Started on: 04-28-2018 08:10 AM
Replies: 56 (726 views)
Last post by: tshark on 05-02-2018 07:51 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2018 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

IP: Logged
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2018 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2018 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I rarely drink soda. It seems to be the beverage of choice for many people.

I like it okay, but when I quit using it as a mixer/chaser my consumption fell off. I go through a gallon of water on a day with no physical activity. More ifthey doing anything.
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the good news, though we are the fattest country in the world, people are living longer. If you want to use "years lived" as a benchmark for success we are all better off than say a hundred years ago.

Medical science is keeping us alive, and other technological advances have given us more food. We are no longer in danger of starving.

Imagine the anxiety of having to wake up every morning and wondering if you will have enough to eat -- Going out and foraging for food. Wow, and on top of that trying to stay warm, and protect yourself from wild animals.

We live in a very protected and well sheltered world that we've created to keep us safe.

It seems we solve one problem and then another arrives.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The old people are living longer.
The young and middle aged people are the 'plus sized' segment.
Expect longevity numbers to change as they age....
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A thought from the other side. As a person who was considered morbidly obese, 367 lbs at 5'11 highest weight 7 years ago. At my doctors suggestion I underwent lap band surgery and now weigh in at 225. One of the things you have to do to get this done is talk with a nutritionist, she asked me how long does it take me to eat a meal, lets say supper, my reply was 15-20 minutes max. Her reply was that I was eating to quickly and not getting the full feeling that the brain senses form the nerves in the upper stomach that say to stop eating. I had to relearn to eat, and as people earlier said, I believe it has to do with the abundance of the quick and easy access meals compared to earlier generations where you had the family breakfast and dinners. Now everyone is in such a hurry, they just can't make the time.

dan
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I/we prepare nearly all of our own meals. Perhaps once a month do we either eat out at a restaurant, or we get a 12 pack of tacos from Taco Bell. We do not do frozen meals. We sit and eat as a family.

Knowing what life can be like, I choose to make it how I want it. The clarity that I speak of is from experience. I am not perfect. I know my limits. I will not be denied that in which I work toward.

Self discipline. I do not find it easy.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

A thought from the other side. As a person who was considered morbidly obese, 367 lbs at 5'11 highest weight 7 years ago. At my doctors suggestion I underwent lap band surgery and now weigh in at 225. One of the things you have to do to get this done is talk with a nutritionist, she asked me how long does it take me to eat a meal, lets say supper, my reply was 15-20 minutes max. Her reply was that I was eating to quickly and not getting the full feeling that the brain senses form the nerves in the upper stomach that say to stop eating. I had to relearn to eat, and as people earlier said, I believe it has to do with the abundance of the quick and easy access meals compared to earlier generations where you had the family breakfast and dinners. Now everyone is in such a hurry, they just can't make the time.

dan

I eat FAST. This is something I don't think I've really ever considered. I am 100% of the time always the first one finished eating.
How are you feeling at 225? That is still in the obese range. I am guessing ideal for you would be 190? How expensive was the surgery? What about the skin droop? Did you work out and crap too or just let it do its thing?
This surgery has always intrigued me. My buddies wife had lipo years back. She had baby weight and the like. It was about $5000 and a huge waste of money, that they didn't have at the time. I saw her in street clothes and bathing suit. She looked attractive in both. Not a model, but certainly not grotesque, we are talking about a woman in her 30s with 2 kids.
My mother swears a friend of our family had it done a few years ago, but she refutes that. She was a LARGE girl. I see her talk all the time about exercising this or eating healthy that and while I think good for her, I just don't need the constant updates. I personally found her more attractive at her fat size than I do now. I am not sure why my mother cares so much that she won't admit she had the surgery (if she did).

Tons of lap band surgery questions if you want to answer them or prefer PM. I am no where close to a candidate or anything, just interest. I've watch a few of the shows over the years and while I've been fat I've never taken eating to such extremes and have a hard time relating exactly. Exercising isn't too difficult for me. 5 miles a day in casual walking is pretty common for me.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem with questions, I can answer them here. As for how I feel at 225, better, but the abuse of carrying the extra weight all those years is starting to show with pain in my knees and hips, some probably has to do with age also (48). Yes by BMI I am still considered overweight, it is a stupid scale of measurement. Cost, as I had no insurance, it was cheaper, from beginning to end roughly 10K. I really didn't experience skin droop, If I take my shirt off you could tell, but I wear a shirt one size larger with an undershirt, lap band is meant for a slow decline in weight over a couple of years, unlike the other gastric surgeries. A lot of walking for the first couple of years to help the process, now just moving around helps maintain my weight.

dan

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 05-01-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Here is the good news, though we are the fattest country in the world, people are living longer. If you want to use "years lived" as a benchmark for success we are all better off than say a hundred years ago.

Medical science is keeping us alive, and other technological advances have given us more food. We are no longer in danger of starving.

Imagine the anxiety of having to wake up every morning and wondering if you will have enough to eat -- Going out and foraging for food. Wow, and on top of that trying to stay warm, and protect yourself from wild animals.

We live in a very protected and well sheltered world that we've created to keep us safe.

We live in a society that works. For now.

Viva la freedom and the Constitution Bill of rights and the Bible
The foundations of this Country.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears that 'not a lot' is a subjective quantity.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you are all striking at the obvious problems with food.

But, why is it so hard to give up eating, or eating too much?

Food replaces a lot of things missing from our lives.

Where as everything is taken from us, food is always there and it is plentiful.

When we are bored we eat, anxious we eat, or just want to relax we eat. If we are lonely we eat. Eating is a reason to socialize.

We often have more food than money.

We have a terrible day, we can always go home and indulge.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I have eaten 2.5 large pizzas.

Might be a lot of pizza, but a good number none the less.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
Getting fat is one thing, thin people die of heart attacks or strokes due to their diet too.

That's really the only reason I watch what I eat much at all, health.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock