Started on: 01-13-2018 10:47 AM
Replies: 4 (117 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-13-2018 12:08 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been up and pushing snow since daylight. Single digit temps and my fingers and toes are stinging like they are on fire. Not sure why Mother Nature decided to do this but, I'm hoping one of my north western neighbors will go out and shut a gate or two and keep this stuff for themselves.

Did my own driveways first then got the neighbors across the street and on both sides. Then on to a friends home who just broke his foot stepping down off of a ladder while taking down Christmas decorations. Got that done and did two driveways for some elderly folks who I know can't do it themselves. I'm done. Whew!!

Anyone need anything transported to AZ? It's all relative to what you're used to but, my goodness it was 64* here two days ago. Shrug..............

Rams

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....
Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just thought we would share the cheer.

Hell, man. I went to a meeting yesterday at Timmies (my favorite office ). Its only 2 blocks.

Before I got 1/2 a block I had to take my glasses off because I couldnt see thru the ice build-up, and every time I moved the ice was cracking and falling off my jacket.

BUT, it wasnt real freezing rain, just a mist that iced everything over. Up here we call that "summer"

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-13-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

We just thought we would share the cheer.

SNIP

Up here we call that "summer"

As I said, it's all relative to what you're used to. Two things, first there is no need to be so neighborly and share. Secondly, you must really enjoy Spring................ )

Rams

RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A week ago it was -1* here with 12 inches of snow and 45MPH winds. It stayed in single digits for 4 days and the plows didn't reach us until day 3.

Yesterday? 72* and every bit of snow disappeared.

Worked out OK because I had to replace the pads and rotors in my daughter's SUV. The basta*ds at Firestone wanted $1200!!!!!

Today started at 50* but then a storm front rolled in from the bay. In one minute the creek went from calm to white caps. Pretty impressive display. Now it's down to 30* and falling fast.

I think it was Mark Twain who said "Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it".
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Snowball's Chance in Hell of a Snowstorm in the Sahara Desert?

Snow falls in Sahara desert for third time in 40 years

Snow has fallen in the Sahara, covering desert dunes in a layer up to 40cm deep.

Snow started falling on the Algerian town of Ain Sefra in the early hours of Sunday morning, giving children an opportunity to race each other down the slopes. Rising temperatures meant it began to melt later in the day.

It is the third time in nearly 40 years the town, known as “The Gateway to the Desert”, has seen snowfall.

In 1979, a snowstorm lasting half an hour stopped traffic. Two years ago, snow settled for around a day, and the town saw snowfall again last year.

CONTINUED ONLINE
Samuel Osborne for the U.K. Independent; January 9, 2018.
http://www.independent.co.u...latest-a8149226.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-13-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock