Started on: 01-16-2018 12:06 PM
Replies: 0 (92 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-16-2018 12:06 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got more snow in the last few weeks than last 4 years so been staying inside. Without much to watch in shows, Ive been watching a lot of YouTube videos, and a ton of police chases. Saw a few yesterday that impressed me. Cops in Brazil do chases with cars and helicopters just like the US. Diffference is they follow with police cars at a distance and chase with machine gun armed helicopters. Soon as a runner is in the clear they open up on them. Chases dont last too long there.

I wondered why the US police dont get on overpasses and fire down at fleeing cars. Sniper has a vehicle coming at him, so its a barely moving target and you have clear shots thru windshields and side windows at less than 50 yards. A lot of chases, especially freeway ones, the getaway car is all by itself. You just dont fire if its close to other vehicles, so i dont see it as a problem hitting bystanders. Less chance of that than a car swerving back and forth, going the wrong way and running red lites, hitting someone.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock