Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  An open invitation to those who are interested.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
An open invitation to those who are interested. by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 01-03-2018 12:43 PM
Replies: 11 (204 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 01-04-2018 04:19 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on something with a few other folks.

I've done this sort of thing before,( a shared online space)

But it's going to be different this time, due to some of the other people involved.

Interested in being a part of this?

You'll just need a Windows machine-

Won't be much to look at, for now. Maybe some placeholder graphics, may be some simple rough designs.

When you connect, won't see much, probably.

May come across a person or two while you are inside.

Please be nice to them, (be respectful) if you do bump into anyone. If you can even SEE them (Still working on the avatar code).

Not looking to...* OOoo!!!, someone just stopped by with a plate full of cookies!*

*grabs a powdered one*

Sorry.

as I was saying - It's a THING I'm working on.

If you can spare a little time, that would be swell.

Leave it minimized it you wish. I just ask that you occasionally log in, and as you explore, that you provide me with a little feedback.

And even more importantly, contribute with ideas and art\ stories\etc...

"active" folks (myself included) will probably be around in there in the evening hours.

Ill be adding content at least once, every other day.

Be well.

-TDA

You can find the installer here:

http://augworld.com/

you can create an account and all that good stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I'm working on something with a few other folks.

I've done this sort of thing before,( a shared online space)

But it's going to be different this time, due to some of the other people involved.

Interested in being a part of this?

You'll just need a Windows machine-

Won't be much to look at, for now. Maybe some placeholder graphics, may be some simple rough designs.

When you connect, won't see much, probably.

May come across a person or two while you are inside.

Please be nice to them, (be respectful) if you do bump into anyone. If you can even SEE them (Still working on the avatar code).

Not looking to...* OOoo!!!, someone just stopped by with a plate full of cookies!*

*grabs a powdered one*

Sorry.

as I was saying - It's a THING I'm working on.

If you can spare a little time, that would be swell.

Leave it minimized it you wish. I just ask that you occasionally log in, and as you explore, that you provide me with a little feedback.

And even more importantly, contribute with ideas and art\ stories\etc...

"active" folks (myself included) will probably be around in there in the evening hours.

Ill be adding content at least once, every other day.

Be well.

-TDA

You can find the installer here:

http://augworld.com/

you can create an account and all that good stuff.

I'm happy to help, but can you please shed a bit more light on what it is I'm installing? Typically, something like this I'd run Sys Internals strings.exe and IDA Pro on it to see what it does before I install, and then run NetStat after the fact to see where it's going...
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I'm happy to help, but can you please shed a bit more light on what it is I'm installing? Typically, something like this I'd run Sys Internals strings.exe and IDA Pro on it to see what it does before I install, and then run NetStat after the fact to see where it's going...

Beware the thingy squirrel!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Ha, That guy is SO making a comeback later on this year. Wheeeeeeeeee!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012

It's basically a chat and casual game client.
It sends data back and forth - text you type and (occasionally) your x and Y coordinates.
It all lives in the one folder.
Updates download, install, and then are deleted.
I'd be fine with discussing specifics via PM.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean the Packet Squirrel?

It's basically a chat and casual game client.
It sends data back and forth - text you type and (occasionally) your x and Y coordinates.
It all lives in the one folder.
Updates download, install, and then are deleted.
I'd be fine with discussing specifics via PM.

That's cool... I'll take a look later this weekend. What does it do with the coordinates? Does it rely on Windows 10 Geo-Location Services? Because I have all of those turned off. ...or does it use the old Windows 7 GPS / Locator services?

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The squirrel he's referring to would swing across the screen and say "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

That's cool... I'll take a look later this weekend. What does it do with the coordinates? Does it rely on Windows 10 Geo-Location Services? Because I have all of those turned off. ...or does it use the old Windows 7 GPS / Locator services?

Neither, just the X and Y of your Avatar (character within the Realm)

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, the squirrel you are referring to is no where near as destructive. Lol
My then g/f now wife, fell out of the chair screaming in horror!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, the squirrel you are referring to is no where near as destructive. Lol
My then g/f now wife, fell out of the chair screaming in horror!

My aim is to entertain and amuse. and to help when I can. None of my apps are "Malicious". Hope a few of you hop aboard. Will hopefully be a fun ride.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My aim is to entertain and amuse. and to help when I can. None of my apps are "Malicious". Hope a few of you hop aboard. Will hopefully be a fun ride.

Oh trust me, I was amused. Just I doubt she would agree on the not malicous part
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh trust me, I was amused. Just I doubt she would agree on the not malicous part

My greatest "silly code" is nothing compared to how much fun I had with the "snakes on a plane" personal phonecall from Samuel L Jackson years ago.

There was a website which allowed you to fill out a name and a phone number, and Samuel L Jackson would call them with a silly message.
I sent a bunch of them out en masse, and it caused quite the silly 10-15 minutes in the office.

PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My greatest "silly code" is nothing compared to how much fun I had with the "snakes on a plane" personal phonecall from Samuel L Jackson years ago.

There was a website which allowed you to fill out a name and a phone number, and Samuel L Jackson would call them with a silly message.
I sent a bunch of them out en masse, and it caused quite the silly 10-15 minutes in the office.

ROFL, I missed that one. I could have used that website, just in the name of Science.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock