Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Russia-gate.. Steve Bannon is EN FUEGO in new book 'Fire and Fury' from Michael Wolff

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Russia-gate.. Steve Bannon is EN FUEGO in new book 'Fire and Fury' from Michael Wolff by rinselberg
Started on: 01-03-2018 11:07 AM
Replies: 25 (337 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 01-07-2018 12:58 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Guardian previews the new book "Fire and Fury" from Michael Wolff.
https://www.theguardian.com...bannon-michael-wolff

This was Steve Bannon talking--according to The Guardian's writeup of Michael Wolff's new book:

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to [screwing] Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Another Bannon quote, according to The Guardian's report:

“They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”

That is what The Guardian reports as Michael Wolff quoting Steve Bannon on Bannon's assessment of the current state of play in Trump Administration VS Mueller investigation.

Bannon alluded to the Mueller investigation as an approaching Category Five hurricane.

Here's Bannon, remarking on the highly publicized meeting at Trump Tower when Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr had some "Russians" over for a "chat":

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

I wonder if Steve Bannon is already looking ahead to a Not So Distant future when the President's name is no longer Donald J. Trump.

Is the Big Bad (Michael) Wolff howling on the threshold of the White House door?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-03-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I wonder if Ronald Inselberg is already looking ahead to a Not So Distant future when the President's name is no longer Donald J. Trump.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Serious question... because I read the article right after Matt Drudge posted it... what exactly is the article even saying?

I read the entire thing and all it's really saying is repeating comments that Steve Bannon made in a book that was released, regarding things that we ALL already know. The article talks about that meeting in Trump Tower that we all already know took place, and it doesn't actually say anything new. It just says how he thinks Mueller will approach everything.

Again, maybe I'm just not reading it thoroughly enough, but it's not actually saying anything new... just putting harsh language to it?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prompted by the Reply, I went to the Drudge Report. At least, I thought that I was going to the Drudge Report. I ended up at Bloomberg News, Politics section.

Trump Says Bannon ‘Lost His Mind’ After Leaving White House
Alex Wayne and Jennifer Jacobs, for Bloomberg News; January 3, 2018.

President Donald Trump denounced his former top strategist, Steve Bannon, on Wednesday, saying that he ‘lost his mind’ after leaving the White House last summer.

“When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind,” Trump said of Bannon in a statement the White House issued. “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look.”

The statement represented an emphatic break from the person considered the architect of Trump’s presidential campaign. Bannon continued to enjoy access to the president after he left the White House, but that has ended, one person familiar with the matter said.

MORE ONLINE
https://www.bloomberg.com/n...-leaving-white-house

Sounds like Breaking Up Is Not So Hard To Do.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like old Steve is now your buddy? Not too long ago you derided him constantly. Personally, I never said one good word about the man. I hold true.

I wonder if Steve Bannon is already looking ahead to a Not So Distant future when the President's name is no longer Donald J. Trump.

When will the constant "impeach Trump" banter cease from you? It is in every thread that you create? No happiness, only the barrage of "impeach Trump"? Will it ever stop? Name calling and the betrayal of definitions are the calling card of the left. Just stop it already. Quit sending shat through the mail, and the interwebs! Joy can be had, but you remove all of that from this forum.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't patted Steve Bannon on the back here.

I just reported on what he is quoted as having said of late, in the new book from Michael Wolff.

If You Like Your President, You Can Keep Your President.

At least until the end of 2018.

I won't say that I would not appreciate another Impeachment spectacle, as an observer, and as someone who has not much liking of any kind for President Trump. But President Pence? That seems very dry and colorless, indeed, after the spectacle of Trump's first year in office.

These are the "rinselberg" keys to the Game of Throne:
  1. If the Mueller investigation ends without dropping any indictments on Jared Kushner, that has to be a good omen for the President.
  2. If the Democrats do not gain a majority in the House from the 2018 midterm elections, that has to be a good omen for the President.
I won't say that took any great insight on my part. You could call me Captain Obvious.

Some time ago, I speculated about what I thought was the possibility that the aftermath of the Michael Flynn debacle, the firing of James Comey, and the emergence of the Mueller investigation, could result in a Double Play. Donald J. Trump, out. Mike Pence, out. And then the Presidency would go to Paul Ryan, or whoever is serving as Speaker of the House.

When I put that thought up on this forum--kind of musing about it--someone was very quick to ridicule it. I don't know. Does it seem all that ridiculously impossible now?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I hope the Entire Truth comes out. Including the truth about the Unmasking requests by Obama administration officials. Details of any FISA applications that were used by the FBI to set up any eavesdropping or wiretapping-like activities on anyone that was part of the Trump campaign organization or Trump Transition team.

I want it ALL.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I put that thought up on this forum--kind of musing about it--someone was very quick to ridicule it. I don't know. Does it seem all that ridiculously impossible now?

Yes, yes it does seem "ridiculously impossible now".

Bannon is bad business. He has been out for some time. He is not a diva.

Post and paste repeatedly. It is a tactic that will not out wear me. I am tired of the endless **** Trump banter. It is time for my infamous second wind.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

I want it ALL.

I don't. I want to be left alone. I want to not worry about what may come in my mailbox. I only want what I have earned. Not what others have taken.

I do not even remotely believe that you understand what I am writing. I truly do not.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If You Like Your President, You Can Keep Your President.

At least until the end of 2018.

You've replied to your own post several times now, so it's obvious that you're *very* excited about this.

But I have to warn you...

Impeachment is only a trial / hearing. It has to be voted on by Congress.

Should he get "impeached," he'll go to a Congressional hearing.

Further action then needs to be voted on by Congress.

... do you really think they're going to force him out of office?

This is assuming that Trump has actually done anything wrong... and there's nothing that actually says he has. So this is pure speculation. Let's say you DID end up with Trump getting kicked out of office. Now you'd end up with Mike Pence as the president. A decidedly even MORE conservative person that Trump. Trump is a moderate, Pence is a true Conservative... that's why Trump picked him.

What do you think the reaction will be after you kick out Trump (assuming all of this plays out as you have it in your mind)...? Immediately expect Pence until 2024.

Anyway, we're really talking about unicorns and lock ness monsters here...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

You've replied to your own post several times now, so it's obvious that you're *very* excited about this.

It's anything BUT uncommon for me to Reply several times to My Own Post. Here's the most recent example, and it has nothing to do with President Trump or any kind of politics:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/121951.html

I was surprised by the words that are being attributed to Steve Bannon, in this new book. That probably means that I have not been paying that much attention to Bannon. Especially, since he became an ex (former) Trump administration staffer.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's kind of creepy to watch the O/P have internet orgasms so often, and so publicly.
Especially when it takes so little stimulus to achieve his state of bliss......
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Zing!"

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It's kind of creepy to watch the O/P have internet orgasms so often, and so publicly.
Especially when it takes so little stimulus to achieve his state of bliss......

I mean, I guess that's a good thing? And he's doing it without looking at p0rn either, so... huge plus there.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mean, I guess that's a good thing? And he's doing it without looking at p0rn either, so... huge plus there.

It would be a "huge plus" except for the fact that Ronald is so batsh!t crazy he's doing it while looking at pictures of himself.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To Whom It May Concern:

The quotations presented in the new book are attributed to Steve Bannon. Not rinselberg.

The author of the new book is Michael Wolff. Not rinselberg.

The book preview that was published today in The Guardian is credited to David Smith in Washington. Not rinselberg.

The Mueller investigation is--as of this moment, and in so far as I am informed--still a Work In Progress. I have nothing to do with it really, other than having cast my personal vote during the 2016 U.S. national election cycle for a Presidential candidate who was not named Donald J. Trump.

What is this Internet-enabled orgasms malarkey that's being put up here?

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PRESIDENT, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PRESIDENT.

For another full year, I expect--at the very least.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-04-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a jumo? Steve Bannon's description of a Russian lawyer has everyone scratching their heads

"The chance that Don Jr did not walk these jumos up to his father's office on the twenty-sixth floor is zero."

That's a quote from Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon in an excerpt from an explosive new book.

Any serious claims about treason aside, what exactly is a "jumo"?

<SNIP>

Some think it could be a [new] slur invented by Mr Bannon. Another thinks it could be the new covfefe.

<SNIP>

You want <SNIP> ? You got <SNIP>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/...donald-trump/9303834
Gary W

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not 'jumo', 'Jamoke'. An old slang term.

https://www.urbandictionary...fine.php?term=Jamoke

[This message has been edited by Gary W (edited 01-04-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To Whom It May Concern:

The quotations presented in the new book are attributed to Steve Bannon. Not rinselberg.

The author of the new book is Michael Wolff. Not rinselberg.

The book preview that was published today in The Guardian is credited to David Smith in Washington. Not rinselberg.

The Mueller investigation is--as of this moment, and in so far as I am informed--still a Work In Progress. I have nothing to do with it really, other than having cast my personal vote during the 2016 U.S. national election cycle for a Presidential candidate who was not named Donald J. Trump.

What is this Internet-enabled orgasms malarkey that's being put up here?

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PRESIDENT, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PRESIDENT.

For another full year, I expect--at the very least.

I see you changed the 'M'-word to something more appropriate for the PC police.
Was that your idea, or did someone point that out to you.
After all, this is a family friendly forum.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think the reaction will be after you kick out Trump (assuming all of this plays out as you have it in your mind)...? Immediately expect Pence until 2024.

It's already been pretty much spelled out what would happen should Trump be booted out of office or resign. Some Democrats have already gone on record to say that they'll be going after Pence to kick him out as well. The argument is that, whatever Trump did, Pence was either an accomplice to or a beneficiary of, so he needs to go too. Some have even announced that, once both Trump and Pence have been ousted, they'll be going down the line of succession and start seeking ways to impeach Paul Ryan. The end goal seems to get rid of any politician who's either not a Democrat or a Republican who plays nice with the Democrats. Some have made it known and others are a little more subtle about it.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply stunning how Democrats principles showed up on November 8th, 2016.

From '08-'16?

meh, not so much.

Seriously, there was never this much talk about O being impeached.

I don't recall the constant yapping from (R's) about removing a sitting president.

I have to say, if they try for impeachment that may be the match that sets off the conflagration.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope the Entire Truth comes out.

I want it ALL.

I doubt you really want the truth to come out. Because if you did, you would be demanding answers from Hillary Clinton and the destruction of evidence, selling nuclear weapons grade material to the Russians and even obama's quote about having more in depth discussion after the election. SOOOOOOO many things need to come out....but Trump and the Russians is a HUGE waste of time. Even the accusations of Trump and Russian contacts has no laws broken, none, nothing illegal happened. What truth needs to be revealed?
I am not a "fan" of Trump, but I do support him and I think that his victory over clinton was bigger for me than any supper bowl. I look forward to 4 more years of him over the democrat liberals that have infested American Politics, and yes I am saying he will win again.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-06-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to learn the nuances of Mr. Rinse.

By "The whole truth" he means "The whole truth about D. Trump, supposing it leads to his impeachment, if it doesn't then never mind".

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

You have to learn the nuances of Mr. Rinse.

By "The whole truth" he means "The whole truth about D. Trump, supposing it leads to his impeachment, if it doesn't then never mind".

I still fail to understand how any Russian connection brakes law or is an impeachable offense. I laugh at the term " collusion" when used in context of impeachment, utterly pathetic attempt to appeal to brainwashed minds.....or is it? After all, it does work.....on them.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-06-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way I see it, all they have to do is keep that mantra in the forefront of the American psyche for another ten months and they will achieve their goal. Like any carefully orchestrated ad campaign, people are mindlessly singing the jingle in their sleep.

It doesn't matter that neither Colgate, Geritol nor Marlboro will make you healthy, wealthy or wise.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The way I see it, all they have to do is keep that mantra in the forefront of the American psyche for another ten months and they will achieve their goal. Like any carefully orchestrated ad campaign, people are mindlessly singing the jingle in their sleep.

It doesn't matter that neither Colgate, Geritol nor Marlboro will make you healthy, wealthy or wise.

I become more and more convinced that people will vote for and support anyone who claims to be on their side, to a falt. Meaning that if a person is (for example) Green Party, then the Green Party people will support that politician no matter how crazy they may be. America is VERY polarized. That is exactly why long time libertarians switched to a "different" party affiliation with a larger voter base. Instead of appealing to America, they switched to appeal to a larger affiliation of voters, because of polarization. They calculated that they could not win the Democrats or Republicans over into Libertarian, so they became Democrats to get their vote. Then did not even change any of their ideas, just kept on going like they are still talking to Libertarians. The voters did not even care because the Politicians (ex-libertarians) called themselves Democrats. Polarized to a falt.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-07-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock