this was a very bad idea. I mean seriously, how can spending $33,000,000 on 94,000,000 polypropylene black balls seem like a bad idea? *Sarcasm*
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock