Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Anybody know about generating revenue from e-books ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anybody know about generating revenue from e-books ? by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 03-21-2018 09:33 AM
Replies: 3 (90 views)
Last post by: Doug85GT on 03-23-2018 09:01 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have picked up a new contract last night, in an area I know absolout-el-ee nothing about ! <yeh, I'm a bright one >

One of my contacts has written a book and wants to publishish it as a free e-book, (all the usual platforms, I already know of software that will do that part)

Here is the tricky part...he want to make it free and generate the revenue via advertising the same way free game apps do.

As far as I know, e-books are designed to be read offline and hence wont generate anything since no ads are presented.

Anybody know of a way to make it online-only so the adds rotate and the guy (and me) get paid ?

The idea is "free" is going to get a LOT more circulation than charging 4 bucks or something for it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is truly something good than I believe a publisher would be best.

But, anyone can publish a book. Amazon comes to mind, but from what your are describing I am not sure.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2018 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually gonna cheat on this one.

I found a local app developer who can do it for me, so am farming the job out to him.

It'll seriously cut into my cut, OTOH I am making a decent buck just for e-mailing a file. Most profitable 60 seconds of my life !!!
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock