Started on: 03-23-2018 07:26 PM
Replies: 23 (364 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 03-26-2018 09:14 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This school is supplying rocks for students to throw at any shooters: 'They will be stoned'

Click to show

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-23-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, DUDE !!

Yer slippin in your old age, man !

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122308.html
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to mention this - didn’t last long.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122092.html

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

Not to mention this - didn’t last long.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122092.html

Yeah, I did not read the entire page before posting.

Choices. I make my own.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is something to be achieved by reducing the likelihood of members setting up a new Topic that duplicates one or more Topics that were already started, then I have a small (really small) suggestion:

What if members worked a little harder (in general) when they are setting up their Subject field for their next new Topic?

There are only so many text characters to work with, so it can be kind of a challenge or "art form". But the trick is to come up with something that is provocative--that invites other members (or non-member lurkers) to click and look at it--and at the same time, gives some real clue(s) as to exactly what the new Topic is going to be.

Work with all the text characters that are availalble in the Subject field.

I usually like to set up the "hook" or the provocative part first, and then use the remaining text characters to provide some clue(s) as to exactly what the new Topic is going to be.

Just a thought.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-24-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Just a thought.

Listen, I have 5 digit posting numbers. I have made a handful of repeat postings. Nothing here warrants your suggestion. Move the **** on.

Edit: I gave you a neg about a week ago. I forgot to mention that. As always Ronald, that rating can fluctuate. Or flatulence?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-24-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If there is something to be achieved by reducing the likelihood of members setting up a new Topic that duplicates one or more Topics that were already started, then I have a small (really small) suggestion:
There are only so many text characters to work with, so it can be kind of a challenge or "art form". But the trick is to come up with something that is provocative--that invites other members (or non-member lurkers) to click and look at it--and at the same time, gives some real clue(s) as to exactly what the new Topic is going to be.

I usually like to set up the "hook" or the provocative part first, and then use the remaining text characters to provide some clue(s) as to exactly what the new Topic is going to be.

Just a thought.

Next up: ulanstan's advise on grammar and syntax.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Listen, I have 5 digit posting numbers. I have made a handful of repeat postings. Nothing here warrants your suggestion. Move the **** on.

Edit: I gave you a neg about a week ago. I forgot to mention that. As always Ronald, that rating can fluctuate. Or flatulence?

It was more directly a criticism of MidEngineManiac in this case. He was the first one to create the "school has throwing stones" topic.

I try not to be too blunt, or too quick to react to things here, but you really have some Anger Management problems, my friend. They come out on this forum like giant red lights or red flags.

I hope for your sake that it's just an online messages board thing with you, and not characteristic of any part of your "real" life.

I really do.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I try not to be too blunt, or too quick to react to things here, but you really have some Anger Management problems, my friend. They come out on this forum like giant red lights or red flags.

I hope for your sake that it's just an online messages board thing with you, and not characteristic of any part of your "real" life.

I really do.

Interesting take on my life. An opinion in which those around me do not value, but interesting none the less.

I cannot be offended by your diagnosis. I just can't.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad that you are not offended. I didn't want to offend.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard a lot of trashing on the radio about the guys idea.
While the headline is inflammatory, and misleading, the school has taken other precautions to protect the kids.
At least the kids don't have to defend themselves with pencils in a worst case scenario.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a thought.

Indeed, a profound thought comes to mind. Your tactic, I have seen before. In fact, you just defined the term prict teaser, .

Originally posted by williegoat:
Next up: ulanstan's advise on grammar and syntax.

I miss that guy.

... you really have some Anger Management problems, my friend. They come out on this forum like giant red lights or red flags.

Are you color blind ? Or just blind ? Tony needing anger management ? I guess I need commitment to the loony bin.

Oh, nice use of the capital text. Don't forget you can text bold, and color text, even bold.

Originally posted by olejoedad:
While the headline is inflammatory, and misleading, the school has taken other precautions to protect the kids.
At least the kids don't have to defend themselves with pencils in a worst case scenario.

What happens when they run out of rocks ? How many rocks in an assault bucket ? What if there are four shooters.
I want my gun.

I do know the school (district) has taken other precautionary measures. Don't bring a rock to a gun fight. Bring a bazooka.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I do (at least theoretically) see 'some' merit in the 'rock suggestion', but only in light of the 'any weapon is better than no weapon" theory. Defending yourself with anything readily available is preferable over cowering behind a desk begging for your life.

2 minutes:

https://youtu.be/XouBDP_WGDc?t=1706

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-25-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ, my point exactly.....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2018 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still say that school grounds should be public grounds. Open to a community. We should not lock our kids up "for safety". I do understand the issues, but long for a time when a child could walk to school at 6 years old without fear. When parents knew the teachers. They were all neighbors, and neighbors looked out for one another. A child was looked after.

I do not like this new theme of using children to rile up the lemmings.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand, the violence in our society from the 'few bad apples' is spoiling it for the rest of us.
When sorting fruit, you remove the spoiled fruit from the rest of the basket
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these rock-throwers semi-automatic, full-auto, or single shot (bolt)?

I think a full-auto is the best way to go and this comes from someone who was as a youth in many a apple battle.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19448 posts
Member since Mar 2009
In grade school, we were taught to hide under our desks in case the Russians dropped the big one on us. Even at seven years old, we knew that was silly. These kids must feel the same way.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may prove very practical in the moment, as mentioned, "Better than nothing". But, as a deterrent it ranks pretty low.

Cant imagine someone, "Nope, not that school, they got rocks!"
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the US Army thought it an effective weapon, it should work for the kids.

While stationed in Turkey a Marine gate guard sounded the alarm that someone scaled our operations building fence. Each rifle was assigned to 3 soldiers but weren't allowed out of the Quartermasters building per Turkish restrictions.

Everyone on duty was pulled out to walk the perimeter with hands full of rocks.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2018 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, it worked for David....
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock