Started on: 05-29-2018 06:55 PM
Replies: 42 (809 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 06-05-2018 02:12 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The annoying slobs show got canceled. Shes done now with network tv.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Proof there is a God.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kathy Griffin.

High standards in comedy are so selective.....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2018 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I despise the sow too...

BUT, yet another example of how not being "P-C" can end a job or career.....the left run amok again.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rosanne didn't just torpedo her own job. She ****ed over everyone else in the show too. I'm sure they're happy about that.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it interesting that Rosanne was dumped in a few hours for making a stupid comment. But, there are plenty of others who make as bad or worse comments about conservatives and Republicans and of course President Trump. Even to the point of saying he should be killed. Yet, they are praised in the media.

I never was a fan of Rosie, but it thought it was funny that a dedicated lefty actually got President Trump and spoke up about it. You just had to know she was on borrowed time. And now she is probably gone from her profession.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were just looking for an excuse to boot her "pro-Trump" self.
She shoulda been more careful. Dammit.

Not like I'm a Rosanne fan, but anyone who pokes their thumbs in the eyes of the lefties is okay in my book.
Not that I ever watched her show. Not even once.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hollyweird problems.

I don't care.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-29-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:
I find it interesting that Rosanne was dumped in a few hours for making a stupid comment. But, there are plenty of others who make as bad or worse comments about conservatives and Republicans and of course President Trump. Even to the point of saying he should be killed. Yet, they are praised in the media.

Ding ding ding, winner winner winner.

I was never a fan of Rosanne. I was of her character and she probably personified it. I liked the show and the other characters. John Goodman got a good leg up and went on to impress me.

The NFLplayer5s get their free speach on the job. Many people do, many don't. What ever. ABC showed it's true colors. Canceling their top rated show in their disgust for our President.

What's that other TV show which got cancelled, it has Tim Allan in it. I said has because it is being brought back. It had a conservative slant to it also. I don't watch much TV.

I never did see Rosanne's new show. Even though I heard it was a ratings bonanza. (where did that word come from) How many episodes did she do ?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never did like her comedy, BUT I really like John Goodman.
But I do think that it is suspicious that a show that seemingly is not anti-Trump would be pulled so quickly while other shows are just as offensive against Trump and conservatives, but are still on the air.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hit revival of the ABC sitcom "Roseanne" was canceled Tuesday, hours after the show's star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet about former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett.

Barr's post early Tuesday morning, which has since been deleted, said that Jarrett, who is African-American, was a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and "Planet of the Apes" -- "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj." She has since apologized.

https://abcnews.go.com/Poli...et/story?id=55504982

Valerie Jarrett was born in Iran in 1956, the daughter of an American doctor who was working there, and his American wife.

I have not found anything that suggests that Valerie Jarrett considers herself to be a Muslim.

Roseanne Barr has a history of reckless and defamatory Twitter messages.

I never was a fan of Rosie, but it thought it was funny that a dedicated lefty actually got President Trump and spoke up about it. You just had to know she was on borrowed time. And now she is probably gone from her profession.
The phrase "plenty of others" is very empty when it is presented without any specific examples.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Kathy Griffin.

High standards in comedy are so selective.....

While I wont defend Barr, Griffin is a perfect example of how unfairly the PC crowd applies their rules. Very sad.

Rams

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought the original series was hilarious, watched it when it was on.
I caught an episode or two of the reboot and thought it funny as well.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always found that woman to be repulsive, regardless of her political leanings.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The phrase "plenty of others" is very empty when it is presented without any specific examples.

I will give you one. But, there are many others.

http://www.foxnews.com/ente...-part-orangutan.html

It is not like it is hard to find. And if you have been paying attention to the news it is there for you to see first hand.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will give you one. But, there are many others.

http://www.foxnews.com/ente...-part-orangutan.html

It is not like it is hard to find. And if you have been paying attention to the news it is there for you to see first hand.

One is a joke about fake tans and being animated, the other is a joke that was used to help oppress generations of a minority in this country that was brought over as slaves. They are not the "same thing".

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Click to show

Ha! She is a moron! It has been confirmed.

Originally posted by Threedog:

One is a joke about fake tans and being animated, the other is a joke that was used to help oppress generations of a minority in this country that was brought over as slaves. They are not the "same thing".

Who brought slaves to the "Americas"?

Which countries still have slavery?

Which nation sent the largest amount of slaves bought from Black Africans across seas?

Do you know a slave owner? Their present family? One that was enslaved?

Free speech is not limited to what you believe it is. It is defined. You do not get to decide. Even offensive speech is protected.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALL the hosts on that morning all women talk show...dont even know the name of it, say crap like her and worse every day. But since theyre lefty elitists they can say anything they want and its OK. I heard Conway the other day with a great quote...'I remember back when comedians were funny."

Jeff Dunham is about the only one on tv left that makes me laugh...and hes about as politically INcorrect as they come. Most comedies these days are good to make me just smile. Big Bang Theory is about the only series with any consistent laughs.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-30-2018).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

Nice spin there. You put your own bias in that response. They are both examples of someone calling another the same type of animal.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original series, whether one once to admit it or not, was phenomenal. The characters were gritty and real, and the writing was excellent. The show portrayed a lower middle class family struggling to pay bills, parent, and captured the small things that were going missed in other past portrayals of the American family. They were little things, but also accompanied by the little joys. The girls learning about boys, dating, and even things like DJ spending too much time in the bathroom. The contrast was sharp and viewers identified with the Conners more than the Cosby's, the Brady's, or the Cleavers. On top of the truths, it was just hilarious.

The re-boot was a disaster from the start. Too contrived, and you can tell there were too many "cooks in the kitchen", big egos all with an agenda. Nobody wanted to be portrayed as flawed, and they all wanted to be the hero. It was, as you can tell, a writer's nightmare. They did not want to show us, but wanted to tell us about this new fictitious family.What made the original series so great was the "flawed characters", the not so perfect lives. We saw the dark side of the moon, and that intrigued us more than anything.

One dim hope in the re-boot was that Roseanne was willing to take on that role, and come out and show us why there was such a political shift to the right. Why Trump got put in office. She literally took on all the characters, not just on stage, but in real life. But, just like her character, she showed us in real life that even she was deeply flawed. And honestly, aren't we all?

Flawed or not the show must go on. If you are old enough to remember, Archie Bunker had said worse on TV. But, what you saw was a complete composite of a man, and not just the bad, but the good. The success was showing how he evolved, his thinking, but also his success as a family man, a provider, and a compassionate soul. (Yes, I am aware he was the whipping post for his liberal counterpart, but he was also deeply flawed.)

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

The original series, whether one once to admit it or not, was phenomenal. The characters were gritty and real, and the writing was excellent. The show portrayed a lower middle class family struggling to pay bills, parent, and captured the small things that were going missed in other past portrayals of the American family. They were little things, but also accompanied by the little joys. The girls learning about boys, dating, and even things like DJ spending too much time in the bathroom. The contrast was sharp and viewers identified with the Conners more than the Cosby's, the Brady's, or the Cleavers. On top of the truths, it was just hilarious.

The re-boot was a disaster from the start. Too contrived, and you can tell there were too many "cooks in the kitchen", big egos all with an agenda. Nobody wanted to be portrayed as flawed, and they all wanted to be the hero. It was, as you can tell, a writer's nightmare. They did not want to show us, but wanted to tell us about this new fictitious family.What made the original series so great was the "flawed characters", the not so perfect lives. We saw the dark side of the moon, and that intrigued us more than anything.

One dim hope in the re-boot was that Roseanne was willing to take on that role, and come out and show us why there was such a political shift to the right. Why Trump got put in office. She literally took on all the characters, not just on stage, but in real life. But, just like her character, she showed us in real life that even she was deeply flawed. And honestly, aren't we all?

Flawed or not the show must go on. If you are old enough to remember, Archie Bunker had said worse on TV. But, what you saw was a complete composite of a man, and not just the bad, but the good. The success was showing how he evolved, his thinking, but also his success as a family man, a provider, and a compassionate soul. (Yes, I am aware he was the whipping post for his liberal counterpart, but he was also deeply flawed.)

My compliments on an excellent write up. I'm not 100% in agreement but pretty darn close IMHO.
Have never been a Barr fan but, to each their own.

What most angers me about this latest trist is the unbalanced scales used depending on who is the accused. Hopefully some day the same rules will be fairly applied to all regardless of who the culprit is.....

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

👍👍
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One big difference - The audience was more intelligent back then. There was ONE war, and we were aware of it. Watching Archie Bunker, few agreed with his entire mindset. he often was over-the-top-bigoted in what he said, even using the wrong words but sometimes, he made sense. especially when "Meathead" went one for awhile about something, and then he cut him down.

The show won't go on, because people can't handle it.

Want to know the state of the world? Watch the Family guy Millennial episode. Incredibly spot on. Only two things they missed were that most have a "word" tattooed on them, and the septum piercings.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds about right.

I like that. Marcus Aurelius (121-180 CE) doesn't get the publicity these days that he deserves.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Sounds about right.

I like that. Marcus Aurelius (121-180 CE) doesn't get the publicity these days that he deserves.

You forgot the best part of her tweet.

3:3 Focus on what is before you, on what you can control and ignore the trolls!
Have a great week!

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barr is out. Samantha Bee calls Ivanka Trump a "feckless c--t" and her apology makes it alright to stay on the network.

Yeah, there's something to be said about who you are cutting.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-31-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Barr is out. Samantha Bee calls Ivanka Trump a "feckless c--t" and her apology makes it alright to stay on the network.

Yeah, there's something to be said about who you are cutting.

Rams

YES!

A thousand times YES!

I want the leftists to do more of this crap.

A LOT MORE.

I want them to keep right on showing the American public exactly what and who they are.

Remember in November.

(They're making this easier every day)
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, no words from our left friends when it comes to name calling, but damned be to the right. Heck, how many lefty forum members left because of name calling? You folks have a funny way of determining who is able to do what.

Tell ya what, no issue with you calling me a name. Have at it. Then it will be my turn...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't sat down and watched a sitcom or movie in more years than I can remember. I really have a hard time understanding why anyone gives a rodent's rump what the Hollywood crowd has to say.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sticks and stones....
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sticks and stones....

...can break my bones, but words will truly hurt me.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I haven't sat down and watched a sitcom or movie in more years than I can remember. I really have a hard time understanding why anyone gives a rodent's rump what the Hollywood crowd has to say.

I haven't watched network tv in close to ten years, and turned off the satellite service close to two years ago.
TV is a waste of time, and money.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

In reference to this picture, I read a someone's comment....

"If a blacks can call each other the 'N-word', why can't a Jew dress up like Hitler?"
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2018 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over 155,000,000 working jobs in the United States of America.

3.8% unemployment.

Honest question...

Who here is worse off with President Trump?

We are much better.
deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Roseanne story sounds way too much like when Jeremy Clarkson got fired from Top Gear and then ended up on Amazon.

Biggest publicity stunt of all time...

------------------

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TV is a waste of time, and money.

But, but, but, ... that is just not true.

As with any vice, TV is one, moderation is key. Addiction is addiction.

I prefer radio/music. It does not keep me from being productive. I like TV, when I go, am trying to go, to sleep.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2018 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, ok, ok.

Here is a liberal sided view of Roseanne. Remember folks, this is how all the great news reporters get started. Cable Comedy.

I will not hit upon the obvious.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't even watch that whiny sheit.....

What passes for comedy these days is foul and disgusting.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A whole lot of but hurt going on with the kooky leftists these days.

The left has done the monkey and orangutan jokes about presidents and anybody else they feel the need to "fling poo" at.......... see what I did there? for decades and now they are offended because........ WTF? are apes a race now? I think the apes should be offended.

Oh well, we will wait for this mythic blue wave they keep trying to convince themselves is coming........... it was hard writing that with a straight face!... OK I didn't I was laughing.

They are not fooling much of anybody.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock