The Royal Wedding by RotrexFiero
Started on: 05-19-2018 08:29 AM
Replies: 25 (378 views)
Last post by: Khw on 05-22-2018 03:50 PM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHO CARES!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

WHO CARES!!

That attitude has me in the "dog house". I should know better......

No, I don't care but apparently I should........ Nuff said....

I am also a slow learner.

Rams
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't we just have one of these? Like 30 years ago?
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another glorious waste of taxpayer money, as if England has a surplus of money laying around...

Joe
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find nothing horribly interesting about these people except for the fact they inherited a position in life they've never had to work for, but yet feel they are special.

What's even more concerning are those that believe they are special.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2018 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mag dump!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched some of it see the classic Rolls Royces.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's not really something I get a kick out of.

For the most part, I have a real thing against going to weddings that don't have an open bar. So... watching a wedding on TV and not being served a drink is kind of lame.

I do get a little emotional when people say their vows and you can kind of tell they mean it... makes me mad when I gets me... but damn, if there's no alcohol afterwards, I'm going to be PISSED!

So yeah, no interest whatsoever.

But some people really like the pomp and circumstance that goes along with a royal wedding. Same kind of thing when the Dutch king married an Argentine socialite... but I guess not as many people cared.
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't give a rats butt about the wedding itself and honestly, until a couple of days ago, I didn't even know one was in the works. I know little about the groom, nothing at all regarding the bride and that's just the way I want it.

However, I am interested in the pomp involved, the architecture of the cathedral and the vehicles used (be they Rolls or ornate carriages) for the simple reason being that it's very unlikely I'll ever see such things in real life. I view this as an opportunity to see such things used as they were intended and not simply as pictures on the web or as dusty items in some museums exhibition.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

You just need to spend some time in a South Florida junkyard. I used to see Rolls Royces and Maseratis in there all the time.

PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have read that Rolls has the highest percentage of cars still on the road. Though I can't find yhe stat I want to say over 80% of all their cars ever made are still on the road.

I have nothing to add to the thread except that and my outrage at the lavish waste of what I understand to be taxpayer money.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you see the beautiful XKE they drove off in? Turns out that it is electric!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
You just need to spend some time in a South Florida junkyard. I used to see Rolls Royces and Maseratis in there all the time.

What was that Joe Walsh song ??

my Masarati does 185, I lost my licence now I dont drive
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I have read that Rolls has the highest percentage of cars still on the road. Though I can't find yhe stat I want to say over 80% of all their cars ever made are still on the road.

My understanding is that the other 20% actually made it home........

Rams

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2018 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

That attitude has me in the "dog house". I should know better......

No, I don't care but apparently I should........ Nuff said....

I am also a slow learner.

Rams

You and me both...

Seems the words "I really dont give a frack" are a bad idea.

I'll make it up to the royals....oh, probably about....never.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

My understanding is that the other 20% actually made it home........

Rams

Figures off.

Still on the Road TodayToday, about 65% of all Rolls-Royce cars ever built are still on the road! Superb quality and love for the brand keeps them going strong.

My next exotic will be an Aston that's green. After that a Masserati. I'm pretty sold on Ze Germans after I finish the "bucket list" though.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Did you see the beautiful XKE they drove off in? Turns out that it is electric!

So I take it you watched it?

My wife brought it up on her computer at one point because she wanted to see the dress. She was... not enthused by the plainness of it. After that she closed the video feed and we went about our normal daily news streams and such while we were doing stuff that really matters. I don't think it was up on her computer for more than 5 minutes.

I personally didn't care at all about the wedding or who was getting married. My wedding wasn't on the news so why should I care if someone else's is? But then I also don't care when a celebrity has a child and names it Mailbox or whatever either.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

What was that Joe Walsh song ??

my Masarati does 185, I lost my licence now I dont drive

Life's Been Good
HAGO!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a friend that has an Aston Martin Rapide.Its pretty nice. You couldnt give me a Maserati. The Maserati dealers around here are in and out of business as frequent as thunderstorms. The only dealer here that sells them dont even have any on display. Ive been there for Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Bentley parts and never even seen a Maserati sign.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost bought one when I moved to Cali...but then I spotted a 67 Mustang and fell in love.

Should have kept that car, it was cherry and would be worth a small fortune today.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

So I take it you watched it?
No, it was posted on an electric car forum. I'm not interested in the royal family.
My wife brought it up on her computer at one point because she wanted to see the dress. She was... not enthused by the plainness of it. After that she closed the video feed and we went about our normal daily news streams and such while we were doing stuff that really matters. I don't think it was up on her computer for more than 5 minutes.

I personally didn't care at all about the wedding or who was getting married. My wedding wasn't on the news so why should I care if someone else's is? But then I also don't care when a celebrity has a child and names it Mailbox or whatever either.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2018 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2018 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My daughter was there in person on the first corner at Windsor Castle. She was too short to get camera shots over the crowd in front of her. Son in Law wisely stayed at the hotel. But who cares.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

The part you added in the quote.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought when I saw that “Dratts watched that? I didn’t really think he was one to go in for that kind of stuff.” Thankfully my thoughts were valid.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock