Started on: 04-25-2018 04:15 PM
Replies: 13 (301 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 05-02-2018 06:25 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've picked up a few bucks doing taxes for some people in the building this year, and this one of guy came to pick his up and says to me "My son gave me a laptop I don't even know how to open, yo interested in that instead of cash. Its just in my way.

I take a look and just about crap myself. Acer E17, 17", Core i5, 1TB drive, 8GB ram, Nvidea Geforce 840M video card. <that thunk was mems jaw hitting the floor>...The guy wouldnt even take some cash on top for it (I'm typing this post on it). So basically I got this thing for 50 bucks worth of work.

Now WHAT would a guy like me do with a full-blown movie laptop (I'm already transfering about 250GB worth of horror movies to it. )...and the rest of this years tax season paid for a new 50" TV and Samsung Blu-ray smart home theater.

I think I'm set for entertainment for a few years.....now lets see how much I can actually get done from now on with all of this stuff around

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-25-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now, download fortnite
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are surrounded by the kind of people you talk about, somebody is likely to kill you for that 50" TV someday.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2018 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

......, somebody is likely to kill you for that 50" TV someday.

It's been tried before. I'm still here .....LETS just say with the dopers around, I am fully aware that its going to take 5-7 minutes to kick thru that door.

PLENTY of time for me to arrange it so nobody survives past 2 steps in, and when the cops have their world-infamous 20-minue response, they can clean up (They better, I wouldn't give dopers a burial, just dump 'em down a garbage chute where they belong)

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by jmbishop:

now, download fortnite

I just looked that up......

I'm screwed.

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat trade. No idea why you'd want to watch movies on it instead of the TV or that people bought physical media anymore.

Over the years I've learned I rarely moved my 17" laptops. I've had a grea top of the line gaming rigs, always got my junk and body too hot to not use on a desk.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up a BlackWeb gaming mouse to go with it, Wally-world had them on sale.

I am freaken impressed ! I don't recall the last time I had a rig that would game with this quality of video and smoothness of play.

Not much into the "modern" games, I prefer stuff like Sacred, Torchlight, Diablo 2 and 3, some of the free sniper/zombie games...so nothing REAL demanding on a machine but damn having the resources available in a laptop makes a difference.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I just looked that up......

I'm screwed.

Let us know when you get your account set up.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Username: ml878us

Havent tried it, probably wont get there until the weekend
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe your new computer is like Riley's gal.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^ I love that song! ^^
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Username: ml878us

Havent tried it, probably wont get there until the weekend

Added
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2018 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That worked out well...

My very 1st jump into the city. Sky-diving is good, the glider works as designed...and I didnt even straighten up from the landing before 2 players jump out of a building and off me
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the game!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock