Started on: 03-24-2018 07:56 AM
Replies: 16 (313 views)
Last post by: dratts on 03-29-2018 01:27 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
It seems that this bloatware was a gift to the chuck schmucker club. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GOP again is the majority, and again they gave the DEMs everything in exchange for....nothing.

I am plenty pissed about the bill, and angry at the repulsivcans, !

You are wrong in one aspect. The military got a bunch of money, much needed money. That is why the President signed it, he said.

The Dumbs would have never have let that happen without their pork money, and boy did they get some, .

Abother damn Bill that nobody (had time to) read.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I applaud DJT for signing it, even though it was loaded with crap. The military must be restored after the gutting by the last Administration.
He did the right thing.

Congress, on both sides of the aisle, set this up intentionally to limit the review time, specifically to make DJT look bad.

The residents of the swamp don't want it drained.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-24-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I applaud DJT for signing it, even though it was loaded with crap. The military must be restored after the gutting by the last Administration.
He did the right thing.

Congress, on both sides of the aisle, set this up intentionally to limit the review time, specifically to make DJT look bad.

The residents of the swamp don't want it drained.

I am torn, but with understanding that great achievements come sweat and tears.

I see this as political fighting representative of the air we breathe. We all shat out the same hole.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to wait and see. Right now I'm seriously pissed at everybody. Our keepers despise us. This has to change, one way or another.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pissed, but not at Trump.
He was left with no good choices, but he took the best one available IMHO.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No money for Border Wall
No budget cuts to punish Sanctuary Cities
No funding for additional ICE agents
No funding cuts from Planned Parenthood
No funding for alternatives to public schools (elementary schools, middle schools, high schools)
No budget cuts to the Pell grants or Head Start programs
No budget cuts to the EPA
Funding for "Schumer" tunnel project
New sanctions against Russia

You're either on the Omnibus, or off the Omnibus.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-24-2018).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

No money for Border Wall
No budget cuts to punish Sanctuary Cities
No funding for additional ICE agents
No funding cuts from Planned Parenthood
No funding for alternatives to public schools (elementary schools, middle schools, high schools)
No budget cuts to the Pell grants or Head Start programs
No budget cuts to the EPA
Funding for "Schumer" tunnel project
New sanctions against Russia

You and other missed more spying on Americans by Cops et al.
This is what happens when no-one reads and votes to approve anyway like Obamacare...
US Congress quietly slips cloud-spying powers into page 2,201 of spending mega-bill The ®
Responsibility Deflected, the CLOUD Act Passes EFF

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Every day they spend and spend (too much, Omnibus)
We get on the bus that never ends (too much, Omnibus)
I'm so nervous, I just sit and pout (too much, Omnibus)
The house just makes me wanna shout! (too much, Omnibus)

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat, you have a gift!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

You and other missed more spying on Americans by Cops et al.
This is what happens when no-one reads and votes to approve anyway like Obamacare...
US Congress quietly slips cloud-spying powers into page 2,201 of spending mega-bill The ®

Reads like a 10 year old that lies about their room being clean. Just who the heck can read 2,221 pages in 16 hours?!

We are being eaten by those we elect.

*Great! Now I am being watched by the black helicopters. Gotta go...
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

We all shat out the same hole.

Unless you are one of those who had a colostomy.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Unless you are one of those who had a colostomy.

As far as analogies go, those with a colostomy bag, while worthy and should be heard, are the minority.

I was alluding more towards the fact that we are all neighbors. We should act accordingly.

I like the devil analogy. *light bulb*
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
I was amazed no one previously posted on this topic, and almost thought that this thread wouldn't get any replies, but there they are.

Ray O put me on restriction. I am only allowed to monitor T/OT 23 hours a day, .
I replied pretty quick. I am amazed I didn't start this thread.

I am upset.

Originally posted by williegoat:
Our keepers despise us. This has to change, one way or another.

I am preferring another. It's going to get to that either way. I hope it is sooner than later. I want to be involved !

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
*Great! Now I am being watched by the black helicopters. Gotta go...

Diversionary tactic Tony. Oh sure, they are looking at you. For sure. Might be a drone, a black drone.

Bunker in place.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

This sounds like what the real story is here, and the reason it wasn't put through proper process. From your second link:

"Because of this failure, U.S. and foreign police will have new mechanisms to seize data across the globe. Because of this failure, your private emails, your online chats, your Facebook, Google, Flickr photos, your Snapchat videos, your private lives online, your moments shared digitally between only those you trust, will be open to foreign law enforcement without a warrant and with few restrictions on using and sharing your information. Because of this failure, U.S. laws will be bypassed on U.S. soil.

As we wrote before, the CLOUD Act is a far-reaching, privacy-upending piece of legislation that will:
•Enable foreign police to collect and wiretap people's communications from U.S. companies, without obtaining a U.S. warrant.
•Allow foreign nations to demand personal data stored in the United States, without prior review by a judge.
•Allow the U.S. president to enter "executive agreements" that empower police in foreign nations that have weaker privacy laws than the United States to seize data in the United States while ignoring U.S. privacy laws.
•Allow foreign police to collect someone's data without notifying them about it.
•Empower U.S. police to grab any data, regardless if it's a U.S. person's or not, no matter where it is stored.

And, as we wrote before, this is how the CLOUD Act could work in practice:

London investigators want the private Slack messages of a Londoner they suspect of bank fraud. The London police could go directly to Slack, a U.S. company, to request and collect those messages. The London police would not necessarily need prior judicial review for this request. The London police would not be required to notify U.S. law enforcement about this request. The London police would not need a probable cause warrant for this collection.

Predictably, in this request, the London police might also collect Slack messages written by U.S. persons communicating with the Londoner suspected of bank fraud. Those messages could be read, stored, and potentially shared, all without the U.S. person knowing about it. Those messages, if shared with U.S. law enforcement, could be used to criminally charge the U.S. person in a U.S. court, even though a warrant was never issued.

This bill has large privacy implications both in the U.S. and abroad. It was never given the attention it deserved in Congress."

-

OUCH
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds eerily like the spy system that Snowden leaked!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock