Started on: 04-22-2018 01:05 PM
Replies: 18 (629 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-04-2018 10:09 AM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is huge news. N. Korea's state run media are saying that their nuclear and missile programs are "complete" and that they no longer need them.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04...lear-site/index.html

We might see the reunification of Korea in the near future.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2018 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Translation:

We are satisfied we can do sufficient damage with these, so now we will just aim and wait.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engrish transration: They found a design that works, so they don't need to do anymore testing.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MEM and Blacktree nailed it. Unfortunately, this is NO news. NK is confident they can make us glow. What else do they need to do?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I respectfully disagree. They've nuked their test site to the point that the ground is unstable. One more test will probably release Godzilla, or cause the whole peninsula to sink into the Pacific, or something.

I'd like to believe that they realize they can't out bully Trump and the others, and don't want hell rained down upon them.
The next best thing for Kim Jong Dingbat to do is to play nice, and act like it's his idea, in order to save face with his people.

Just one man's take on it. And it certainly doesn't solve everything. But as long as they're done with the outwardly crazy, I'll take it.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I respectfully disagree. They've nuked their test site to the point that the ground is unstable. One more test will probably release Godzilla, or cause the whole peninsula to sink into the Pacific, or something.

I'd like to believe that they realize they can't out bully Trump and the others, and don't want hell rained down upon them.
The next best thing for Kim Jong Dingbat to do is to play nice, and act like it's his idea, in order to save face with his people.

Just one man's take on it. And it certainly doesn't solve everything. But as long as they're done with the outwardly crazy, I'll take it.

This and all the above could be true but.........

North Korea has consistently lied, cheated and provoked just to get sanctions reduced and then go back to their crap. I think anyone taking them at their word is a fool. If it can't be verified, it ain't true. We really don't know what they have or, if they even developed squat. For all we know, the Chineese, the Rusisians, Iran or another nuclear state may have given them some old nucs just to distract us. Yeah, they may have built a nuc but, we really don't know.

I wouldn't lift a single sanction unless they are nuc free and we are able to verify it.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-22-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think you are right, at least I hope you are right.

I think Kim's capitulation was based on three things:
  • The recent nuclear disaster at his test sight
  • Pressure from China
  • Pressure from the USA

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The DPRK could effectively operate like China does. They essentially have a single ruler, and a ruling party. China is no different, yet they are successful. DPRK could emulate this model, KJI would remain in power, uncontested, and things could go really well for the in the interim. It's sort of a win for everyone, since this current model doesn't seem to be working for them.

That said, they lie constantly, so this is probably just a ploy. But on the off chance it could be legitimate, it would let him off the hook by him pretending it was his idea.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they ran out of money and want us to help out their financial situation.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I think they ran out of money and want us to help out their financial situation.

After watching the video below, I think this may be what's happening.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Why the US’s [President Clinton] 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump can learn from it"
Maria Ryan, for The Conversation(.com); July 19, 2017.

The column.
https://theconversation.com...-learn-from-it-80578

The author.
https://theconversation.com...es/maria-ryan-118914

Two or three book-sized pages of text that describes what the author presents as failures and shortcomings on the U.S. side of the equation, that contributed to the eventual unraveling of the 1994 Agreed Framework that was signed by the Clinton administration, and by North Korea.

I offer this only as a quick way for anyone who wants to review some of the basic mereology of the 1994 Agreed Framework. "In all of this confusion, I hardly remembered any of the top line features of the 1994 Agreed Framework, myself."

1994 Agreed Framework addicts may also want to peruse a longer analysis, from April 1 (really) of 1997, from the Hoover Institution.
https://www.hoover.org/rese...amework-north-koreas

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-03-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
We might see the reunification of Korea in the near future.

Doug, I had you pegged at smart.

Dennis Rodman's boy toy and his regime won't let foreigners in or citizens out. Talk about border control ... years and years of hard labor under cruel conditions.

Dennis Rodman's boy toy will not allow his citizens access to the internet / free media.

Dennis Rodman's boy toy is but just a ruthless sheep herder.

I wish you were right Doug.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Why the US’s [President Clinton] 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump can learn from it"
Maria Ryan, for The Conversation(.com); July 19, 2017.

It's always so cute when mentally ill Ronald finds another one of his obscure children in academia with a nearly year old OPINION column...

especially ones in the UK that presume to lecture the United States and the Trump administration.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-03-2018).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....They've nuked their test site to the point that the ground is unstable. One more test will probably release Godzilla, or cause the whole peninsula to sink into the Pacific, or something.

At least this much appears to be true. I read, shortly after posting this, that the test site is acting like a chimney, and funneling radioactivity up into the air. (I read it on the interwebs. It's gotta be true.)
One more detonation will likely be devastating to the integrity of the surrounding area, if it isn't already too far compromised.
As for the rest of it? I still would like to believe that we've called his bluff.
If he realizes that, if he cools his heels and doesn't screw up, we don't really want to bomb him back into the stone age, he might be more willing to play nice with others. (They're also broke, and choked for resources.)
Of course, as far as his people are concerned, it was still his ideas. He still comes out smelling like a rose.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's always revealing when (predictably) the same Internet moron conveniently ignores an important part of my message, in his relentless but pathetic attempts to distort the readers' perceptions about what I have and have not said.

At the end of my previous message, I offered an analysis of the 1994 Framework Agreement from the Hoover Institution.

Given the Internet moron's ideological pretensions, the Hoover Institution would seem to be on his short list of Moron Approved organizations.

IF he actually had any familiarity with it. IF he were not simply at his perpetual game of trying to distort reader's perceptions about my forum messages.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-03-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..... the Hoover Institution would seem to be on his short list of Moron Approved organizations.

So, it's not an asylum for criminally insane vacuum cleaner salesmen?

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....trying to distort reader's perceptions about my forum messages.

No distortion.

Actual footage of Ronald making another of his 'contributions" to PFF:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please be sure of the definition of the descriptive terms of other Forum members.....

"moron
[mawr-on, mohr-]
noun
Informal.a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:
I wonder why they elected that narrow-minded moron to Congress.

Psychology.(no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69."

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock