Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Putin phone call and White House leaks are a 'hot mess' while the snow falls in D.C.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Putin phone call and White House leaks are a 'hot mess' while the snow falls in D.C. by rinselberg
Started on: 03-21-2018 12:25 PM
Replies: 22 (361 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-07-2018 05:18 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More favorable poll numbers for the GOP's tax cuts, the persistence of robust economic metrics and the prospect of a continuing "conservative-ization" of the federal bench (judges)--all that, and at the same time, "this."

Is the current National Security Advisor, General H.R. McMaster, about to experience the extreme Relativistic Mass Increase and Time Dilation that accompanies acceleration to almost the speed of light, as he enters the intergalactic void of former Trump administration staffers?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-21-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The naming of President Trump's third National Security Advisor already has one thing going for it: a catchy tagline or Op-Ed column title.

"John Bolton's mustache is more qualified to be national security adviser than he is"
David Rothkopf for CNN; March 23, 2018.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03...-rothkopf/index.html

Having reviewed the available options and the nation's national security needs, if Bolton's famed mustache must go, I would strongly support it for the job over him.

You're so welcome.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-23-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2018 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click to show
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At a political rally on March 10, President Trump rather famously referred to Chuck Todd as a (this is almost verbatim) Sleepy-Eyed Son Of a B*tch.

Chuck Todd anchors NBC News "Meet The Press" on Sunday, and MSNBC "Meet The Press Daily", Monday through Friday.

Today, Chuck Todd had an on-air conversation with Garry Kasparov, who is described on the Garry Kasparov website as a "Russian pro-democracy leader, global human-rights activist, business speaker and author, and former world chess champion."

Born in Baku, Azerbaijan, in the Soviet Union, in 1963, Garry Kasparov became the under-18 chess champion of the Soviet Union or USSR at the age of 12 and the world under-20 champion at 17. He came to international fame at the age of 22 as the youngest world chess champion in history in 1985. He defended his title five times, including a legendary series of matches against arch-rival Anatoly Karpov. Kasparov broke Bobby Fischer’s rating record in 1990 and his own peak rating record remained unbroken until 2013. His famous matches against the IBM super-computer Deep Blue in 1996-97 were key to bringing artificial intelligence, and chess, into the mainstream.

Kasparov was one of the first prominent Soviets to call for democratic and market reforms and was an early supporter of Boris Yeltsin’s push to break up the Soviet Union. In 1990, he and his family escaped ethnic violence in his native Baku as the USSR collapsed. In 2005, Kasparov, in his 20th year as the world’s top-rated player, retired from professional chess to join the vanguard of the Russian pro-democracy movement. In 2012, Kasparov was named chairman of the New York-based Human Rights Foundation or HRF, succeeding Vaclav Havel. HRF promotes individual liberty worldwide and organizes the Oslo Freedom Forum. Facing imminent arrest during Putin’s crackdown, Kasparov moved from Moscow to New York City in 2013.

Should President Trump be more directly confrontational in his public remarks about Vladimir Putin, and in his one-on-one conversations at meetings or on the telephone with Vladimir Putin?

So says Garry Kasparov, and the well known Russian emigre, who calls New York City "home", explains his reasoning.

Online video presentation from MSNBC; between 6 and 7 minutes of video content.
http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-da...h-talk-1202703427651

You might have to endure a 30-second product promotion before the video content begins.

Unless, of course, you decide to Opt Out.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-04-2018).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Garry Kasparov

Now an old chess player is the new subject of your erotic fantasies?

Won't young Brian be jealous?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have an "open" relationship.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-04-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13811 posts
Member since Mar 2006

We have an "open" relationship.

NO.

You have a mental illness that partly manifests itself as fantasy relationships.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time compresses when you are waiting for a deadline.

You still have a few days left of your week long hiatus.

Are you going to assign yourself penalty days as repentance for not living up to your goal?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

NO.

You have a mental illness that partly manifests itself as fantasy relationships.

Someone drawing very large and precise sounding conclusions from a limited and incomplete assemblage of the information.

What's it to randye? Is there anything in the Posting Rules about any kind of sanity test, or mental health evaluation before someone can be here? What would be the appropriate threshold for the Pennock's mental health requirement? Would it be "sane enough to control nuclear weapons?" Or just "sane enough to live independently?" What about "sane enough to participate in moderately cordial online discussions of a free-ranging or unrestricted topicality?"

That last threshold--moderately cordial online discussions--to say that randye could use some work in that area would be an understatement of epic proportions. Screen name randye deserves a consistent grade "F" on that score. To say that randye needs some work in that area would be like calling what happened to Hiroshima in 1945 an "atmospheric disturbance."

This concern of randye's, about my mental well being (or lack thereof) is as phony on randye's part as a Three Dollar Bill. It's a convenience for him. A way for him to "weaponize" his forum messages, and help him achieve the unparalleled ugliness and Vile-Style personal defamation that has been his Off Topic Forum "Stock and Trade." It's his alternative to clicking on an icon or entering a character string to delete my Pennock's membership--something which he is (alas, from his perspective) unable to do. He wants me to simply "go away."

Here's a question for randye--and for anyone else who could offer an opinion about it.

How do you explain this message from randye? It's the third message or the second Reply, on page one, of that Zodiacal Light topic.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/122285.html#p2

Was that randye having messaged on Pennock's in a somewhat hurried fashion, without giving himself enough time to parse or "get his hands around" that report that I posted at the beginning of that topic, from AccuWeather dot com? Did randye think that the writer of that report was indulging in some way in the pseudo science of astrology?

Or, does randye just think that it was inappropriate for that writer--the person who has the credit at the top of the AccuWeather report--to have used the phrases "False Dawn" and "Zodiacal Light", even though it was very apparent to randye that the writer was giving these as old names that came down from earlier and less scientifically informed generations of astronomers and stargazers? Old names that became attached to this phenomenon and stuck, some centuries or even many centuries before present. Old names for this phenomenon that have persisted to the present day. Old names for a previously mysterious phenomenon that is now understood as light in a region of the night sky that is actually light from the Sun, reflecting from sparsely distributed dust particles that are orbiting the Sun in the same geometric plane as the Earth and the other planets?

It's part of my Thread Failure Analysis. A postmortem analysis of a thread that grew to a kind of magnificent (albeit ugly) stature, from a rather humble and unprepossessing Original Post.

IMWTK.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-04-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't need to be reminded that I am not the Poster Boy for perfect mental and emotional well being.

...just sane enough to live independently...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-04-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a question for randye--and for anyone else who could offer an opinion about it.

How do you explain this message from randye? It's the third message or the second Reply, on page one, of that Zodiacal Light topic.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/122285.html#p2

Was that randye having messaged on Pennock's in a somewhat hurried fashion, without giving himself enough time to parse or "get his hands around" that report that I posted at the beginning of that topic, from AccuWeather(.com)..? Did randye think that the writer of that report was indulging in some way in the pseudo science of astrology?

Or, does randye just think that it was inappropriate for that writer--the person who has the credit at the top of the AccuWeather report--to have used the phrases "False Dawn" and "Zodiacal Light", even though it was very apparent that the writer was giving these as old names that came down from earlier and less scientifically informed generations of astronomers and stargazers? Old names that became attached to this phenomenon and stuck, some centuries or even many centuries before present. Old names for this phenomenon that have persisted to the present day. Old names for a once mysterious phenomenon that is now understood as light in a region of the night sky that is light from the Sun, reflecting from sparsely distributed dust particles that are orbiting the Sun in the same geometric plane as the Earth and the other planets?

I am prepared to wait for an answer until Hell freezes over.

I am looking for some insight. Why did that Topic morph into such an astonishingly crude and uncivilized shouting match or crap-slinging contest between myself (rinselberg) and screen name randye?

I responded to his message with my message, the 14th message or 13th Reply in the Zodiacal Light discussion--still on page one of that discussion. My message began with

"Zodiacal" is just a way of connecting a modern concept with an ancient concept.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/122285.html#p13

Was there any way that I could have made that message more polite? Is there any reason that it needed to have been more polite? Should I have started that message with "Esteemed Above All, His Royal Highness randye has spoken, but I, a mere mortal, have a small--no, miniscule correction to offer..."..?

On page two of that discussion, in the 52nd message or 51st reply, I made an "ask" of screen name randye. A very short message. It began with "I expect I will almost certainly regret this..."
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/122285-2.html#p51

Look at the immediate and disgustingly narcissistic Reply to that, from randye.

What I see in that Zodiacal Light discussion is a pattern of ugly and insanely supercilious verbal hostility directed at me from randye, and only defensive statements and countering messages from myself.

What do other Pennock's members see in that discussion?

There is also space below for Reply messages that are related to the topicality of this "Putin phone call" discussion, before randye arrived here with more of his ceaseless and f*ckheaded misbehavior. On a scale of zero to 10, his "forum decorum" checks in at about negative one thousand, in my book. Do "you" have a "book"..?

This "Putin phone call" discussion... the Zodiacal Light discussion... the Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... discussion. It's all the same. It's all one discussion. A Discussion In Three Threads, For Ass and Orchestra.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-05-2018).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chuck Todd anchors NBC News "Meet The Press" on Sunday, and MSNBC "Meet The Press Daily", Monday through Friday.

Ok. So don't make this difficult for me. Are you trying to say Chuck Todd anchors NBC News "Meet The Press" ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes.

History has just been made!

Someone got a single word answer from rinse!

🎆🎇🎺📣

See how easy that was rinse?

You can do this, again, and again!

Think of the bandwidth that you just freed up on the web!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-05-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've kind of "chilled out' on politics. That's what I think.

It's both my "mission" and also my pleasure to conduct myself here in any Batsh*t Crazy manner that takes my fancy.

...just sane enough to live independently....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-05-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my "blind" Reply messages. Not looking at anything that's been posted after my previous message.

Be a while before I check back in again. A small hiatus in the intellectual property pipeline that is Pennock's Off Topic. Not stressed by any of the discussions, just preferring to focus elsewhere and catch up on some other things that are going on.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2018 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone else hear of the tariff China placed on pork?! 25%! What will we do?

Oh, what is that? China owns the largest pork producing plant in the U.S.? So, what we are seeing here is China tariffed the shat out of itself? Oopsie! Wah wah.

Carry on.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Be a while before I check back in again.

Again?

How long this time? 5 hours? 30 minutes?
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Did anyone else hear of the tariff China placed on pork?!

Not exactly. I did hear about the tit for tat.

China needs us more than we need them.

Sure, we are going to ask some companies to suck it up for a little while. No pain, no gain.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking very copacetic here, gents.

Not a lot of new messages in this thread, since the last time that I checked in, but so far, I like what I see.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-07-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've kind of "chilled out' on politics. That's what I think.

I'm crazier than a sh*t house rat.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-07-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock