Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I found this to be an interesting 9 minutes...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I found this to be an interesting 9 minutes... by Tony Kania
Started on: 03-24-2018 11:53 AM
Replies: 3 (122 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 03-24-2018 01:51 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: There is a LOT of swearing! I forgot to disclaim this. My apologies.

Everybody's favorite "survivor". Find your own opinions. It is long for many, but not boring in any way. Remember often though that this is a high school child. As you watch, think about how this child is speaking to us. This is being allowed by children?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-24-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't like the use of foul language, and it is very pretty and in children of his age group.
It is interesting that the laws that he envisions being passed are very closely aligned with the stance the NRA has had for decades.

-mental health - increased spending, if you have mental health issues, no firearms. Hopefully the 10% sales tax on weapons purchases would be used for mental health, he doesn't stipulate.

- universal background checks - the NRA has been pushing for strengthening the background check system since the beginning, and more to the point, the NRA insisted on the background check system during passage of the Brady Bill (original bill called for 5-day waiting period) The issue that is being used against NRA is a case that was raised wherein the Feds said that the local sheriffs would take on that responsibility (Feds don't have that authority, they work for local government), NRA brought suit, that's why FBI runs NICS. Problem with Manchin/Toomey bill was over reach (swapping guns with your buddy at the range would have required background check as an example)

-21 age limit on firearms purchase - there is a split with NRA stance, raises questions about age of military service, voting and alcohol ....

The interview points out a few things to me.

- He is not well versed in current firearm laws and proposed legislation
- He is attacking an organization that is pretty much supporting what he wants
-He is being played by the 'sponsors' of this movement
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The irony is that the news media are seeing dollar signs when they trot these kids around.

Since when did we get our guidance from school kids, anyway? They should be looking to their elders for guidance, not the other way around.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The irony is that the news media are seeing dollar signs when they trot these kids around.

Since when did we get our guidance from school kids, anyway? They should be looking to their elders for guidance, not the other way around.

I think their elders have failed to address the problem for a long time.
Politicians and agendas have failed to put a stop to madmen committing atrocity.
Reminds me of the Vietnam protests.

Edit to add....

The dismantling of the family unit, religion under attack, loosened morality, a crippled mental health system, entertainment choices and social media are also in play.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-24-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock