Started on: 05-13-2018 12:31 PM
Replies: 16 (576 views)
Last post by: Jonesy on 05-18-2018 09:34 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And just what does it think would have happened if the bouncer DID let it in dressed like that ?

This tranny walks into a redneck bar...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2018 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Whiskey River has a standard dress code that states everyone must dress gender appropriate to the gender stated on their state-issued driver's license," Blohm said.

I see no reason not to accept this dress code. I can think of several reasons why this dress code has been implemented. I am curious for more information.

The word of a mental patient does not verify factual material. Fake eye lashes be damned.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/stepping on my soap box/
I agree w/the dress code. It would be the same if the dress code in a fancy restaurant stated a coat and tie were required. What if I don't own a coat & tie and can't afford to buy them but am a guest of someone else? Should I file a lawsuit suggesting that establishment is discriminating against 1) poor people or 2) people who don't own a suit coat & tie??

I've said this for years, it's their business. Let the buying/paying public decide if the dress code/policy is "acceptable". If the establishments customers feel it's not appropriate, they'll stop going and the business will either have to change their practices or go under. If the customers don't feel there's an issue, they'll keep coming and the business will thrive. Either way, problem solved.

This was the same thing I said a couple of years ago when the gay couple sued that CO bakery because the bakery wouldn't sell them a wedding cake. I have a big beard. If someone doesn't want my business because of that, fine. I might be inconvenienced because I really WANTED to go to that particular restaurant or buy my fine frillies at that store but I can still accept that the business doesn't want MY business. The only real exceptions should be when there's a monopoly (only gas station in town, only cable company that serves that area, etc) or when it's a "necessity" (fire, police, hospital, public school, etc). I'm not racially biased by any means (my famiily tree covers pretty much everything and I have plenty of friends who aren't my clone) but a private business is a private business.
/stepping off my soap box/
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll assume the elitist attitude that its appearance offends me so needs to be tossed from the saloon.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can agree to a club that has a posted dress code...if it is... having such rules. The doorman said he had to remove eyelashes and lipstick according to report. Was the person also wearing a dress and heels ? Not enough info here. If they base it on makeup and not attire, would they also ban Kiss and the many male musicians who wear makeup ? How about Ellen DeGeneres and Madonna (on occasion) who dress like men ? I call it a gray area here calling it a violation of civil rights.

I find calling anyone an 'it' offensive, no matter the reason. IT to me is like blacks called the 'n' word (i cant even post the word because someone here will be offended). In western culture anyway, there is only male and female genders. It has nothing to do with what you wear. Even transgender/trans sexual is not a gender. You are what your birth certificate says you are...unless you have surgically altered yourself to the other gender and changed all of your identification to the same. To be perfectly clear...if your a man and have done complete surgery to change to female AND changed all proper identification, you ARE a female. If you do the same and keep your male drivers license, your still a man. Jenner for example...if he completed all surgery AND identifications, he is female. If his license still says Male and Bruce Jenner, hes a man no matter what else hes done.

People need to get over these stupid phobias. I personally dont give a crap about who wears makeup or a dress. I think it looks retarded to wear hats backwards and pants down around your butt, but fine if thats your thing. Its still my right to think you look like a moron.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno Roger, I grew up hanging around redneck and biker bars and there are certain etiquette....Lipstick, eyelashes, heels, dress on a man--all that gonna get is a strange look and a snicker or 2 (probably). But we BOTH know damn well one thing leads to another and things escalate, and doing something like that is a damn good way to start a bar brawl. The bouncer probably saved the guy a LOT of pain.

It would be like me walking thru Harlem or Oakland waving a Confederate flag....might be legal and constitutionally protected, but its a damn stupid idea that IS going to lead to at minimum a confrontation, and most likely bloodshed. Same principal at work.

As for call people "IT", that is now the new standard. Have you SEEN the gender chart and list of abbreviations ???...there are more letters there than the alphabet has, for fracks sakes. The term "IT" encompasses everybody equally, and offends everybody equally, giving the libs nothing to complain about since there IS no discrimination, and saves a sh*t-load of typing and looking up the correct string of letters. I like simple solutions to complex problems, and 2 letters is about as simple as it gets ! So there !

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-14-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read stories of people getting in trouble for using the "wrong" pronoun. "IT" is probably the safest choice in some situations.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2018 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, but if thats what you chose to do, you accept the risks. Go to another place. There are plenty of alternative clubs and bars to choose from except maybe in a small town. Most people can get a feel for where theyre at. Preppys dont go to biker bars for example. I still prefer to call someone man or woman, either by what they appear to be or what theyre asking to be. They can correct me if im wrong. I dont like any of the other names from fag to transgender. 'IT' is just repulsive to me, like I said like a black being called a N.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2018 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yes, but if thats what you chose to do, you accept the risks. Go to another place. There are plenty of alternative clubs and bars to choose from except maybe in a small town. Most people can get a feel for where theyre at. Preppys dont go to biker bars for example. I still prefer to call someone man or woman, either by what they appear to be or what theyre asking to be. They can correct me if im wrong. I dont like any of the other names from fag to transgender. 'IT' is just repulsive to me, like I said like a black being called a N.

Is this the same guy who spent the past 10 years or more telling us about "them" <ahem"> N-people ?? and the problem they cause ??

BOTH of us need altitude, dude--up there this bullshit doesnt exist.

You steal the F-4...I'll steal the fuel truck.......Dibs on front seat, you sit in the back

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah gotta agree with Roger on this one. I have zero issues with people who are of a "changed" gender. If they want me to refer to them as a man or woman, that's fine, and if i get it wrong, don't get offended, just correct me. But as far as the "dress policy" for this bar goes.. Well, its their bar, its 100% up to them how they want to run it, and who they want to let in the door. I may not always agree with "why" they have this policy, but it really doesn't matter, like i said, their business, they can run it how they want. If they would rather lose potential sales then let a certain type of people in their place, that's their choice. If he/she got denied entry instead of caving in and doing what they required to get in, should have just told them to F-Off, and go somewhere else.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Is this the same guy who spent the past 10 years or more telling us about "them" <ahem"> N-people ?? and the problem they cause ??

BOTH of us need altitude, dude--up there this bullshit doesnt exist.

You steal the F-4...I'll steal the fuel truck.......Dibs on front seat, you sit in the back

I still say they are the cause of most problems. Just watch any news from anywhere and see for yourself. I dont see any problems originating from gays, lesbians, trans. Ones I know pretty much have a live and let live/ dont bother me and I wont bother you, attitude. There are some good blacks I call black, I still call the bad ones 'Ns".

Back seat is fine except for landings. Most of the weapons controls are in the back seat. All the aircraft operations controls are in both the front and back. Its so big, landing from back seat is a real pita. Its like landing an airliner from 1st class. Also, you do know the front seat is the first to the accident....lol.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-15-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2018 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a time when there were bars that would not even allow me in the parking lot, let alone in the door, because of my manner of dress and mode of transportation. Once, back in the eighties, I picked up a girl I had just started dating, at a small neighborhood bar. As soon as I walked in the door, the whole place fell dead silent, just like an old western, until she announced that I was there for her. Actually, that was kind of fun. Whenever I could not get respect, I would settle for fear.

But on topic; if they don't want my business, FTFF.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2018 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still say they are the cause of most problems. Just watch any news from anywhere and see for yourself. I dont see any problems originating from gays, lesbians, trans. Ones I know pretty much have a live and let live/ dont bother me and I wont bother you, attitude. There are some good blacks I call black, I still call the bad ones 'Ns".

Back seat is fine except for landings. Most of the weapons controls are in the back seat. All the aircraft operations controls are in both the front and back. Its so big, landing from back seat is a real pita. Its like landing an airliner from 1st class. Also, you do know the front seat is the first to the accident....lol.

That front gear is...just IS man..I thoght working on Canso's was bad.

Ya know what Hydraulic fluid tates like ???You will now

frack. Thank you aviation career......shoulda gone to law school 30 years ago.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2018 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
I have zero issues with people who are of a "changed" gender. If they want me to refer to them as a man or woman, that's fine, and if i get it wrong, don't get offended, just correct me.

If someone wants me to pretend that they are what they pretend to be, F them.

How 'bouts this Jonesy ? I am not a man or a woman. From now on, refer to me as 'God'.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2018 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I agree. Enough of this pretend life.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2018 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone has the right to dress as he pleases and I have the right to ignore their vulgar fantasies. A business should have the same rights.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-17-2018).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

How 'bouts this Jonesy ? I am not a man or a woman. From now on, refer to me as 'God'.

If you want me to refer to you as God, that's fine. Doesn't mean i THINK of you as god. But if it make's you happy, and gets you out of my face quicker, fine with me. More a matter of me not wanting the hassle of dealing with said person that wants to be identified as.. _______.. Cause i don't care either way, lol. (not referring to you personally Cliff, just people in general. )

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-18-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock