Started on: 05-15-2018 08:40 PM
Replies: 12 (300 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 05-19-2018 05:28 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just watched a Democratic senate candidate from NM named Pat Davis with an anti gun ad called "F...the NRA. He said with a totally straight face, after telling he was an ex police officer, that any AR15 can fire 600 rounds per minute. LMAO. Impossible...first off the barrel would melt. This is the BS that liberals who know nothing at about guns all hear from purported experts that gets them excited. I wonder where I can buy a 5000 round magazine for my Highpoint carbine....still laughing...The largest magazine for an AR15 ive ever heard of can hold 60-100 rounds and its bigger than the gun...and even with that, if you can find one, you have to stop for it to cool every 30 rounds or so.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It won't melt, but warp sure. Article I've read said 180 rounds per minute was the thermal limit. Which even with a 100 round drum is excessive.
The ad though. It has to be aired uncensored which is an FCC violation, but required by law due to it being an ad campaign. Real piece of work that guy.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how fast the invading armies weapons can fire? Or the Cartels?
Most likely faster than semi auto.

But anyway the future of war is probably technological. Internet hacks, power grid failures, etc. Maybe combined with disease.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would guess my max fire rate would be 30 in a minute. Even less if it was averaged over more then 1 minute. I only have 1 magazine for my AR-15
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know a few years back Magpul had 0 magazines in stock in the nation. I know people who bought hundreds. Holding onto them for future sales. I don't need extra for sporting and it hurts the springs leaving them always loaded. They can be bought for cheap.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 guns with magpul furniture, but zero pmags

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I know a few years back Magpul had 0 magazines in stock in the nation. I know people who bought hundreds. Holding onto them for future sales. I don't need extra for sporting and it hurts the springs leaving them always loaded. They can be bought for cheap.

I've read many things stating this is a myth, that the springs in mags wear out only from cycling tight to loose over and over.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only need 2
Slow your roll before you have no one left to defend your rights

"Not you roger incase you were wondering, its for the ass hat you are talking about"
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I've read many things stating this is a myth, that the springs in mags wear out only from cycling tight to loose over and over.

Maybe. Maybe not it seems.
I'm going to keep my non use ones empty. I know they last that way.
https://www.google.com/amp/...nd-ammo-cycling/amp/
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend fired 12-15 magazines through his M27 at the rapid/cyclic rate and it was perfectly fine. Ammo dumps are fun.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Magpul pulled it's manufacturing out of Colorado because of changes to our magazine capacity laws...

Joe
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not how fast you fire, it's how accurate you target.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats exactly why military people prefer semi auto to full auto. You only need full auto if 10 enemy soldiers are storming your position at close range. Thats when 'spraying ' becomes the better choice.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock