Started on: 05-03-2018 08:49 AM
Replies: 16 (371 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 05-04-2018 05:33 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2018 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where it all began.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 05-03-2018).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No surprise. Name will likely be sold again and worse products to come.
"Ronco" was just a name like Bell+Howell and Polaroid labels on complete crap made in China and worse.
Polaroid still makes film but also sell the brand to 3rd parties.

Many people actually used Pocket Fisherman because look like a dumb idea work very good for smaller stream and ponds. Was never made to be equal full rods but did work.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron Popiel

I still have one of his food dehydrators.

My mother had one of the first gadgets sold by Ron Popiel's father, Samuel. The original Popiel "Veg-O-Matic"...

"Slice a tomato so thin it only has one side."

Love em or hate em, the Popiels changed product marketing in this country forever.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-03-2018).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
Ron Popiel
Sold Ronco years ago. Several owner since have sold the brand too and current owner is now Bankrupt.
The Brand is likely to be sold like B+H and others to get stuck on crap.

Having work on B&H projectors and other things was sad the total crap they stick B+H on and people believe their good.
I believe Company bought B&H consumer band or license to it years ago, change to B+H to stick on any crap they think of and often sold on TV or as "see on TV" section at many stores. the site does not cover many items sold in store now.

Is like many still think Consumer Brand Pyrex and Corelle are still made by Corning but hasn't be true for many years. Corning sold them to Wold Kitchen now charge sold to Corelle Brands LLC.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 05-03-2018).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Sold Ronco years ago.

I knew Ron couldn't be a part of that bankruptcy. Too smart of a businessman. Plus judging by the article, he is coming out with a new turkey fryer
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I knew Ron couldn't be a part of that bankruptcy. Too smart of a businessman. Plus judging by the article, he is coming out with a new turkey fryer

I don't fry a lot of things. In fact someone gave us a Fry Daddy and we never used it. I've deep fried a bunch of turkeys. Only way I mess with it is if I'm doing at least 3. The oil is $20+ and I have no way of storing it long term after use.

I don't know if I've ever owned any of his products, but I remember jis infomercials. I used to enjoy those as a kid.

White people are the clumsiest.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
I don't fry a lot of things. I've deep fried a bunch of turkeys. Only way I mess with it is if I'm doing at least 3. The oil is $20+ and I have no way of storing it long term after use.

I leave mine in the deep fryer. For the next time. Perhaps I might change it out for a new commodity, but usually not.

Oil does not go stale.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I leave mine in the deep fryer. For the next time. Perhaps I might change it out for a new commodity, but usually not.

Oil does not go stale.

Not so much degrade, but go rancid. It needs to ne kept cold after. I do have 3 refrigerator sections, but 5 gallons of oil takes up tons of space.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who made the Flowbee?

gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a "set it and forget it" rotisserie. I've put some big turkeys and many chickens in it. Really, it has been a reliable product that I've had for almost 20 years. You could stare at a bird in there for a long time watching the perpetual wave of juices rolling across the golden body.
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

I've got a "set it and forget it" rotisserie. I've put some big turkeys and many chickens in it. Really, it has been a reliable product that I've had for almost 20 years. You could stare at a bird in there for a long time watching the perpetual wave of juices rolling across the golden body.

I make about 1 Turkey a month. I use a roaster. Can you compare?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
I make about 1 Turkey a month.

I am impressed.

Once my wife's childhood pastor filled in at her new Church. Some ? 40 years after she last saw him preach. June'ish I think. She wanted to invite him over for dinner. I told her to make a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, including the table setting.

He was impressed and flattered. I told him turkey is not just for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Lonzo, I don't know if you like chicken and dumplings. (So much depends on the way it is prepared.) You should try some turkey and dumplings.

I prefer my turkey baked/basted/baked.

I am not to sure about what you mean about cooking oil going rancid. Not in my experience. Of course, once a month use will degrade it but I have not experienced degraded oil which sat for months.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Of course, once a month use will degrade it but I have not experienced degraded oil which sat for months.

I will add I do not refrigerate mine.

I will also add, for the peanut gallery, that turkey an inexpensive food source. Of course they are large but the left overs keep well, frozen.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2018 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will add I do not refrigerate mine.

I will also add, for the peanut gallery, that turkey an inexpensive food source. Of course they are large but the left overs keep well, frozen.

Bacon doesnt...well, I really dont know. It never lasts long enough to get to that frozen point

(As I sit here munching on BLT's...not so much on the lettuce or tomatoes, but damn heavy on the bacon )
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:
You could stare at a bird in there for a long time watching the perpetual wave of juices rolling across the golden body.

Pretty sure I visited that "club" in my youth..............

Rams
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit. I wish Cliff would update the forum or at least use the BB Code of the world.

http://www.sheknows.com/foo...fter-frying-a-turkey

Cliff,
The roaster seems too cook very similar to an oven with the turkey on a bag. Doesn't heat up my house. I cook about a 20lb bird in 3 hours. I always make something with the balance. Last week it was gumbo. Others pot pie, dumplings, chili, chicken salad (I don't eat it), soup, etc.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 05-04-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock