Started on: 04-20-2018 12:10 AM
Replies: 14 (600 views)
Last post by: randye on 05-04-2018 01:37 PM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check his 'stick' welding at 1:45 and other places.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2018 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much. I find videos of this nature extremely inspirational. I subscribed for future use.

Enjoy this day folks!
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoyed that. The resources involved though. Proof of concept for a job video?
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is quite creative. Take a look at his 'Chainsaw Hack'
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never underestimate the Polish peoples.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Never underestimate the Polish peoples.

Damn right, we Polacks build some cool stuff. I'm wondering how he is cutting the steel with such an aggressive toothed blade. That could go south very quickly if the teeth catch the steel.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Damn right, we Polacks build some cool stuff. I'm wondering how he is cutting the steel with such an aggressive toothed blade. That could go south very quickly if the teeth catch the steel.

I noticed that too. Also my chop saw is 14". I don't thinkmy 7.5" circular saw is big enough.
hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They make saw blades for cutting steel that look just like the normal woodcutting blades. They are called Avenger blades. I used one while fabricating a snowplow mount for my truck. They work great, it cut through 1/4" regular steel plate almost as fast as cutting through plywood. Very messy and the hot steel chips require glasses, hat, etc....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked up that saw because I like the design and it is almost $400. It is designed specifically for cutting steel.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a lot of work...when Evolution makes a miter saw that would do the job for most people. Similar price to the circular saw. A chunk more and you can get the chop saw. Lots of work to save a couple hundred bucks.
hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put one of the avenger 7 1/4" blades on my dewalt circular saw. The blade cost around 28$ a few years back...
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hammer:

I put one of the avenger 7 1/4" blades on my dewalt circular saw. The blade cost around 28$ a few years back...

I mostly cut stainless. I use a rubberized blade that reducesslag. Stink like the Dickens. No grinding or going too fast or it'll shatter. They cut great!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Lots of work to save a couple hundred bucks.

Many times for someone like myself, it's not about the cost but more about building it yourself. Yeah, I've built some things that didn't work out as intended but learned a lot along the way..... Besides that, it can be fun.

Rams
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, did ya see this one?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Yeah, I've built some things that didn't work out as intended but learned a lot along the way..... Besides that, it can be fun.

Rams

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-04-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock