Started on: 03-24-2018 03:29 PM
Replies: 8 (250 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-27-2018 01:57 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I needed to find a source for a WW2 German desk eagle statue. (It's a theater prop).

Google has nothing. I go to DuckDuckGo and 1st page I have all kinds of options.

Screw Google and their social engineering.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Google: Just be Evil

The SJW's and Indians are taking it over. I expect the real talent to begin leaving shortly, and it will become a joke and shadow of its former self. Look for 'former Google employees start rival search engine company' in the next year or so.

Once a search engine stops delivering relevant results, people will seek out alternatives. Look at what happened to Altavista and Ask Jeeves.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:
Look for 'former Google employees start rival search engine company' in the next year or so.

That would be fantastic! Fingers crossed.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 03-24-2018).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been utterly frustrated how sucky search has been. Can't find crap, especially if you are looking for knowledgeable information and research. I have been complaining for years that the Internet was much better years ago. But it is a garbage bin now.

But spot searching using duckduckgo, it appears to be much better than Google and Bing. Never heard of it till this thread. Going to start using them instead.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took time, but I had to learn what to take in. I am specific about what I do not want to learn. That narrows down the issues with a search engine designed by a liberal.

There is no way to escape it. Live your own life. Only you can decide just who and what persuades you.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Complaining about a "free" service, MEM? What does that remind you of?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2018 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Oh, Google aint free. You MORE than pay for the service with the data they mine. Its a barter system setup. They get data, we get searches....except their product has become shoddy and sub-par (and next to useless), so its time to barter that data elsewhere.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

It took time, but I had to learn what to take in. I am specific about what I do not want to learn. That narrows down the issues with a search engine designed by a liberal.

There is no way to escape it. Live your own life. Only you can decide just who and what persuades you.

Of the privacy angle, DuckDuckGo founder Gabriel Weinberg says: "I kind of backed into that." It wasn't a political decision, but a personal one. "It's hard to define my politics. I take every issue seriously and come to my own conclusion. I don't really feel like I belong to any political party in the US … I guess I'm more on the liberal side."

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Complaining about and drawing attention to censorship.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock