Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Ya want that minimum wage up to $15.00 ? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ya want that minimum wage up to $15.00 ? by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 01-04-2018 10:58 AM
Replies: 143 (1915 views)
Last post by: RayOtton on 01-15-2018 03:52 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(bonus points if you've been around here long enough to remember from which member the term 'corprats' came from)

I think that was Ray's namesake.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep..RayB.
And burrowrats is his slang for bureaucrats.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69629 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Damn corprats!

Walmart and Sam's Club announced wages will be increased for workers, paid maternal and parental leave is being expanded and bonuses are being sent out after the passage of tax reform. They're also giving $5000 to workers who adopt a child.

https://townhall.com/tipshe...aises-wages-n2433099

other side of that coin is 63 Sams Clubs are closing.
http://www.businessinsider....s-club-stores-2018-1

(I haven't been in one in years)

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That article is about Medicaid, not Medicare. They are 2 different programs.
https://www.investopedia.co...care-vs-medicaid.asp

All in due time though.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep..RayB.
And burrowrats is his slang for bureaucrats.

Yeah, that wouldn't be me.

I don't call people juvenile names like Libtards, Repuglicans, Demorats, yada, yada, yada.

No better way to convince someone of the truth of their position than to call them some pejorative...................like Deplorable.

That's not to say I wouldn't hound someone endlessly for doing something really stupid like traveling 3x the legal limit on public roads.

Theoretically.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya would have to hound and chase me.....all you can do. No way in hell you could keep up !!!

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neocons ... Wonder and be weird.. Are you kind...

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-11-2018).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's how next year, (actually, any time between early Dec '18 and probably any time in early 2019) , to strike a blow MeM style at Big Corp America! Don't buy it--just 'borrow' it on deposit and get your 'deposit' back in a few weeks.
UP WITH THE PROLETARIAT!!! DOWN WITH THE CORPRATS!!

http://abc7.com/society/wom...-in-january/2929173/

(bonus points if you've been around here long enough to remember from which member the term 'corprats' came from)

I love this story!

RayB.

I think I found him on another forum. Guy with the exact same name. Can post a link if someone cares to investigate. I didn't.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Ya would have to hound and chase me.....all you can do. No way in hell you could keep up !!!

You're probably correct, I couldn't keep up on my own.

But I could hire _______________ (place member's name here) to drive me.

Think 140 MPH is fast enough to keep up?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2018 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To a Matrix ?.....Wait a sec while I find a route that's downhill for me and uphill for you.

Got rid of the Firebird 6 years ago and the Mini 4+.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic, after considering the removal of "common good" laws, I find I am in favor of this.

If you just remove minimum wage, you just made a bunch of democrats. People will perceive that something has been taken from the poor and given to the wealthy.
If you remove all this common good tyranny at once, people will get a taste of liberty, and liberty is intoxicating.
I imagine liberals would be in a uproar, but it will be hard to coverup the positive effects, much like Trump's tax plan has shut their mouths.
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Mr. Trump is on course to do just that.

Think about all the low information voters who work at Walmart who just found out they're a getting raise because the president cut their taxes. He's hammering it home every day on Twitter. "Don't forget, no Democrat voted for that raise you just got".

And then, the (R's) need to put Pelosi's comment where she said that these increases were "Pathetic" and "crumbs" on a video loop and play it every half hour on all of social media.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 01-12-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Neocons ... Wonder and be weird.. Are you kind...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't call people juvenile names like Libtards, Repuglicans, Demorats, yada, yada, yada.

No better way to convince someone of the truth of their position than to call them some pejorative...................like Deplorable

PM me your address. I will make sure you get your premium member snowflake card.

Who are you to deny people their desires ? Perhaps you have not heard of the "Golden Rule". "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
We are regularly called racist, homophobes, xenophobes, deplorables, and worse. I think you are being delusional Ray. Pray do tell. How many opinions of leftists have you changed by playing nicey nicey with them ?

You need a time out. You need to be banished to your room and sit in the corner while you read your premium snowflake copy of Rules for Radicals.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliif, I just think the worst thing we can call them is Liberals.

Calling them Libtards turns off the silent majority. I mean, you wouldn't engage with someone who calls you Repuglican ( or whatever ), correct?

It sounds trite, I know, but really, when they go low, we go high. That is NOT the same as turning another cheek. I'm done with that approach.

We need to slay them with cold logic, ridicule them with their denial of facts and then keep hammering home just what they've done to the country.

All in good humor to get the populace laughing at them.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Raises hand proudly*

I call people names. Many here do not like this, but not one of them have walked in my shoes. If my swearing is an issue, I have always told this forum and those that I encounter to rate me accordingly. I generally keep it to a minimum, but I am damn near turrets like in real life. It is what it is.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To each his own.

As they say, gather more flies with honey than vinegar.

Of course, there's a case to be made over who needs more flies, so....................
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course, there's a case to be made over who needs more flies, so....................

I know that I have no flies in my life. I strongly suspect the same of you.

That is not to say that I did not create my very own shithole in the past. I suffered greatly due to my own attraction to filth. It took a lot of soap to rid myself of the maggots surrounding me.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... I mean, you wouldn't engage with someone who calls you Repuglican ( or whatever ), correct ?[quote]

Incorrect. I absolutly would. I have thick skin and even a thicker nut sack.

I can still slay them with cold logic, ridicule them with their denial of facts and then keep hammering home just what they've done to .

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'll reword it.

You wouldn't expect to change someone's mind after calling them names.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You wouldn't expect to change someone's mind after calling them names.

Maybe, unless they are a dumbocrat. I wouldn't expect to change a dumbocrat's mind if I was so nice to them to the point of kissing thier azz.

I am serious. Thaey don't deal with common sense, logic, and have a difficult time discerning facts, and facts from fiction. I don't argue with them and ridicule them in a futile effort to chwnge their minds. I do so to keep people who might be confused or on the fence from being infected with their thoughts. Plus, it is fun and makes for great theater/reading/entertainment.

I never (I hope) insult the person, just their opinion. Me and jaskispyder used to go after it in T/OT. I remember going to Chat or Technical with a question or queery and jaski would always be prompt with help.

All my life, from my Father, to my oil field mentors, I was ridiculed into being a better person. I guess that's why I have thick skin. Here is a thought. My Dad learned his "mean educational ways" from his Drill Instructors in Air Force Basic Training. The Army has similar techniques, and we all know how Gomer Pyle was treated by Seargent Carter, .
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Granted, the leftist loons are never coming around.

But there's a whole crop of middle of the road people who still call themselves Democrat. Not going to make any headway with them calling 'em Democrap.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Granted, the leftist loons are never coming around.

But there's a whole crop of middle of the road people who still call themselves Democrat. Not going to make any headway with them calling 'em Democrap.

Do you think that we just go around calling folks names? I certainly do not. This is also the only forum that I post on.

I am not being apologetic. Just discussing.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, indeed, there is a fair amount of name calling in here.

Not necessary, just call them Liberals.

It's enough.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay