Started on: 03-21-2018 10:29 PM
Replies: 6 (145 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 03-22-2018 08:42 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in need of bluetooth for my 2006 Avalon. There is no AUX port, and no bluetooth. There are so many systems. I am willing to install one properly. Just would like one that works without the FM BS. Need it to pair as soon as I press the start button on the car. Would like it to run Pandora along with necessary conversation.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had full on Android radio in my truck. It was pretty awesome. Cheap too. Ownice C500 I think. Gearbest. Are you opposed to swapping in a factory radio with aux in then adding a dongel? I prefer the factory look.

Alternatively virtually every radio offers Bluetooth and will pair when petered on.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTA has a kit for around $75 that you basically pull the Toyota radio and plug in the adapter. It is a fairly simple job, but curious if there is other ways without using that damned FM thing I have been using. The FM thingie does have two USB ports though!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

GTA has a kit for around $75 that you basically pull the Toyota radio and plug in the adapter. It is a fairly simple job, but curious if there is other ways without using that damned FM thing I have been using. The FM thingie does have two USB ports though!

Bluetooth isn't your problem it's the FM modulation. I've used them. They suck. Even the ones you run in line with your antennae. You can buy a cheap one with kit grom Crutchfield all in probably $100. The model I put in all my work trucks looks discontinued, but other brands look the exact same and are even cheaper now. It's a 30 minute swap. Worst part about it is the shitty mount kits. I've never been happy with a mount kit. A factory radio swap with AUX would keep factory look. That's a more expensive route though. Factory radios are surprisingly not cheap, but weirdly have a **** tone reselling. It's like when you need a double jetski trailer. Can't sell them for a damn thing, but when you need one you can buy it with a **** jetski on it for cheaper than the trailer cost.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the one I installed in all my work trucks.This was back in 2011. The lowest end model now is about the same and 25% of the cost. I paid $230 each.

https://www.crutchfield.com...n-CX501.html?tp=5684

I bought a JVC version that was virtually the same in 2015. It was $180.

I bought another JVC version that year for $100.

Functionally identical, slight cosmetic changes.

Crutchfield may not be the cheapest, but they are solid to deal with. They typically come with wiring kits and mount brackets. I have also bought from SonicElectronix.

I've got a ridiculous RF sub, Nakamichi Amp setup I can't find anything to install it in. I originally had it planned for my Super Duty, but it got to be more of a project with the Android radio than I wanted. Had to move my rear seats. Wired all new speakers. 2 amps. Backup camera. 4G antennae. OBDII, MIC, front camera. I just lost interest in the project and kept the expensive parts that won't become dated.

Gearbest if you want to go all out and get an Android setup. It doesn't have to have all the other bells and whistles, but I was spending thousands of miles in the truck at that point.
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your Avalon is like my wife's 2009 Avalon you can't get the android radio like mentioned earlier. The Climate control and anything else for the car is controlled through the radio interface.

I think I was thinking of my Toyota, it's all through the "radio", so I can't upgrade it unless I get control modules I think.

If it's not though, and the radio is a separate entity, I'd suggest the Android based radio as well. I'm thinking that for next Christmas I may get the wife an aftermarket android with backup camera and GPS installed for Christmas... If I can find a decent one.

Brad

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 03-22-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up one on Amazon for $75 that plugs into the "Satellite" port on the back of the radio.

There is a cassette deck just below the radio hidden by it's own cover. I am taking that out and putting in the usb and aux box mounted on a plastic face.

We are keeping the car for only a short time. Bought a Limited with super low miles. It is AWESOME to own though. It is extremely well equipped. The back seat is nearly limo like. Dead silent down the road. It is just a walrus on anything but straight highways. Stupid power for the chassis.

Thanks for the reply's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock