What's going on with CNN? by RotrexFiero
Started on: 05-09-2018 08:34 AM
Replies: 17 (682 views)
Last post by: motoracer838 on 05-11-2018 07:35 PM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've certainly noticed this for a while, but they are hardly news anymore. I actually read the webpage to catch the latest jaded views on politics.

With articles marked Analysis and Opinion these are obviously very skewed views of the latest news topics.

Remember the days when they were more respected.

I read a lengthy article, sorry that I wasted my time afterward, but it expounded on how the hostage release of three Americans from NK was mishandled. There was no reasoning to it, but it was clearly trying to slander the success of these three being released from their kidnappers and lessen any credit towards this administration.

It seems many of the pieces are trying hard to search for and misrepresent anything good as being bad.

The problem is there is no credibility anymore since they have moved to such an extreme.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, sounds to me like you're 'Woke", bro...

GOD, I HATE that term. and "Lit". ugh.

yeah, it's kinda strange, it's not even like anyone's trying to hide their slant - Trump got TWO scoops of ice cream...waaa waaa waaa.

Russia, and Stormy crap. and his hair....it's just BORING.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 05-09-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2018 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Click to show

The hostages are currently on a flight home with the Secretary of State. American Citizens are coming home.

Originally posted by Threedog:

Do you have a source on this? Every source I have found(with the except of Trump himself) has said that Iran was holding up their end of the bargain.

This quote says it perfectly. You have to dig deep for the actual truth. Not one news source plays nicely. They all have a money making agenda.

There is truth out there. Because one of the alphabet societies does not mention it in the header does not mean it is not out there.

A few do not like it, but I see very clearly.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somehow, liberals will figure a way that they can try to take credit for them being freed. I used to watch CNN most of the day while working in the shop. I havent watched it for many years at all now.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

I've certainly noticed this for a while, but they are hardly news anymore. I actually read the webpage to catch the latest jaded views on politics.

With articles marked Analysis and Opinion these are obviously very skewed views of the latest news topics.

Remember the days when they were more respected.

I read a lengthy article, sorry that I wasted my time afterward, but it expounded on how the hostage release of three Americans from NK was mishandled. There was no reasoning to it, but it was clearly trying to slander the success of these three being released from their kidnappers and lessen any credit towards this administration.

It seems many of the pieces are trying hard to search for and misrepresent anything good as being bad.

The problem is there is no credibility anymore since they have moved to such an extreme.

Oh dude... CNN is such a joke.

Unless there's a plane crash somewhere, no one watches that channel.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it has become so obvious that they are no longer delivering news. As I said, by labeling news as Opinion and Analysis (which is just another word for opinion) they are no longer even trying to provide a legitimate news services.

It's like watching SNL, and believing they are in now way slanted in their attempts at humor.

When you are going to such extremes to discredit someone, even when they deserve credit, you sacrifice your own credibility.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CNN has been an unwatchable cesspool for years, ever since the election they have taken it upon themselves to try to get Trump impeached or make him resign, and 90% of their content is focused on that objective. They lost millions trying to get Hilary elected, and the company executives and sponsors have been trying to exact revenge ever since.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching CNN -- Yeah, because everyone loves a train wreck.

I love CNN this morning because I am so curious to see what tactics they are going to employ in order to misrepresent the truth (release of NK prisoners).

When you are working so hard to alter the truth, even your most dedicated followers will become suspicious.

So you inadvertently are not furthering your cause, but only making it obvious you have something to hide (private agenda).

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently CNN's viewership just tanked 20% last month... and it's expected to be even worse this month.

I know "progressives" (note, I didn't say Democrats) base everything they do on emotion... but at what point does logic come into play, so that they can allow themselves to make more informed decisions. Such as... reporting, and political bias?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Unless there's a plane crash somewhere, no one watches that channel.

If they do they watch the plane crash coverage over and over and over for 10 days.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know "progressives" (note, I didn't say Democrats) base everything they do on emotion... but at what point does logic come into play, so that they can allow themselves to make more informed decisions. Such as... reporting, and political bias?

It is probably important to understand that in leftist / liberal "thinking":

1. Opinions = facts

2. Emotions = logic

Both of the above are inextricably intertwined.

#1 is also fundamentally driven by feelings / emotions.

How strongly the liberal mind *feels* about an opinion has a direct relationship to how much they view that opinion as a fact.

Having made that leap, they honestly believe that their emotion based "facts" have led them to a "logic" based decision.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-10-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

1. Opinions = facts

2. Emotions = logic

Damn Randy... how do you keep busting out with these thought-provoking comments every time?

Anyway... soooo true. You are absolutely right.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never caught this guy. He is a load of laughs.

I could not imagine my life in such denial? You ****ing liberals really need to wake the **** up.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump could part the Red Sea and the headlines would read, "Trump causes environmental disaster of biblical proportions!"
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats cool trump got those guys home, but I still think about that young kid nk killed. Wish that guy came home ok. Ida wiped them off the map for that

shem

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

1. Opinions = facts

2. Emotions = logic

#1 is also fundamentally driven by feelings / emotions.

How strongly the liberal mind *feels* about an opinion has a direct relationship to how much they view that opinion as a fact.

Having made that leap, they honestly believe that their emotion based "facts" have led them to a "logic" based decision.

Seems accurate
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Trump could part the Red Sea and the headlines would read, "Trump causes environmental disaster of biblical proportions!"

Hhahah!!!
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but at what point does logic come into play, so that they can allow themselves to make more informed decisions. Such as... reporting, and political bias?

They've lost the ability to think logically, The only path they have anymore."if Trump is for it, I hate it"... This mental illness (I can't think of a "nice" way to put it.) is killing them, they lash out with evermore absurd ideas and claims, at some point it has to implode.

I think the midterms will be every bit as historic as 2016, there's gonna' be a lot of even more butthurt people... ( feel bad for them, I have a family member that suffers from sever TDS... It's soo bad, when I open my FB news feed, I'd swear I'm on his page. I hate to think what a loss in the midterms will do to him. )

It's ok to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fall out... Joe

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock