Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  US Forest Service officer shoots and kills unarmed man who just crashed his pickup!?!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
US Forest Service officer shoots and kills unarmed man who just crashed his pickup!?! by williegoat
Started on: 01-08-2018 06:29 PM
Replies: 29 (867 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 01-13-2018 11:03 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a strange story. There are a lot more questions than answers at this point.

https://www.azcentral.com/s...r-sedona/1011689001/

Two days after a Kansas man was shot to death by a U.S. Forest Service worker near Sedona, authorities have not explained why the officer opened fire on the stranded motorist.

Tyler Miller, 51, had just crashed his pickup truck into a rock after losing control on a curvy road in the Coconino National Forest, according to Matt Bretz, a Kansas lawyer for Miller's family.

The unidentified U.S. Forest Service officer, who was not hurt, shot the Hutchinson, Kan., man after he got out of the truck, officials said.

"The FBI has stated that Ty was not armed," Bretz said.  "The FBI has further stated that they are conducting a full investigation and anticipate turning the matter over to the U.S. Attorney’s Office to determine what, if any, charges will be filed against the U.S. Forest Service officer.”

http://www.azfamily.com/sto...n-sedona-for-retreat

Matt Bretz, a family lawyer for Tyler Miller, says the 51-year-old Hutchinson, KA native was heading to a spiritual retreat in Sedona when the incident happened.  

There looks to be some serious damage to that pickup.

(marked politics because some will choose sides before knowing the facts)

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Met a guy who ran off the road to Crown King once. He was mad as hell at whoever had anything to do with that road.
Maybe the officer met someone like that.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stories like this make my heart sink.
I feel for those involved, on both sides. It can't be easy for any of them to deal with this.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unarmed means nothing. It isn't hard to kill with your bare hands. I wish people would understand that.

As far as who was in the wrong, I don't know, need a lot more information .
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No way to draw any conclusion from what the provided information gives.

There is a lot of damage to that pickup. Must have been quite and impact. One wonders why........

Will be interested to see what unfolds on this.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Unarmed means nothing. It isn't hard to kill with your bare hands. I wish people would understand that.

As far as who was in the wrong, I don't know, need a lot more information .

Even if unarmed, If hands will and do move, there's a pretty high risk of being shot to death nowadays.

Investigation is underway with FBI in lead a has said they will release what the officer has divulged in his statements and report. Dead men however, tell no tales.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several sources report that according to the FBI, there was some kind of "altercation" and the officer was treated for injuries.

https://www.azcentral.com/s...h-sedona/1009593001/

According to Milnor's (an FBI spokesman) statement, the officer stopped on State Route 89A north of Sedona to help with a traffic accident involving Miller.

Then there was "an altercation between the officer" and Miller, the FBI said. Milnor said that investigators later determined the officer was injured and was treated at the scene.

There are other, unsubstantiated reports that the officer was female.

Although by most accounts, Miller was an upstanding citizen, the fact that he was on his way to a "spiritual retreat in Sedona" could place him somewhere near the lunatic fringe.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-09-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb people in cars seem to always ignore anything cops are telling them to do. They tell you exactly what to do and if you dont comply your asking for trouble. They stopped me once, thinking I might be a reported burglar and I had my gun on me. I followed everything they said and didnt get shot...even though the stop was BS. I complied and didnt argue anything at all even though they were completely in the wrong.

Dont know the full story here, but ill bet maybe he was a bit dazed and wasnt doing what he was told. Even just putting your hand in your pocket can be taken as a threat.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-09-2018).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Immediately thought it was this

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Although by most accounts, Miller was an upstanding citizen, the fact that he was on his way to a "spiritual retreat in Sedona" could place him somewhere near the lunatic fringe.

Sedona brings to mind harmonic convergence and crystals.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The deceased man was the owner of team employment and tnt bonding.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Sedona brings to mind harmonic convergence and crystals.

It is also home to a lot of charlatans who like to bilk gullible aging hippies out of their hard earned cash 401K's.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-09-2018).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious, who's the lady with Ray?

Rams

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you must know that is my chaka cleanser.

That pic was taken while on a cross country trip.

I always use her to clear my mind when I want to do 3 times the posted speed limit.

Helps me concentrate.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqvd6mhat8

Why am I reminded of Fred Sanford?
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man. that's the best rendition of the Star Spangled Banner I've ever heard.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Man. that's the best rendition of the Star Spangled Banner I've ever heard.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVqvd6mhat8

Why am I reminded of Fred Sanford?

OK, that does it. I've got to buy a sitar.

(Ravi Shankar was 91 years old in that video. He died 14 months later.)
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve seen people in shock from a crash act very strange.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I’ve seen people in shock from a crash act very strange.

Evidently that one soon began to act like a dead person.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On his way to a Spiritual Retreat= Probably High

And then he got into a fight with the person responding.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I always use her to clear my mind when I want to do 3 times the posted speed limit.

Helps me concentrate.

.....and here you have it again. Even exaggerated it for effect. When in math did 75x3 equal 140. Its not even 2x. Just be happy i didnt do the full potential out of a 220mph car.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-12-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your lack of self-awareness is stunning.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something still doesn't add up:

http://www.hutchnews.com/ne...veryones-best-friend

I have no idea whether or not the shooting was justified, but when I read stories like that I have to remind myself that Travon Martin's friends and family said the same kind of things about him.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea whether or not the shooting was justified, but when I read stories like that I have to remind myself that Travon Martin's friends and family said the same kind of things about him.

Travon Martin was a repeat criminal, this guy owned 2 businesses. I don't think it is a direct comparison.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Travon Martin was a repeat criminal, this guy owned 2 businesses. I don't think it is a direct comparison.

Of course not, but as regards the words of friends and family, a comparison can absolutely be made.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course not, but as regards the words of friends and family, a comparison can absolutely be made.

True, I am sure those close to Hitler would have claimed he was the nicest man alive.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-13-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something still doesn't add up:

http://www.hutchnews.com/ne...veryones-best-friend

I wonder if the driver was on some type of drug?
Could also be just as likely that he had some type of head injury and acting bizarre and or violent?
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I wonder if the driver was on some type of drug?
Could also be just as likely that he had some type of head injury and acting bizarre and or violent?

I think the latter is fairly likely, and if so tragic.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock