Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Dept of the Interior/Bureau of Land misManagement has sent me an 8 pg letter

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dept of the Interior/Bureau of Land misManagement has sent me an 8 pg letter by maryjane
Started on: 01-15-2018 04:20 PM
Replies: 21 (742 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 01-17-2018 10:37 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a letter arrive in the mail today informing I had been identified as having property that overlies federal coal deposits within the BLM Resource Management Planning Area for the OKT (Okla & Tx) Joint EIS/BLM RMP and BIA IRMP and a questionnaire was included regarding whether I would approve or disapprove of 'mining by other than underground mining techniques (i.e.,surface coal mining.)
Both my sisters and a couple of my neighbors got one as well.
******* govt, it's slimy burrowrats and their lackeys and suckasses all need to go fornicate themselves.

On top of that, the 'required' reply date was Jan 9 2018 and it just arrived today. figures.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I hope we don't hear about you on the nightly news.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
8 pages! At least all those trees you cut down went to good use.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Well, I hope we don't hear about you on the nightly news.

Better than seeing my name on the back pages of the local paper..........

Anyone got Cliven Bundy's phone number?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-15-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Better than seeing my name on the back pages of the local paper..........

Keel should have his contact info. They were best buds.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck. I hope the best for you in this situation. I do not, nor can I comment other than as to moral support for you and yours.
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, don't wind up a Finicum
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

8 pages! At least all those trees you cut down went to good use.

To be clear, it's only a cover and 4 sheets of paper. They printed on both sides of each tho, making up 4 pgs.

I have not gotten a good answer on how the govt thinks it owns the mineral rights below surface.
My deed says I own all the rights except a small parcel upon which my sister owns them.
Gonna have to look in to this farther.
I don't want them on my land no way no how and neither does anyone else around here.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be clear, it's only a cover and 4 sheets of paper. They printed on both sides of each tho, making up 4 pgs.

I have not gotten a good answer on how the govt thinks it owns the mineral rights below surface.
My deed says I own all the rights except a small parcel upon which my sister owns them.
I don't want them on my land no way no how and neither does anyone else around here.

Bet they never heard that before in TEXAS lol. Good luck

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same way ALL government agencies think they own ANYTHING....they got bigger guns than you do, and more of 'em.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Same way ALL government agencies think they own ANYTHING....they got bigger guns than you do, and more of 'em.

Yep, Cliven Bundy had Uranium under his ranch and well you know the rest of the story.
PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001

https://www.whitepages.com/...nkerville-NV/kci3juh
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You'd have to look at the deed to the property. I purchased some land a few years ago in Okeechobee County, Florida. It was originally a firing range for WW2 bombers back in the 1940s, and then through most of the 60s and 70s was used as a grazing cow pasture for McArthur Farms. I got it back in 2007.

Anyway... the land's mineral rights are very often separate from the actual land deed. In some cases, you can actually buy mineral rights to someone else's land. If you go in eBay, you'll see people selling mineral rights to property that someone is already living on, and that individual may not have even the slightest clue that the mineral rights to his land is up for sale.

So I suspect that at some point when you or your family bought the land, it likely didn't include the mineral rights.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
You'd have to look at the deed to the property. I purchased some land a few years ago in Okeechobee County, Florida. It was originally a firing range for WW2 bombers back in the 1940s, and then through most of the 60s and 70s was used as a grazing cow pasture for McArthur Farms. I got it back in 2007.

Anyway... the land's mineral rights are very often separate from the actual land deed. In some cases, you can actually buy mineral rights to someone else's land. If you go in eBay, you'll see people selling mineral rights to property that someone is already living on, and that individual may not have even the slightest clue that the mineral rights to his land is up for sale.

So I suspect that at some point when you or your family bought the land, it likely didn't include the mineral rights.

Around this area of California, mineral rights belong to an Indian Tribe. Does not matter how much you pay for the "land", what you accually own is decided by lawyers when something of significant value is found.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

No, I've a copy of deeds going back for decades. I own all the mineral rights outright on one part of the survey and own 1/2 the min rights on another..my sister owns the other 1/2 of that one. Up until 2 years ago, I had a lease contract with an oil company for oil and gas rights but that contract has now lapsed--they never drilled on any of the lease..my property or anyone else's.

I'm well acquainted with the practice of holding on to min rights when you sell the physical property and then selling those rights later as well.

This is something different and it's something specific to coal..probably lignite and specific to the National Forest which butts up against my property and that of my 2 sisters.

And from what I read elsewhere, the letters are only being sent to landowners who actually live on their property and/or derive significant parts of their income from that property. 17,000 of these letters were sent out to Texas, Okla, and Kansas landowners in generic looking envelopes, and I almost threw mine away because it looked like one more piece of junk mail;

News article from an Okla paper:
http://www.stwnewspress.com...5b-207b34e88570.html

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Same way ALL government agencies think they own ANYTHING....they got bigger guns lawyers (and deeper pockets) than you do, and more of 'em.

FTFY.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

FTFY.

No, bigger guns is accurate.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And from what I read elsewhere, the letters are only being sent to landowners who actually live on their property and/or derive significant parts of their income from that property. 17,000 of these letters were sent out to Texas, Okla, and Kansas landowners in generic looking envelopes, and I almost threw mine away because it looked like one more piece of junk mail;

Pawelek added the survey is part of the overall development of the BLM’s Resource Management Plan to create a map of possible acreage and mining locations.
“We want to know the potential availability for mining in the future,” Pawelek said. “As part of our Resource Development Plan, we are required to have data in our appendix to show future development opportunities.”

Not to suggest this wouldn't get my attention nor to suggest that I would not appreciate any such consideration, just receiving such mail would probably piss me off just as it appears Don is. But, it is just a survey per the linked article. Seeking potential sites.

What would really piss me off is the deadline to respond and the "plain" envelope that did not indicate who it was from and it's potential importance. While I do understand that marketing companies put out their crap with such things as "Immediate Response" required and things like that. Government mail should be distinctive. Having such a short deadline is pure hopefully there will be enough public uproar of the manner this was done that it be repeated with a more realistic deadline for returning the survey.

I would also question past practice of the government doing such things. This is definitely a battle worth fighting.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-16-2018).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I've a copy of deeds going back for decades. I own all the mineral rights outright on one part of the survey and own 1/2 the min rights on another..my sister owns the other 1/2 of that one. Up until 2 years ago, I had a lease contract with an oil company for oil and gas rights but that contract has now lapsed--they never drilled on any of the lease..my property or anyone else's.

I'm well acquainted with the practice of holding on to min rights when you sell the physical property and then selling those rights later as well.

This is something different and it's something specific to coal..probably lignite and specific to the National Forest which butts up against my property and that of my 2 sisters.

Ahh ok, sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck. Id contact a news agency if anything more develops. Id be willing to sell them some property they claim or lease access to it and get a percentage of what they make off it. Since more than one person got the notices, maybe theyre just sending them out at random to see who they can intimidate into giving it to them with no resistance.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2018 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with this situation, MJ.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2018 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Historically I have found that the people of the government are more reasonable than their correspondence. Find someone to talk to.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock