Started on: 04-21-2018 06:18 AM
Replies: 12 (335 views)
Last post by: da.slyboy on 05-01-2018 12:51 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I was seeing things due to fatigue.

Delivering a truck to northern Indiana I was transporting yesterday near Middleburg, a Fiero pulled out of a used car lot as I was passing. Clearly on the windshield someone had written 85 Fiero, $6900.

On my return trip, I watched to see if I would get lucky and see it again. Sure enough, there it was on the front row. Pretty sweet ride but, since I've never owned anything but an 88 Formula or coupe, it wasn't worth stopping for me. Think'n they will be fortunate to get that kind of money for what appeared to be a stock 85 Fiero. But then, who am I to question such things......

Ironically, I saw two more Fieros before I got back to Ft. Wayne on my way home. Seems like Indiana has it's fair share of our beloved passion.

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a classic mustang for that earlier this week. I know which one I'd buy.
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's hope the values are going up and Fieros are finally getting the love they deserve!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy *@#* !!!

Have you guys been on eBay lately? There are a bunch of Fieros, and aside from a totally failed Ferrari conversion that was never finished (though the car was butchered), there's not a single Fiero up there for less than $4,800 bucks! Many of them are in the $10k plus range.

Man... I guess the days of getting them for $250 running, on auction... are over.

I miss the late 1990s...
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Holy *@#* !!!

Have you guys been on eBay lately? There are a bunch of Fieros, and aside from a totally failed Ferrari conversion that was never finished (though the car was butchered), there's not a single Fiero up there for less than $4,800 bucks! Many of them are in the $10k plus range.

Man... I guess the days of getting them for $250 running, on auction... are over.

I miss the late 1990s...

I think the market will adjust.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't looked in a long time, so I just checked craigslist in my area. There are seven listed between $2k and $10k. If you take the $10k car out of the list, the average asking price is just over $3,100.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I hadn't looked in a long time, so I just checked craigslist in my area. There are seven listed between $2k and $10k. If you take the $10k car out of the list, the average asking price is just over $3,100.

I see 7 on mine too. From $3.5k to $12k
Averaging out to just over $7k
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I see 7 on mine too. From $3.5k to $12k
Averaging out to just over $7k

Personally, I hope each seller gets their asking price.

Rams

boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey maybe you saw me? I live in Fort Wayne, bright red 88 gt with black beretta gtz wheels? I see them here and there around town. Mostly just dailys.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

Hey maybe you saw me? I live in Fort Wayne, bright red 88 gt with black beretta gtz wheels? I see them here and there around town. Mostly just dailys.

Could have been you, one was a bright red GT. The other was black notchback.

Rams
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

I saw a couple in Fort Wayne at a parts store, I want to say Napa a month or so ago.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lately, it seems that 20 something kids are fascinated by the Fiero. It was built before they were born and they have never seen or even heard of them. When I tell them that it has a transverse mid engine, they are amazed. Then I tell them that one can be had for just a few grand.

I believe that the price will steadily rise from here on out.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My biggest fear is that they go the way of the third gen Camaro/Firebird in which everyone thinks they are worth collector value and try to sell a rusted roller for 2 grand or higher. There are still fair deals out there, but I am often annoyed at trends that put poor condition cars at high value.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock