Started on: 04-28-2018 10:55 AM
Replies: 14 (592 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 05-03-2018 04:39 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2018 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kim "decided" I needed a bigger household....she has a pure-breed Shiatsu, and the little guy is a TOTAL suck (Well, OK a dust-mop. I'm always teasing I am going to duct-tape him to a broom handle and mop the ceilings )

About 2 months ago, her friends dog had another litter.....and Kim decided (all on her own) That Merlin needs a playmate and training yet another dog would keep me out of trouble (yeh, training them to do stuff they arent supposed to is one of the ways I get INTO trouble). So she went and bought the runt of the litter At 8 weeks he still fits in the palm of my hand, and is about the size of a guinea pig (1/3rd of the rest of the litter)...perfectly healthy, just missed out on the size gene. Rambunctious as hell though, fun little guy.

e comes home on Monday. We had been going to see him every so often, but all along Kim is telling me its a playmate for her dog, and last night they accidentally let it slip that he was heading for my place.

A shiatsu. Oh, well. He will be a lot cheaper to feed than a King Sheppard.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...so many questions...

I'll start with, how large is your apartment?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 bedroom, about 600 sq. ft (plus balcony, about 7x30).....Its just me and Merlin right now, and he is a 30-pound 'vunderpug" . The cats got gone 2 months ago, I gave them to an old guy in the building since there were starting to be too many territorial fights with them.

They would NOT get along with Merlin, and Redneck liked to jump on the railing and go visiting all the neighbors, then start crap with their pets.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-28-2018).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

1 bedroom, about 600 sq. ft (plus balcony, about 7x30).....Its just me and Merlin right now, and he is a 30-pound 'vunderpug" . The cats got gone 2 months ago, I gave them to an old guy in the building since there were starting to be too many territorial fights with them.

They would NOT get along with Merlin, and Redneck liked to jump on the railing and go visiting all the neighbors, then start crap with their pets.

I'm not much on little dogs. Hope you guys are happy together though.

We just got a Dane. She is 3 months old and 48lbs and I don't know why they call them "Great". I've been around dogs my whole life and a breeder for 2 decades. This has been the worst puppy I have dealt with. Scared of everything. Nervous/excited pee-er. I've taken her for a few drags, today we went .8 miles in a brisk 20 minutes. Skittish. Won't go outside in the rain. The amount of food being consumed already...
I've got her crate trained and can make her potty outside, but she still isn't telling me. Loves tearing things up.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was Goofie (King Shep/husky) a long time ago...

Open the front door, and here is a deer hind he dragged home...

LOOK, dad !! I got you some food !!....Now cook it for me !!

Big dogs, hound dogs and Huskies.....

seemed like a good idea at the time. Until I saw the fuel food bill
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The little guy is NOT doing well.
Had to take him o the vets last night (there goes 300 bucks) and he checks out fine, BUT wont eat, wont drink and s now so weak he cant stand on his own.

and just cries if he not held. just being beside him isnt enough.

got paid work to do, but instead I've been up all night with him.

Not often an animal can really get to me, but this little guy has.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the little shiat doing? Have any pics?

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-30-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2018 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The little guy is NOT doing well.
Had to take him o the vets last night (there goes 300 bucks) and he checks out fine, BUT wont eat, wont drink and s now so weak he cant stand on his own.

and just cries if he not held. just being beside him isnt enough.

got paid work to do, but instead I've been up all night with him.

Not often an animal can really get to me, but this little guy has.

And that is exactly how I fell in love with our first Shih-Tzu!

When we first got him, it was to do a "short time" favor for a relative whose mother had gone into a nursing home temporarily.
He had been in 3 other homes until he got to us.
He had very bad seizures from the first night we had him..... he was scared!
I would hold him for an hour or more until they would pass.... this truly bonded us.

I would go so far as to put my clothes in his bed from the day before, so he would feel secure and be able to smell me.
It worked......

After having him for a month, I could not give him back.
Too bad "old lady", but this guy and I were meant to be together!
(Rather heartless I know, but it was in his best interest,,, ok, and mine).

9 years later, he was just in such bad shape we had to let him go last December....
Best 9 years of my life, and he was about to turn 17.

Now, don't judge a dog by it's size, but what it is willing to give back to you, and what it can get from you, which in my case was everything.
We had him until he was almost 17 years old, and I would still give 5 years of my life to have 5 more minutes with him.
Literally!

We have another Shih-Tzu now, and only after many long hours of wondering "should I?" he is filling me with the same love and loyalty as Buddy did.

Chewy is his name, and he is living up to it for sure.

Here is the "Little Dude" (which he responds to faster than Chewy".

Yup, I am the old fart holding this exciting young dude in the picture, but I think between the two of us we could take on the world.

Hey MEM, you are one of a kind, and doing something special for that little guy, and I for one, say thank you!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2018 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We decided to name him General....because HE is in charge and giving the orders around here.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-01-2018).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We decided to name him General....because HE is in charge and giving the orders around here.

I can't tell if the other dog is fat or if there is just something wrong with the potato you are using to take those photos.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2018 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merlin is fat. and its an Orange. Potatoes are for gaming.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Little guy didn't make it. Blood sugar problems and size were just too much and he was just too small to handle it. Just for comparison the rest of the litter grew normally and are literally 5-6 times his size.

For size comparison, that fuzzy thing with the black stripes in the background on the 2nd pic is my ball cap. He could curl up in that with plenty of room to spare.

He was up and moving at 2am, couldn't walk by 4, couldn't pick his head up by 6 and gone by 8.

He had actually started having problems when mom force-weaned him (just cut him off the teat) about a week ago. Just wasn't ready for it.

I've been around animals of one sort or another all my life, but rarely see a runt fight for life as hard as he did. Last time was a kitten over 10 years ago then a pony 5 years before that.

crap.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-03-2018).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry man.

Not the point, but did the puppy come with a health guarantee? Any ofthe other dogs ill?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Sorry man.

Not the point, but did the puppy come with a health guarantee? Any ofthe other dogs ill?

No other dogs ill, just a litle-tiny runt I got attached to. that Kim thought would bring me back into a farm-boy mentality

Breeder gave us a healthy "replacement"....I'll get attached to "Lucy" in time man, but I had so much poured into saving the little guy.

Same as that pony years ago...just sh*t !!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock