Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... by williegoat
Started on: 02-28-2018 09:19 PM
Replies: 237 (3991 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-03-2018 07:40 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

It occurs to me that maybe we could request a separate forum called "entertainment" for non-political goofiness. Absolutely NO politics allowed and No, none, nada, bupkis, name calling.

Truth is, I think a lot of us would gravitate towards a section that promotes Willie's musical musings, Don's beaver hunts, wild weather pictures, bad jokes, questions about work boots and any other subject that doesn't slide into the LEFT / RIGHT BS.

I know, some will say we can do that in here but really, probably 80-90% of the threads in here end up in some kind of online fight and I'm pretty damn sick of the few a**holes that take over most of the conversations.

Maybe the only way forward is to secede because Rinse is correct, this place is devolving into an echo chamber, just like the coastal enclaves in the real world. Ironic, no?

Maybe that's too much to ask of Cliff, I don't know.

I guess there's several routes we could take. I enjoy seeing other folks responses to different things but there's always that "someone" who insists on taking the road less traveled that everyone knows is full of pot holes, bumps, dangers and narrow with few caution signs.

I've suggested an "Ignore" button that can be applied to certain individuals that someone finds offensive or less than desirable in the past. It works very well on another forum I frequent. The ratings bar idea is a good one but, doesn't always work once you've rated that particular party or, I may not feel this person really deserves a negative rating but, I'm simply don't think he's a positive force in Pennock's World. Since we don't have that "Ignore" feature, I try to just pass on by certain posts. Not much else I can do if I want to be part of this forum. In all probability, there are some folks who think my own postings are less than worth while. It is, what it is.

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2018 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can regulate all you want. Ronald Inselberg is ONLY here to hurt others.

"Oh, Randye is picking on Ronald!"

Randye is an intelligent man. He is not obtuse to what Ronald is doing here, on this forum. A simple search will turn up EXACTLY what Randye is posting about Ronald polluting other forums. The man literally enters to buck the system. He is not here to be any friend to any of us.

I used the analogy of a card game a while back. One where a new player enters, does not know how to play, and basically shats on the other 7 people. The seven folks were having a pretty good time up until the kid that plays "go fish" sat down.

Several of us have been affected by Ronald's shat sending incident. I for one am not happy about it. Having a bomb squad in your home is not fun. Especially when a young child lives in the home. Think about how any of you would have handled that situation. Ponder your feelings and thoughts about O/T after such an incident? A f ucking internet forum, and feelings are hurt so much as to cause the Spokane County Sheriff's Bomb Unit to park itself in your drive. All GREAT Deputies, but inconvenient none the less.

While we are at it... Your favorite leftist, threedog has been busy with the Denver antifa. Just saying.

@ Ronald... You should have just knocked on my door. My turn...

Edit: Hi Ray! You are thought of often. Every time I bite my tongue while swearing. Our best...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-03-2018).]

RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if the "shat sending" thing has been proven so if it has and I missed it, my apologies.

That said, I disagree based on what what I've observed of Rinse over the past 4 years.

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with 90-95% of everything he posts but he is actually a lot less inflammatory than some of our other members.

FWIW, say what you will about the intelligence of certain Conservatives here, he's the ONLY member that ever took any advice from me. His writing style has definitely improved from all the Sister Mary chiding I subjected him to.( crap dangling participle, oh well. )

Meanwhile Cliff, Tony, Randye, Dennis and a few others are still taking the low road with the name calling and denigrating comments even after my suggestions to go high and beat the Left on the battlefield of ideas, not the gutter of ideology.

What we're exposed to instead are contributors with virtual fingers in their ears singing na, na, na, na....................can't hear you.

Who said it best?

Oh yeah, DJT.

Sad.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I left, and still have no interest here in O/T.

Judge all you will then Ray. "Those that live in glass houses..."

If swearing and name calling offend you, then perhaps you have not left the left? Don't be a vagina Ray.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It occurs to me that maybe we could request a separate forum called "entertainment" for non-political goofiness. Absolutely NO politics allowed and No, none, nada, bupkis, name calling.

Truth is, I think a lot of us would gravitate towards a section that promotes Willie's musical musings, Don's beaver hunts, wild weather pictures, bad jokes, questions about work boots and any other subject that doesn't slide into the LEFT / RIGHT BS.

I know, some will say we can do that in here but really, probably 80-90% of the threads in here end up in some kind of online fight and I'm pretty damn sick of the few a**holes that take over most of the conversations.

Maybe the only way forward is to secede because Rinse is correct, this place is devolving into an echo chamber, just like the coastal enclaves in the real world. Ironic, no?

I concur, with all that as it theoretically already exists if everyone would mark their threads correctly with 'fun stuff' and those replying would avoid polluting Fun Stuff threads with P&R comments, tho I do believe some truly believe that P&R comments constitute 'fun stuff'.
It is difficult to keep P&R out 100% but when someone down the thread (poster zero) makes a snide politically energetic remark, others join in & immediately, the apocalypse has begun.

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I left, and still have no interest here in O/T.

Judge all you will then Ray. "Those that live in glass houses..."

If swearing and name calling offend you, then perhaps you have not left the left? Don't be a vagina Ray.

Right, pointing out poor forum behavior make me a pus*y??????????????? Jeeze talk about lack of self-awareness.

Sorry, but check the record.

The only name I've ever use is a**hole and that rarely. Now you can quibble whether or not it's a pejorative but not if you take it in the context that I used it which is to describe poor forum behavior.

What I'm saying is that names such as Libtard, Repuglican, Conservacrack and Democrap are 100% pejorative, meant only to get a rise out of someone who opposes your ideology.

A**hole, OTOH, is a richly descriptive term used to describe ANYONE with lousy forum manners, Left, Right or Middle.

Know what's really interesting?

Here you guys are once again DEFENDING name calling in a thread about how we need to quit name calling.

Y'all should stop now, the hole deepens.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 03-03-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the very rare occasion I'll take a peek back in O/T, basically to see if Don is still keeping his beavers at bay and trees in retreat.

And then I see a thread like this... and am reminded yet again of all the reasons why I left O/T behind.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2018 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riiiiight, I am the one sending police officers to your home Ray. What I am saying is, I am not your problem.

Off to my own REAL life...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Didn't take long for the little arrow thingy to trend down. Gotta love O/T.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I am going to use Cliff Pennock's name as a kind of incantation.

I will even use the Report This Post button to flag this message for Mr Pennock.

I think the Off Topic forum would benefit greatly from having an Active Moderator.

If not Mr Pennock himself, I wonder if he is acquainted with anyone or any persons that might want to take on that role. Maybe someone that Cliff is already working with. A quid pro quo. In exchange for some commensurate favor from Cliff.

Or how about this? A student or students in the Netherlands that would be agreeable to undertaking the Active Moderator role, as a way to practice their English language skills. I'm thinking, maybe they are in their senior year of high school, or in a vocational or trade school. They already have proficiency in English, but they would like to become even more proficient, and more acquainted with English language and euphemisms, and the techniques that English-speaking online forum participants use to argue against and insult each other.

It wouldn't have to be a full-time role, or anything like that. It would be an improvement even if they just had the role for like a month, or a summer in between their academic requirements. They could even look at some of the older messages and discussions here and adjudicate those issues--the crap-slinging contests and highly personal insults--and provide feedback to our members who were involved in it. They should be ready to respond to any "clicks" on that Report This Post button that is with every message here, and they should be ready to communicate with us about their Moderators role via PMs, or by entering into our discussion threads.

Pie in the sky, I guess. But I thought it was worth a "shot."

I just see another lefty wanting to limit speech that he disagrees with.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What disappoints me is the petty, pointless bickering and all the posts by someone who thinks he has to prove, over and over, how smart he is. All this does is suppress the free exchange of ideas. It drives people away.

If someone says that he is enjoying the sunset, you don't need to point out that it is really not the sun, but the rotation of the earth. He doesn't want to hear that the pretty colors are really caused by the dirt in the sky. I'm sure he knows all this, but really does manage to enjoy the sunset, anyway. Try it for yourself.

It is my opinion that these things are the cause of the slowdown around here. I don't think we need additional moderation, ignore buttons or any other change in form or format. What we need is more adult participation.

I used to frequent the corner tavern, but this place is a much healthier alternative and I hate to walk in and see all the empty stools. Besides, you guys are a lot uglier than the barmaids down there.

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19454 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Well, we've seen Patrick, RayO and Tony; all we need are Steve, Heybjorn, Boondawg and Neptune to make the reunion complete.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve Normington?
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Well, we've seen Patrick, RayO and Tony; all we need are Steve, Heybjorn, Boondawg and Neptune to make the reunion complete.

What about 84Bill and Nick?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EdsB52?
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I just see another lefty wanting to limit speech that he disagrees with.

All due respect, I don't think so.

Evidence indicates that it is the rabid right wing members who are attempting to limit other members from exercising their 1st amendment rights by inundating thread after thread with berating comments aimed at Left leaning members.

OTOH, as far as I can recall, Rinse has never advocated for limiting speech here. ThreeDog either.

The berating of O/T contributors based on their their political opinions needs to stop. Argue the points, not the emotion.

FWIW, it is amazing that a thread about forum comity descends into the very thing it was meant to stop.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FWIW, it is amazing that a thread about forum comity descends into the very thing it was meant to stop.

As I pointed out to 84Bill numerous times, the OP can only control what's in the original post of a thread, not where or how it goes.

There used to be more active moderator involvement to help keep members in line and use of the trash can was more frequent. Doesn't appear to happen much any more. Of course, what should be placed in the trash can is up to the reader's opinion but, dependent on the moderator's decision (assuming the moderator is paying attention). No doubt adult participation is the key but that has proven to be less than effective IMHO so, I simply chose to ignore that which I can not effect within this forum.

Edited: Just had a thought (not that it happens that often) but, since (IMO) moderation seems to be up to the forum as a whole, why not let the forum determine when a thread gets put into the trash can. Instead of having to report threads to Cliff, maybe establish a protocol that would allow enough members to vote a thread into the trash can. Cliff would still have final authority but, that might solve a few issues. Then again, it might not. Just something my ole thinker came up with. I don't expect it to get any farther than other things I've suggested but thought I'd mention it.

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-04-2018).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's "good" to see the Post Office carrier or UPS (or was it FedEx?) "package of sh*t" episode getting another rerun.

He used to have some other suspect (I think), before the "investigation" of it began to center on Me.

TRASH CAN don't solve nothing. There's one other member who has managed to anger and offend me in an absolutely unique way, but I think I have developed enough of an immunity to that infection--starting with some experimental "cyber space immunity boosters" that I found my way to, towards the end of last year--to keep scraping by. Good news for me, because I still enjoy Off Topic.

Going back to that one particular member, I have kind of been coming "pre-goaded" to this forum, every time I come to it.

I think if I could see some real positive change in that member, it might affect me in a way that would end up with me taking my foot off the gas pedal a ways, in terms of my being a daily or near-daily Off Topic forum presence.

I think I already have, compared to what I was more than a year or two years back from today.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-04-2018).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray, this is nothing new. It's been this way since way back when I joined the forum. Used to be Neptune, Rayb and Phranc that I can recall being well versed in use of degrading labels for opposing ideologies. I tried at one point to point this out and took a break from T-O/T for awhile. I post here still from time to time but not near as much as I used to. When I do I try to be as respectful as I can though I can still come off as belittling a assertion from another member. I don't do it with provocative labels but rather the tone in what I post. Still, I try but mostly avoid posting in topics like that unless I feel it's actually worth the possible recoil. Basically, people change one way or the other. I prefer to remember them at their best rather than at their worst. Most who have slipped away from the higher road are still good people and I still like them. I just choose not to focus on how they are posting and more on who they are. Tony, for example, truly is a great guy. I may not agree with the way he posts currently and have been on the receiving end of that myself from time to time, but he's been through a lot over the years as we all have. He is succeeding in his personal life and it really does bring me joy to see that. I don't like the things that have happened to him at the hands of some forum member here. It is seriously disgusting that someone would go to such lengths because they were called a "sandy vagina". However, like me, Tony has chosen to limit his involvement in this section like others have. It's not that we dislike people here, it's that we just don't find the level of vitriol worth the impact on our personal lives. You have done the same. As more and more do it, the threads will become even more acidic as only the toxic posts will remain. Nothing new there though as I tried to impart that in my post when I took a break that I never really came back from entirely. Just like others here, you do what you feel you need to do for your well being and the well being of those around you in real life.

Wow that got way longer than I expected. Off to church I go.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What if three among us were selected to serve as a panel of active moderators? The panel would be authorized to issue Feedback to members on their observance of the Posting Rules, and beyond that, a Warning (more severe than just Feedback), a 30-day suspension, and finally, a recommendation to the forum's ultimate authority for an indefinite suspension.

How to select the panel? Interesting question. What if we had a two stage election process? Stage One would be members declaring their candidacy and seeing which of the candidates get votes. Like a Primary. Then, Stage Two... the General Election.

We are somewhat disadvantaged by not having the software infrastructure of a Poll incorporated into the forum (so far as I am aware), but I had the thought that maybe there is some external online website that could be searched out, that would provide that function without charge, or perhaps, at a highly affordable cost.

Or maybe we could not have any electoral process, but just forward nominations to the forum's ultimate authority, for a panel selection that would be handled internally within that office.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think we need chaperones or hall monitors, what we need is to act like responsible, civilized adults.

I don't even like the anonymous rating system. If someone has a problem with something I said, be a man and tell me. Don't sneak up in the middle of the night and graffiti my garage door. What good does it do to give someone a negative, if he has no idea why?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-04-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aren't the Russians available? I mean, they've got time on their hands until 202 shapes up, right?

Actually, your suggestion has merit. The vitriolic tone has gotten out of hand.

It's easy enough to avoid the blatantly political posts but it constantly spills over into other subjects.

Listen, none of this is earthshaking. If it doesn't get any better in here, meh, on to other interests, other forums and other hobbies.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What if three among us were selected to serve as a panel of active moderators? The panel would be authorized to issue Feedback to members on their observance of the Posting Rules, and beyond that, a Warning (more severe than just Feedback), a 30-day suspension, and finally, a recommendation to the forum's ultimate authority for an indefinite suspension.

How to select the panel? Interesting question. What if we had a two stage election process? Stage One would be members declaring their candidacy and seeing which of the candidates get votes. Like a Primary. Then, Stage Two... the General Election.

We are somewhat disadvantaged by not having the software infrastructure of a Poll incorporated into the forum (so far as I am aware), but I had the thought that maybe there is some external online website that could be searched out, that would provide that function without charge, or perhaps, at a highly affordable cost.

Or maybe we could not have any electoral process, but just forward nominations to the forum's ultimate authority, for a panel selection that would be handled internally within that office.

OR you could just start YOUR OWN forum and then you can run it however you like.

You could call it "RadioFreeRinsel", or "RinselWorld". You've used those titles before.....

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed I have. But not since I started my affiliation with Pennock's Fiero forum. Those inventions are now Internet legacy.

#ReleaseTheOptiboardMemo

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy rinselberg's contributions, or at least the 20% or so that I read before giving up. Yes he is a little very odd and I seldom never agree with him, but this place would be less interesting without characters like him.

He is more civil than some with whom I agree, generally well read and puts up with a lot of crap without going on attack.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-04-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I enjoy rinselberg's contributions, or at least the 20% or so that I read before giving up. Yes he is a little very odd and I seldom never agree with him, but this place would be less interesting without characters like him.

He is more civil than some with whom I agree, generally well read and puts up with a lot of crap without going on attack.

...and he's still here, which puts lie to any claim that the present ratings system doesn't work properly.

The only people who have been "silenced" are those that the majority voted to ban and those that walk away by choice.

Everyone gets ONE vote on everyone else. It hardly gets more "Democratic" than that.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-04-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still here. And in my persective--and I dare say I am not alone on this, for anyone who has followed this thread from post #1--"randye" has put a singular beatdown on the first of the rules that Cliff Pennock committed to record. The Keep It Civilized rule.

If "randye" wants to argue against me on points, or specifics--that's exemplary Off Topic activity.

What's not exemplary, and in my perspective, also outside of the Posting Rules: "rinselberg" is AN IDIOT, or MENTALLY ILL, or WAS A HATED TROLL ON ANOTHER ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUM, or is a DECEITFUL LITTLE PROPAGANDIST (that was quoted verbatim) or is an ATTENTION WHORE (accompanied with conspicuously large and derisive images) and SO FORTH and SO ON.

Mr "randy" is about the last person on earth that I would look to be part of my mental health and emotional well being support system.

He needs to stop "gaslighting" me, and stop offering unsolicited advice of a medical or psychiatric character, and start treating me as just another Off Topic participant with poltiical and philosophical views (etc.) that happen not to coincide with his, for the most part, or the much part, or for any part.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr "randy" is about the last person on earth that I would look to be part of my mental health and emotional well being support system.

That's absolutely correct. I've told you many times to seek out professional help, not mine.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meanwhile Cliff, Tony, Randye, Dennis and a few others are still taking the low road with the name calling and denigrating comments
[d]even after my suggestions to[/b] go high and beat the Left on the battlefield of ideas, not the gutter of ideology.

My oh, o my oh, Ray O.

If sticks and stones can brake you bones, and names can also hurt you too, you might be a snowflake.

Perhaps I should not have said snowflake. Thin skinned ... is that ok ?

What I'm saying is that names such as Libtard, Repuglican, Conservacrack and Democrap are 100% pejorative, meant only to get a rise out of someone who opposes your ideology.

Look Ray O, you are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to define my motivation. I don't speak to get a rise out of anyone. I speak my mind. That's called freedom of speech.

A**hole, OTOH, is a richly descriptive term used to describe ANYONE with lousy forum manners, Left, Right or Middle.

On the other hand ? Richly descriptive ? On my O Ray O, you are the only one who can have an opinion ? What I say describes exactly how I feel.

Evidence indicates that it is the rabid right wing members who are attempting to limit other members from exercising their 1st amendment rights by inundating thread after thread with berating comments aimed at Left leaning members.
[quote]

O' Ray O ... what the frack ?
What it that you are smoking ? I will try to keep up, let me grab a beer.

It didn't help.
What did you say, ?

That if I post something I am infringing on your right to post something, ".
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

My oh, o my oh, Ray O.

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun, in the FierO.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right. More attacks on the guy who is trying to point out that attacks are killing the forum.

Seems the appropriate quote is - "The flak is heaviest when you're over the target".

BTW, I'm the LEAST thinned skinned individual any of you have ever met. Despite Cliff's contention, I haven't delved in here because I'm some kind of snowflake or that I want to infringe on anyone's free speech ( seriously??????).

I've delved in for two reasons:

1 - After 5 years or so I got fed up with the constant bad mouthing and piling on by the rabid right wing that infects ( yes, that's right, infects ) this forum. I keep saying you guys need to up your game, quit the attacks and win on the battlefield of ideas but you know what? You can't. You live in a Conservative bubble, no less toxic than the Liberal bubble you all disdain.

2 - I love watching heads explode. Call it a hobby. Doesn't matter, Leftist ,Rightist, Fiero owners, Speedy Septuagenarians, really any overbearing character with an oversized ego. Just love to watch 'em go pop! Like the Martians at the the end of "Mars Attacks". Which is a double metaphor because that's what all your ravings sound like to the other members - ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!

How's that for a snowflake?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
That's absolutely correct. I've told you
many times to seek out professional help,not mine.

That's outside of the Posting Rules right there. Screen name randye is a member who is obsessing over another member (me) that by the light of this thread itself--going back to Post #1 on Page 1--has largely conducted himself within the Posting Rules.

If anyone wants to see how it looks when an Internet cockroach publishes something that is misleading about "rinselberg", then gets called on it, and then continues to repeat it (which moves him from the Misinformed category to the Active Liar category), it's all here. I started with a long message, by the standards of this forum, but I tried to make it engaging for anyone to breeze through, using a freely-flowing conversational style, interlaced with what I hope was the right amount of sarcasm and borderline vulgarity, which generally seem to be accorded with positive style points in this forum. (I am not against sarcasm or borderline vulgarity, within reasonable limits.)

#ReleaseTheOptiboardMemo..."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122230.html

"Threads about other threads..?" If "Keeping it civilized" counts for nothing, why should any of the other Posting Rules be regarded as relevant anymore?

Internet cockroaches like screen name randye are evidence of why this forum could benefit from one or more active moderators, if they were selected from among people--members or maybe even non-members--with the idea that they would be able to act as moderators who could uphold the Posting Rules in a non-partisan way, in so far as the political or philosophical divides between the members.

If people want to discourage "threads about other threads", they would do well to come down on the cockroaches that like to infect any thread they get involved in and f*ck it up until it's so disgusting, or just so damn long, that some kind of Reset, with a new thread to continue the same general discussion, is the only viable alternative from a communications perspective.

The other members here who have not gone to bat (so to speak) with explicit expressions of their disapproval of screen name randye's underhanded and narcissism-fueled tactics are effectively his Aiders and Abettors. Some are giving him a pass because (in my estimation) they are more interested in having an Echo Chamber that tends to suppress any ideas or perspectives that are not the same or closely similar to their own. An Echo Chamber instead of a Free Ranging Discussion Forum.

Others, I think, are just long-weary by now of any efforts to counter this forum's continuing descent to the lowest, cockroach-infested cellars of the Internet. They mostly avoid any of the Political threads, which are especially likely to bring out the "ugly" in members like screen name randye--although the infection is not completely confined to the Political threads alone.

If I start a Topic or Reply with a message that is negative or sarcastically critical of President Trump--for an obvious example--he's a public figure. He's fair game. I refrain from going after the current President in the same crude ways as screen name randye has employed against me. I have not made a habit of calling President Trump an "idiot", or "mentally ill", or anything that personal and direct. I usually bring up some news report(s) or other online material that other members would be able to talk about and argue against with their own "points." I think this one is fairly representative of the way I go about it:

"The Best People. Record setting rate of staff departures and turnover in Trump World."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122203.html

What I mostly avoid, and what screen name randye, by contrast, avidly has made his specialty, is going after other O/T participants in the rudest and most personally vulgar ways. He's not about "points" or "specifics" or "platforms" or "principles". He's only about personalities. In his own estimation, "randye" is All Knowing and anyone who thinks a far enough distance away from him about politics or other contentious ideas or issues is fair game for his constant beat-downs and flagrant violations of the Keep It Civilized rule that was put down, first among the posting rules, by what is (or used to be) the forum's ultimate authority.

Screen name randye is like one of those "dirty" NFL players. An Ndamukong Suh, or going back many more years, a Conrad Dobler. He is not content to stand on his considerable articulation and knowledge. He resents anyone who might also be perceived that way, but in some counter direction to his political or philosophical preferences.

I will wind this one up with a fitting statement for what has become another of the Internet's "shining" examples of the Animal House mentality that dominates so much that is Internet or Social Media.

Screen name randye can shove that "Ronald" stuff--which has been his common form of address for me--as far up his Forum-Flaming, Online-Trolling, Internet-Cockroaching azz as is anatomically possible.

He is no one I would ever willingly associate myself with, in light of how he has been conducting himself here He could likely benefit from some professional counseling, himself. From someone with proven expertise in Internet-related Disorders. When he comes back here with his predictable nonsense, which will try to lodge the same negative criticisms against me, remember this: Two Crazies Don't Make a Sane.

This is one long message that I wouldn't have created and stuck up here, except for screen name randye, and the way he keeps "getting away with it."

Fortunately (for me), I enjoyed pounding out this message, or at least found it a tolerable experience, since I have made my own commitment to Animal House rules as an option within the Totally Off Topic domain.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-05-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2018 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray Otton can call us names, but damned be to us to even think of things in such a way!

"When they go low, we go high!" Nice channeling there of the Obama turd.

Listen snowflake, YOU brought my name up. YOU chose your words carefully. A smart man I believe you to be, but don't dish it out thinking I will sit quietly as YOU open YOUR trap. I am guessing that the leftist has not fully escaped your mind? I tried to apologize for my swearing, but you threw that back in my face.

Again, just have a good day. Or, just let the cops enter your home under false accusations? Choices...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-05-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me say this as gently as I can.
"Color me unimpressed" .

Right. More attacks on the guy who is trying to point out that attacks are killing the forum.

For you. You are entitled to your opinion.
Can you handle facts ? This subsection gets the most hits of any other section, and, it's not like there is not bickering in other subsections.

Originally posted by Khw:
Ray, this is nothing new. It's been this way since way back when I joined the forum (20080. Used to be Neptune,...

Ditto my experience, since 2003. In fact, gee, this forum closely resembles real life.

Seems the appropriate quote is ...

"If you can't hang with the big dogs, stay on the porch".

I doubt there's even a single member left on Pennock's who still wonders why I stopped commenting in O/T.

I remember why. You got your azz handed to you in this thread. Perhaps it was another one.

... I'm pretty damn sick of the few a**holes that take over most of the conversations.

...just like the coastal enclaves in the real world. Ironic, no?

What would we call this new subsection ? "Unicorns and Rainbows" ?
Most of the so you call azzholes, are the most regular users contributors on T/OT.
What is ironic is blacks sold other blacks into slavery. Did you have a point ?

... he's the ONLY member that ever took any advice from me.

... even after my suggestions to go high and beat the Left on the battlefield of ideas, not the gutter of ideology.

Ah, yeah, right. Argue ideas with those on 110% emotion, and also leftist indoctrination. Yeah, that always works. NOT !

Originally posted by maryjane:
I concur, with all that as it theoretically already exists if everyone would mark their threads correctly with 'fun stuff' and those replying would avoid polluting Fun Stuff threads with P&R comments, tho I do believe some truly believe that P&R comments constitute 'fun stuff'.
It is difficult to keep P&R out 100% but when someone down the thread (poster zero) makes a snide politically energetic remark, others join in & immediately, the apocalypse has begun.

I mark all of my posts "politics", even if it is fun stuff.

Know what's really interesting?
Here you guys are once again DEFENDING name calling in a thread about how we need to quit name calling.

Reading comprehension much ? The OP, williegoat, started this thread. Read the first post again. It had nothing to do with a perceived need to quit name calling, .

Argue the points, not the emotion.

What is your point ?

Take your ball and go home if you want to. I can tell you this ... at one time I would not enter a country and western bar. (Rock and Roll hound.) It took me years to realize I was cheating myself.

I don't care about how anyone expresses themselves. I can filter out their speech and actually hear what they are saying. There are a lot of smart hombres here in T/OT.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You spelled a$$hole wrong.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2018 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's outside of the Posting Rules right there. Screen name randye is a member who is obsessing over another member (me) that by the light of this thread itself--going back to Post #1 on Page 1--has largely conducted himself within the Posting Rules.

If anyone wants to see how it looks when an Internet cockroach publishes something that is misleading about "rinselberg", then gets called on it, and then continues to repeat it (which moves him from the Misinformed category to the Active Liar category), it's all here. I started with a long message, by the standards of this forum, but I tried to make it engaging for anyone to breeze through, using a freely-flowing conversational style, interlaced with what I hope was the right amount of sarcasm and borderline vulgarity, which generally seem to be accorded with positive style points in this forum. (I am not against sarcasm or borderline vulgarity, within reasonable limits.)

#ReleaseTheOptiboardMemo..."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122230.html

"Threads about other threads..?" If "Keeping it civilized" counts for nothing, why should any of the other Posting Rules be regarded as relevant anymore?

Internet cockroaches like screen name randye are evidence of why this forum could benefit from one or more active moderators, if they were selected from among people--members or maybe even non-members--with the idea that they would be able to act as moderators who could uphold the Posting Rules in a non-partisan way, in so far as the political or philosophical divides between the members.

If people want to discourage "threads about other threads", they would do well to come down on the cockroaches that like to infect any thread they get involved in and f*ck it up until it's so disgusting, or just so damn long, that some kind of Reset, with a new thread to continue the same general discussion, is the only viable alternative from a communications perspective.

The other members here who have not gone to bat (so to speak) with explicit expressions of their disapproval of screen name randye's underhanded and narcissism-fueled tactics are effectively his Aiders and Abettors. Some are giving him a pass because (in my estimation) they are more interested in having an Echo Chamber that tends to suppress any ideas or perspectives that are not the same or closely similar to their own. An Echo Chamber instead of a Free Ranging Discussion Forum.

Others, I think, are just long-weary by now of any efforts to counter this forum's continuing descent to the lowest, cockroach-infested cellars of the Internet. They mostly avoid any of the Political threads, which are especially likely to bring out the "ugly" in members like screen name randye--although the infection is not completely confined to the Political threads alone.

If I start a Topic or Reply with a message that is negative or sarcastically critical of President Trump--for an obvious example--he's a public figure. He's fair game. I refrain from going after the current President in the same crude ways as screen name randye has employed against me. I have not made a habit of calling President Trump an "idiot", or "mentally ill", or anything that personal and direct. I usually bring up some news report(s) or other online material that other members would be able to talk about and argue against with their own "points." I think this one is fairly representative of the way I go about it:

"The Best People. Record setting rate of staff departures and turnover in Trump World."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/122203.html

What I mostly avoid, and what screen name randye, by contrast, avidly has made his specialty, is going after other O/T participants in the rudest and most personally vulgar ways. He's not about "points" or "specifics" or "platforms" or "principles". He's only about personalities. In his own estimation, "randye" is All Knowing and anyone who thinks a far enough distance away from him about politics or other contentious ideas or issues is fair game for his constant beat-downs and flagrant violations of the Keep It Civilized rule that was put down, first among the posting rules, by what is (or used to be) the forum's ultimate authority.

Screen name randye is like one of those "dirty" NFL players. An Ndamukong Suh, or going back many more years, a Conrad Dobler. He is not content to stand on his considerable articulation and knowledge. He resents anyone who might also be perceived that way, but in some counter direction to his political or philosophical preferences.

I will wind this one up with a fitting statement for what has become another of the Internet's "shining" examples of the Animal House mentality that dominates so much that is Internet or Social Media.

Screen name randye can shove that "Ronald" stuff--which has been his common form of address for me--as far up his Forum-Flaming, Online-Trolling, Internet-Cockroaching azz as is anatomically possible.

He is no one I would ever willingly associate myself with, in light of how he has been conducting himself here He could likely benefit from some professional counseling, himself. From someone with proven expertise in Internet-related Disorders. When he comes back here with his predictable nonsense, which will try to lodge the same negative criticisms against me, remember this: Two Crazies Don't Make a Sane.

This is one long message that I wouldn't have created and stuck up here, except for screen name randye, and the way he keeps "getting away with it."

Fortunately (for me), I enjoyed pounding out this message, or at least found it a tolerable experience, since I have made my own commitment to Animal House rules as an option within the Totally Off Topic domain.

WOW!

943 words just to say "I hate randye".

Nope, that's not crazy at all.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2018 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I went back and re-read that thread Cliff linked to.

The one where he thought I got my ass handed to me.

Between THAT one and THIS one all I see is incontrovertible evidence that intolerance is the driving force in O/T.

In both threads I called for contributors to ease off name calling and derision. I didn't call for searching for common ground with your political opponents, just a less confrontational style.

What happened?

The usual suspects started name calling, heaped derision and were MORE confrontational.

Some of you guys have a real problem.

Bye.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should be able to express our opinions and discuss topics without senseless name calling. It's not intelligent it's juvenile. I'm always open to hear another viewpoint. That's how I learn. My mental state is not static. I alter my perceptions when confronted with new facts. I have to resist closing my mind when senselessly attacked.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 03-06-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2018 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aww, come on! I've been waiting nine years for just the right opportunity to call someone a toad licking monkey waxer. Now you're telling me I can't do it?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2018 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is monkey waxing anything like a monkey shine?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock