Started on: 03-20-2018 07:31 PM
Replies: 20 (352 views)
Last post by: InTheLead on 03-23-2018 02:03 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.foxnews.com/auto...s-343-mph-crash.html

Women’s motorcycle land speed world record holder Valerie Thompson survived a horror crash in Australia on Monday when her streamlined bike crashed at 343 mph.

Thompson was going for the overall two-wheel record of 376 mph during the World Speed Trials on Lake Gairdner when something went wrong during her run and the bike fell onto its side, digging a deep trench into the salt flats and spreading wreckage over a mile.

https://www.facebook.com/Dr...DQ_KB4IkgQmft1JPF8BQ

What a woman!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to see video of her getting into that thing.................... There might be just enough room in there for her to take a deep breath.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-20-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Would love to see video of her getting into that thing.................... There might be just enough room in there for her to take a deep breath.

Rams

@ 1:26:

from the cat bird's seat:

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-20-2018).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm bothered women want equality, but there is a women's speed contest. Women should have the clear advantage with weight.

Glad she's okay.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're bothered people want equality?

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You're bothered people want equality?

Don't be obtuse.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please explain my obtuseness.
Perhaps you could clarify your statement.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18050 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I'm bothered women want equality, but there is a women's speed contest. Women should have the clear advantage with weight.

Glad she's okay.

Here is your statement. Your words.
I also ask, what does gender have to due with a weight advantage?

I'm also happy she is OK.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is your statement. Your words.
I also ask, what does gender have to due with a weight advantage?

I'm also happy she is OK.

Women want equality, but have woman held records instead of just a record and you damn well knew what I meant..or maybe you're just a bit slow.
Women on average weigh less than men giving them a clear advantage since this does not take into consideration anything but weight and drag.

It is the same as a higher handicap in bowling or pool. Physical strength is in no way a determining factor. Height could be said of pool by potentially reaching more shots and strength due to the ball having more force, but the fact remains, there is still men's and women's and they are handicapped differently.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thank you for the reply, but do not appreciate the personal attacks as to my mental acumen.
I did not understand your statement and was asking for clarification.

I don't see weight as an advantage in a racing class where the maximum and minimum weights are specified in the rules.

I agree as to your comments regarding bowling and billiards, athough I personally know some phenomenal female pool players. The pool league I play in starts men and women at different handicaps, but once the skill level has been determined due to multiple matches, the handicaps based on gender disappear.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valerie Thompson has the record for the world's fastest Panhead and was the fastest bike at Bonnie in 2016. She is closing in on the worlds fastest two wheeler and crashed just 33mph short of that record. These are not women's records, just records.

PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thank you for the reply, but do not appreciate the personal attacks as to my mental acumen.
I did not understand your statement and was asking for clarification.

I don't see weight as an advantage in a racing class where the maximum and minimum weights are specified in the rules.

I agree as to your comments regarding bowling and billiards, athough I personally know some phenomenal female pool players. The pool league I play in starts men and women at different handicaps, but once the skill level has been determined due to multiple matches, the handicaps based on gender disappear.

Well the words are out there now, so you'll probably just have to move past it.
Pool leagues are like that everywhere I believe . As far as I know BCA all women start at a 3 and men at a 4. I don't personally know any women better at pool than myself, but I don't play pool in leagues and even then, I'm a 5 at best.

Are you telling me there is a minimum weight a participant can be in a land speed record or whatever this contest was? I'd like to see this rule if you could supply it. I'm not familiar with that sport, but I was under the assumption to move 150lbs to 343MPH take roughly 1.5 more power than 100lbs would.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She is the Racer's racer. Phenomenal talent.

http://www.valeriethompsonracing.com/about
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18050 posts
Member since May 2004

Well the words are out there now, so you'll probably just have to move past it.
Pool leagues are like that everywhere I believe . As far as I know BCA all women start at a 3 and men at a 4. I don't personally know any women better at pool than myself, but I don't play pool in leagues and even then, I'm a 5 at best.

Are you telling me there is a minimum weight a participant can be in a land speed record or whatever this contest was? I'd like to see this rule if you could supply it. I'm not familiar with that sport, but I was under the assumption to move 150lbs to 343MPH take roughly 1.5 more power than 100lbs would.

The weight specs in most forms of vehicular racing put limits on the total weight of the vehicle, fuel and driver.

I'd like to see you play against Jeanette Lee.

Thanks for the apology....

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The weight specs in most forms of vehicular racing put limits on the total weight of the vehicle, fuel and driver.

I'd like to see you play against Jeanette Lee.

Thanks for the apology....

Still slow I see.
If the craft + driver can only weigh XXXlbs then the average woman has a clear advantage over the average man. The difference in driver weight translates to more options for the vehicle.
As far as the black widow, I've seen her in exhibition. She has poor pool edicate. You are also attempting to twist my words when I clearly said I'm a rank 5 at my best. I don't have huge circle of female pool playing friends, that wasn't me boasting. It was me saying I own a pool table and all the women in my life don't and I can beat them easily.

At this point though, I have to assume you're intentionally acting as though you can't follow my post.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 03-21-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoyed the conversation, but I've enjoyed as much as I care to.

Have a nice day, friend.

Edit to add....

Good thread williegoat. Sorry for the derailment. I hope it gets back on track. She is a phenomenal talent.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-21-2018).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I se that it has a dohc V engine. Anyone know just what it is? V4,6,8?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I se that it has a dohc V engine. Anyone know just what it is? V4,6,8?

It is a custom built 3 liter turbo V-4.

At those speeds, weight means very little. Once it is up and rolling, most of the horsepower is spent overcoming wind resistance. A machine with a low drag coefficient is king (or queen, as the case may be). That's why funny cars are faster than rails at the far end of the track.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-21-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2018 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, watching that 2nd vid, it even looks fast, you know when it looks fast its stinkin fast.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-21-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video of the crash:

Damn! That thing really can fly! She skated on the salt for a mile before coming to a stop.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2018 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad she's okay.

She looks on the heavy side, no worries.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock