Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy Announces Retirement by randye
Started on: 06-27-2018 03:04 PM
Replies: 93 (1616 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 07-18-2018 03:28 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'm going to jump out on a limb and make my prediction:

Amy Coney Barrett

The left is already claiming Trump will choose her because he likes pretty girls. We all (well, most of us) like pretty girls, but Trump is first and foremost a businessman. He will make a sound business decision.

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2018 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

And if nobody says it, the left will just make up that we said it. They aren't exactly the party of honesty after all.

Brad

The fake news leads the sheep , probably better than the real news does.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait for a hearing to confirm Justice Barrett. I posted this on another forum that had a quote from Justice Barrett.

I can just see the confirmation hearings now.

"Judge Barrett, did you really say: "legal career is but a means to an end, and … that end is building the kingdom of God."

Pelosi, Feinstein and others in the Democratic party would be all over this as somehow being against the 1st amendment.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I can't wait for a hearing to confirm Justice Barrett. I posted this on another forum that had a quote from Justice Barrett.

I can just see the confirmation hearings now.

"Judge Barrett, did you really say: "legal career is but a means to an end, and … that end is building the kingdom of God."

Pelosi, Feinstein and others in the Democratic party would be all over this as somehow being against the 1st amendment.

One of the primary considerations for the left in determining their suitability of any appointment is making certain that the candidate is completely amoral.

I REALLY want the left to attack the President's nominee on the basis of religious faith.

That will END any of their dreams for the November midterm elections and it won't change the outcome, (approval) anyway.

One of the very best ways to defeat the left is simply to allow them to show who and what they really are.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-03-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of the primary considerations for the left in determining their suitability of any appointment is making certain that the candidate is completely amoral.

I REALLY want the left to attack the President's nominee on the basis of religious faith.

That will END any of their dreams for the November midterm elections and it won't change the outcome, (approval) anyway.

One of the very best ways to defeat the left is simply to allow them to show who and what they really are.

I would agree with you, as I typically do....but I tend to think in case that the "left" (liberals, progressives) are proud of flipping the bird at Christianity. The trend in America lately is to evict God from residence in American systems. They would like worship to be done behind closed doors.
I see opposition to a Christian Judge as just another day at the liberal political office.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I would agree with you, as I typically do....but I tend to think in case that the "left" (liberals, progressives) are proud of flipping the bird at Christianity. The trend in America lately is to evict God from residence in American systems. They would like worship to be done behind closed doors.
I see opposition to a Christian Judge as just another day at the liberal political office.

I don't disagree with what you said, however if the left attacks the nominee on the basis of religious faith, it WILL resonate loudly with evangelicals and swing voters which will then doom them in November.

The always helpful leftist media has *already* started their political suicide:

https://www.chicksonright.c...ember-of-hate-group/

They just can't help themselves, but then the thing about "useful idiots" is that they're always idiots.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-03-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't disagree with what you said, however if the left attacks the nominee on the basis of religious faith, it WILL resonate loudly with evangelicals and swing voters which will then doom them in November.

The always helpful leftist media has *already* started their political suicide:

https://www.chicksonright.c...ember-of-hate-group/

They just can't help themselves, but then the thing about "useful idiots" is that they're always idiots.

They don't even try to hold back, they have the momentum of an anti-Christian trend. The sad part is that the Christians have not been speaking out at the ballot box. If they have been, they would have never put nancy polocy or barbara boxer in office......over and over and over again.
Modern Christians as a voting block used to have much more conservative power, but are more and more fractured on the issues and have not been as vocal as they were in the past.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-03-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

She may not be ugly, and may look better than the other candidates, but I wouldn't classify her as "pretty". I'd rather not have a pretty judge, anyway. A judge could look like the Huntchback of Notre Dame, for all I care.

I think she will be the candidate.

Good God man!

Have you seen what the Dems call "pretty women"???

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2018 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good God man!

Have you seen what the Dems call "pretty women"???

This parking spot reserved for Janet Reno.

😝
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They don't even try to hold back, they have the momentum of an anti-Christian trend. The sad part is that the Christians have not been speaking out at the ballot box. If they have been, they would have never put nancy polocy or barbara boxer in office......over and over and over again.
Modern Christians as a voting block used to have much more conservative power, but are more and more fractured on the issues and have not been as vocal as they were in the past.

While I wont disagree with your entire post, I do need to point out a couple of things. First, it's not totally a religion issue, it's just a s much a Conservative versus Liberal attitude issue. Yes, religion plays a part in that but there a lot of non-church goers that don't like Liberal policies. Secondly, did you happen to notice where all those folks you named are from?

As the last election shows, California does not speak for the rest of the nation.

Rams

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

While I wont disagree with your entire post, I do need to point out a couple of things. First, it's not totally a religion issue, it's just a s much a Conservative versus Liberal attitude issue. Yes, religion plays a part in that but there a lot of non-church goers that don't like Liberal policies. Secondly, did you happen to notice where all those folks you named are from?

As the last election shows, California does not speak for the rest of the nation.

Rams

LOL, yes, and I did not even mention them all.
No California does not speak for America, but liberalism does, or has been. The reality is that Americanshate politics. When it is discussed at work or play, people leave or get angry. BUT Americans LOVE gossip and garbage talk, they eat up whatever the "reality TV stars" say. That is a sad reality and worse is that those "Hollywood" stars are liberal dummies. They hate Christianity, Conservatism and Trump. America has been brain washed for years and Trump (thankfully) being elected looks like America is rejecting the coolaid.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Want to spend some non recoverable time watching the Left melt down. Go to the Friendly Atheist Block at Pathos.

http://www.patheos.com/blog...ch-state-separation/

Just be aware of the vile nature of the discourse before you go there.

cheap entertainment!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leftist: I hate Donald Trump, because TV tells me to.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, that is gonna hurt some feelings
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll see some really hurt feelings if Amy Barrett gets the nod. The left can't do anything about it but, they will scream, cry and wail to high heaven.

I'm betting the President will pick one of the gents who is less outspoken. It will be smaller waves for the next election cycle than putting Amy in the hot seat. Hopefully RBG will retire soon and then the President can put Amy up for the job.

I forget which candidate it was but, one of the gents was a unanimous vote of both Dems and Republicans for a lower court. Will look pretty foolish if they neg him now. But, the Dems look that way most of the time anyway. BTW, I changed political parties. I'm one of them now. My hope is, my singular vote in primaries will help them put a more Conservative candidate up for election versus some of the wacko Liberals they currently have drawing a check from the taxpayers.

Rams.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-08-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gorsuch got votes from both parties for a lower court. He was approved, but past votes surely didn't help him.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gorsuch got votes from both parties for a lower court. He was approved, but past votes surely didn't help him.

As I remember it, he never got voted on........

The one thing we are assured of is, it won't be another flaming Liberal!

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-08-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2018 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You'll see some really hurt feelings if Amy Barrett gets the nod. The left can't do anything about it but, they will scream, cry and wail to high heaven.

I'm betting the President will pick one of the gents who is less outspoken. It will be smaller waves for the next election cycle than putting Amy in the hot seat. Hopefully RBG will retire soon and then the President can put Amy up for the job.

I forget which candidate it was but, one of the gents was a unanimous vote of both Dems and Republicans for a lower court. Will look pretty foolish if they neg him now. But, the Dems look that way most of the time anyway. BTW, I changed political parties. I'm one of them now. My hope is, my singular vote in primaries will help them put a more Conservative candidate up for election versus some of the wacko Liberals they currently have drawing a check from the taxpayers.

Rams.

If it goes as you are thinking, the nominee will probably be Thomas Hardiman

He was "runner up" to Justice Neil Gorsuch last time.

The judge that got almost unanimous consent that you may be thinking of was Raymond Kethledge, appointed the Federal Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.

He was an appointee by President G.W. Bush, and he now has a great deal of "baggage" stemming from his disappointing history of liberal leaning decisions.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-09-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brett Kavanaugh?

WOW

Sure didn't see that one coming, but he's another Yale grad so he's one of "the club".

Sadly, red state Dems can now vote against him without much repercussion at home in the midterms.

I'll just look at this as a long term strategy rather than a short term political move.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-09-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Establishment. Dunno about the apolitical part.

Obviously.

There is no doubt that a lot of deal brokering went on between Senate R's and the White House on this one.

On the other hand, Dems are going to be looking for some "payback" since Kavanaugh served on Ken Starr's Whitewater team against Clinton.
Kavanaugh was the "author" that wrote the case for Clinton's impeachment.

FUN weeks ahead.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'd written him off for his baggage.

You must figure that that was the candidate the congressional R's said they'd approve.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As proof that it wouldn't have mattered to the left WHO was nominated by the President, this crap began BEFORE Judge Kavanaugh had even finished his nomination acceptance speech:

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since Kennedy announced his retirement, Dems have stated they'd reject anyone Trump nominated. No credibility.

When you watch/listen to Democratic politicians, observe the hate. It's odd that democrats speak about tolerance and polarization, when they are the party of intolerance and polarization.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I'd written him off for his baggage.

You must figure that that was the candidate the congressional R's said they'd approve.

Trump may have calculated that the first or second would not make it? He is keeping his #1 on deck for the right time. After a fight or two, the detractors might start to "compromise". Of course I am only talking about Republicans,...we all know the democrats won't approve unless obama or clinton do the nominees,...so realistically who care what they think?
I hope the most conservative Judge in history gets put on the Court. Along with a TOTAL overhaul of the 9th.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trump may have calculated that the first or second would not make it? He is keeping his #1 on deck for the right time. After a fight or two, the detractors might start to "compromise". Of course I am only talking about Republicans,...we all know the democrats won't approve unless obama or clinton do the nominees,...so realistically who care what they think?
I hope the most conservative Judge in history gets put on the Court. Along with a TOTAL overhaul of the 9th.

At this point I think it's safe to assume that regardless of who President Trump selected, the Dems were going to have a hissy fit. My guess is that this candidate was/is the most favorable to the Republican held senate.

Rams
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At this point I think it's safe to assume that regardless of who President Trump selected, the Dems were going to have a hissy fit. My guess is that this candidate was/is the most favorable to the Republican held senate.

Rams

You are probably correct, but I see the hype of abortion as the #2 reason people may be against him (warranted or not). The #1 reason is political, mostly a Democrat issue of hate, ignorance, bias and swamp corruption.
So if abortion is a major factor, then he may not be a shoe in. Because abortion is not a Democrat or Republican issue, it is a deeply personal issue that many Republicans may take into consideration during confirmation.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just curious, but who thinks anything will happen to overturn Roe vs. Wade, regardless of what happens with this nominee? Congress will never send anything to the Supreme Court on this, while there is any possibility of anything changing in that regard.

The law of unintended consequences. Yes this DEFINITELY has the potential and in my opinion the inevitable likelihood of court challenges.
For example: when is a baby considered to have human rights and therefore protected under Federal law concerning late term abortions? That will then spark the debate on the entire abortion "homicide" challenge. If the baby has human rights, it no longer can be killed, it will be as protected as an one of us and NO LONGER A WOMAN'S body. The baby will be ruled as a separate human being and therefore the mother will have the legal responsibilities of guardianship. Including child neglect and abuse during pregnancy.
When the baby is declared a human, it is no longer a "woman's health", it moves into a guardianship responsibility issue.
In short, just like other "hot topic" issues like legalized pot and same sex marriage, the abortion cases will also change, little by little in favor of legally recognizing the baby as a human.
The people who are fighting for baby's rights will flood the Courts with challenges that will eventually make their way to the Supreme Court.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since Kennedy announced his retirement, Dems have stated they'd reject anyone Trump nominated. No credibility.

When you watch/listen to Democratic politicians, observe the hate. It's odd that democrats speak about tolerance and polarization, when they are the party of intolerance and polarization.

Yes. I heard radio interviews yesterday MORNING asking students about the nominations...12 hours before the nomination. Students were all appalled at the nomination, and the rights that nominee was going to take away....again BEFORE the nomination was even made. lol.

Also did you notice protest groups already had printed posters just minutes after the nomination for their protest demonstrations. My bet is liberals printed posters and banners with every possible name on them well before the President announced. They were going to protest and fight anyone nominated. Jesus would have been protested.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best comment I've seen today regarding President Trump's nomination of Judge Kavanaugh:

"Who expected such a conventional choice from the most unconventional president?"

Honestly, I predicted Judge Barrett partially because I expected something unconventional.

I was admittedly also probably caught up in the near term politics going into November, HOWEVER, Looking at this from a long term perspective as what is good for this country, I am comfortable with any reliably conservative / constructionist new justice.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-10-2018).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are probably correct, but I see the hype of abortion as the #2 reason people may be against him (warranted or not). The #1 reason is political, mostly a Democrat issue of hate, ignorance, bias and swamp corruption.
So if abortion is a major factor, then he may not be a shoe in. Because abortion is not a Democrat or Republican issue, it is a deeply personal issue that many Republicans may take into consideration during confirmation.

I honestly doubt there is a single candidate the President could pick that the same dicsussion could not be held.
As I said, the Dems will scream regardless of who is picked. They can't stop this. All they are doing is trying to get their side excited so their following will be motivated enough to go to the voting booth the next election cycle.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-10-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay