Started on: 01-01-2018 02:12 PM
Replies: 122 (1945 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 01-12-2018 06:58 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

That might not end well...

I am not aware of any requirement that I carry ID. I suppose it could annoy an officer, but it wouldn't be the first time I have done that.
IP: Logged
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am not aware of any requirement that I carry ID. I suppose it could annoy an officer, but it wouldn't be the first time I have done that.

You are required, however if you match the description of a wanted person, expect to be detained till, proven not to be that person.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are required, however if you match the description of a wanted person, expect to be detained till, proven not to be that person.

That, also, would not be the first time.

(I hope you mean not required)
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, I'm pretty sure you are not required by law to carry an ID if you are riding a bicycle, or walking down the street. There's no law that says you MUST carry an "ID." Unless you are driving a car, which is your license to drive.

I'm sure with Federalism it varies from state to state...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Wait, I'm pretty sure you are not required by law to carry an ID if you are riding a bicycle, or walking down the street. There's no law that says you MUST carry an "ID." Unless you are driving a car, which is your license to drive.

Pretty sure that's true and most that I've read researching it verifies your statement but, I assure you, with no ID you have just provided a LEO a reason to investigate and keep you detained longer than necessary. Of course, everything depends on what you were doing, your attitude and the circumstances.

Rams

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

That, also, would not be the first time.

(I hope you mean not required)

Yes, I meant not required. Lol
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This got way the eff out in left field.

Bicyclist are not nearly as courteous as the THINK they are.

I never did get my goat back.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is my understanding that as long as the DUI check points are "optional", they are legal. Here in California, they typically announce their locations in the local new paper. They are also required to put up a sign at least one intersection away from the actual check point so that people can turn and avoid the check point. From what I have seen, the signs are unlit and difficult to see when driving down the street. That is even if they put the sign up or bother putting it in the correct location. Police have been known to put the signs after the closest intersection which means the check point is unavoidable by the time you see the sign. Anyone making a U-turn at that point is pulled over and given a field sobriety test.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

It is my understanding that as long as the DUI check points are "optional", they are legal. Here in California, they typically announce their locations in the local new paper. They are also required to put up a sign at least one intersection away from the actual check point so that people can turn and avoid the check point. From what I have seen, the signs are unlit and difficult to see when driving down the street. That is even if they put the sign up or bother putting it in the correct location. Police have been known to put the signs after the closest intersection which means the check point is unavoidable by the time you see the sign. Anyone making a U-turn at that point is pulled over and given a field sobriety test.

OK, I just have to ask, what good does it do to have DUI check points if they are advertised? What idiot came up with that idea?

No different that telling bank robbers when security is down and the safe is left open.

Rams
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, they announce when and where DUI checkpoints are here every time. Its always amazed me that drunks still go to the bars and drive right thru to the checkpoints...and get caught. Im smart enough to know if i drive down this street there definitely will be a cop at this intersection to check me, and so Id go a different way. duhhh. Just proves to me drunks are idiots and morons.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Im smart enough to know if i drive down this street there definitely will be a cop at this intersection to check me, and so Id go a different way. duhhh. Just proves to me drunks are idiots and morons.

At 140 mph, you'll never see that sign...................
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

At 140 mph, you'll never see that sign...................

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First i dont do bars, second, I dont drink and finally Ive never driven 140 mph except on racetracks and wide open, empty 4-8 lane interstates. Give it a rest man. All the time except for very rare exceptions, I drive at or +5 posted speed limits.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.......wide open, empty 4-8 lane interstates.

See, here's yer problem.

You continue to think this was NOT a problem.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, no others on the road is no problem at all except to me. Some other roads in some states dont even have that limit. You too can give it a rest. Its done and over and no one can do anything about it. Cops cant even say crap without catching you themselves. So unless you have a video from a plane or helicopter, with a radar gun in view, just shut the f up. Stay at home and cower in fear if you want because I may be driving thru your area sometime.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-08-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

............... just shut the f up. Stay at home and cower in fear if you want because I may be driving thru your area sometime.

Hey, like the one eyed whore said to the kinky sailor, I'll keep an eye out for you.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First i dont do bars, second, I dont drink and finally Ive never driven 140 mph except on racetracks and wide open, empty 4-8 lane interstates. Give it a rest man. All the time except for very rare exceptions, I drive at or +5 posted speed limits.

Roger,
Do us both a favor and go back, read your thread about doing 140 mph on your trek. You were either then or now, which is it? What's posted above does not reflect what you posted in that thread. Just going by what you wrote then. You claim many things in that thread that simply do not correlate with what you posted above. You also state you're safer at 140 mph than most others are at half that speed. You can explain all you want, I still hold that you were a hazard to anyone that was anywhere near you while you were chasing your youth or, what ever you were doing.

Here's the truth, I'll give it a rest and quit gently ribbing/reminding you when you finally admit that was a stupid act to (1) do and (2) to brag about it. Until that realization finally comes through, I'll be gently reminding you of just how stupid the action and telling the story was.

Had just one little ole lady or, some soccer mom made an unexpected lane change, that trip could have ended totally differently. You and I both know it. As I remember, you did mention at least one time where something like that occurred. We're both old pilots, remember that saying about Old and Bold Pilots? There are Old Pilots and there are Bold Pilots but, there are very few OLD BOLD Pilots.

Rams

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's the truth, I'll give it a rest and quit gently ribbing/reminding you when you finally admit that was a stupid act to (1) do and (2) to brag about it. Until that realization finally comes through, I'll be gently reminding you of just how stupid the action and telling the story was.

Oh, OK, I'll swear too.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

*%$*#!!!@$&**%$$!!!!!.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Roger,
Do us both a favor and go back, read your thread about doing 140 mph on your trek. You were either then or now, which is it? What's posted above does not reflect what you posted in that thread. Just going by what you wrote then. You claim many things in that thread that simply do not correlate with what you posted above. You also state you're safer at 140 mph than most others are at half that speed. You can explain all you want, I still hold that you were a hazard to anyone that was anywhere near you while you were chasing your youth or, what ever you were doing.

Had just one little ole lady or, some soccer mom made an unexpected lane change, that trip could have ended totally differently. You and I both know it. As I remember, you did mention at least one time where something like that occurred. We're both old pilots, remember that saying about Old and Bold Pilots? There are Old Pilots and there are Bold Pilots but, there are very few OLD BOLD Pilots.

Rams

I dont have to read anything. I said I went up to 140mph most of the trip and almost all the way thru Missouri on I-35, I-44 and I 70 and their respective by passes. I slowed to posted 55 and 45 for posted construction zones. Other traffic was little and far between. Only at one time did a semi come over into my lane where I had to hit the brakes. I stopped only for gas. What part of that confuses you?
I stand by my being a safe driver at any speed I want. My driving record backs that up. I will agree that if someone else had done something stupid like cut across 4 lanes to get in front of me, it would not have ended well. THAT is the only thing Ill agree with. Otherwise I dont care what you or anyone else has to say. So Im tired of listening to you and Otten whining about it. Bring it up and Ill just repeat myself over and over till you get it. I dont have much else better to do with my time. Just about all my winter time is in watching tv and if nothing interesting is on, I can go on and on rambling as much as I care to. I can actually take the time to write you a complete novel on the trip.

BTW, have you seen the 2 1/2 hour video of the police chase across Texas where a car thief drove a new Dodge Hellcat clear across the state at 200 mph. They couldnt even chase him with a helicopter. They didnt get him till he ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. He didnt even get a scratch on it or cause anything. They found it abandoned on the berm and used a copter with a flir camera to find him in woods.

as for old, bold pilots. Now you apparently know of one. I never even got shot down.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-09-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I may be wrong, but Ive always thought you were supposed to carry some form of ID all the time. I dont get how people think they can drive and not have their license or wallet on them.

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont have to read anything. I said I went up to 140mph most of the trip and almost all the way thru Missouri on I-35, I-44 and I 70 and their respective by passes. I slowed to posted 55 and 45 for posted construction zones. Other traffic was little and far between. Only at one time did a semi come over into my lane where I had to hit the brakes. I stopped only for gas. What part of that confuses you?
I stand by my being a safe driver at any speed I want. My driving record backs that up. I will agree that if someone else had done something stupid like cut across 4 lanes to get in front of me, it would not have ended well. THAT is the only thing Ill agree with. Otherwise I dont care what you or anyone else has to say. So Im tired of listening to you and Otten whining about it. Bring it up and Ill just repeat myself over and over till you get it. I dont have much else better to do with my time. Just about all my winter time is in watching tv and if nothing interesting is on, I can go on and on rambling as much as I care to. I can actually take the time to write you a complete novel on the trip.

BTW, have you seen the 2 1/2 hour video of the police chase across Texas where a car thief drove a new Dodge Hellcat clear across the state at 200 mph. They couldnt even chase him with a helicopter. They didnt get him till he ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. He didnt even get a scratch on it or cause anything. They found it abandoned on the berm and used a copter with a flir camera to find him in woods.

as for old, bold pilots. Now you apparently know of one. I never even got shot down.

Absolutely no confusion here Roger.

Have it your way Roger. Doesn't matter to me. I kind of enjoy pulling your chain. The reaction is priceless.

The number of people I get PMs and emails from agreeing with me is well beyond what I expected. They just don't want to rock your boat or get into an internet squabble.

I know dumb luck when I see or hear about it. Whether you ever got shot down is totally a mechanism of the threat and the mission, not necessarily your piloting skills. You are full of hot air and every one of the people that have emailed me agree on that.

We do agree on several political topics but, on this, we don't. Your cross country trek at the speeds you claimed (previously) and the distance covered in the time you claimed would not indicate you drove the speed limit much as you now claim.

If, you're driving skills are as good as you say and you feel the need for speed as you also claim, one must question why you were never successfully employed on a race team. Even Danica got that gig.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-09-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I had a big ole response for you but Ron took care of most of it.

I will only add three things:

1 - Not getting shot down is a pretty low bar for proving piloting competence.

2 - The commentary will continue on your boneheaded action. Obviously it bothers you while Ron and I are simply entertaining the community. Call it a public service if you will.

3 - The nightmare will continue until you admit it was stupid. At that point it all goes away and we can be friends again.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Ill never admit to it so pull the chain whenever you have the desire. I know your both trolling and really dont give a crap.

1200+ miles from breakfast till dinner is an average of almost 100 mph. Average means take into account 5-6 gas stops and slowing for all construction and the few cops i seen. You do know how averages work right ? Google even says its 18 hrs at speed limits up to 75...and they mean a constant 75 all the way with no stopping.

I also drove once from Columbus to Carlisle for the show in 3 hours. Left at 3am got there at 6am. Google says its 5 1/2 hours.

Ive logged more flight miles than most here have driving miles. Not even a single incident. Im even a better pilot than a driver.

Im so glad you have so many silent supporters. I dont need them patting me on the back myself. Ive gotten a lot of people myself that tell me to just ignore instigators...but I do what I want. No one dictates anything to me.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, Ill never admit to it so pull the chain whenever you have the desire. I know your both trolling and really dont give a crap.

1200+ miles from breakfast till dinner is an average of almost 100 mph. Average means take into account 5-6 gas stops and slowing for all construction and the few cops i seen. You do know how averages work right ? Google even says its 18 hrs at speed limits up to 75...and they mean a constant 75 all the way with no stopping.

I also drove once from Columbus to Carlisle for the show in 3 hours. Left at 3am got there at 6am. Google says its 5 1/2 hours.

Ive logged more flight miles than most here have driving miles. Not even a single incident. Im even a better pilot than a driver.

Im so glad you have so many silent supporters. I dont need them patting me on the back myself. Ive gotten a lot of people myself that tell me to just ignore instigators...but I do what I want. No one dictates anything to me.

Maybe we should invent a "brag collar" for you like Tony's bark collar.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe we should invent a "brag collar" for you like Tony's bark collar.

I have no bark collar story?

Breathe...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the Teslas autopilot will work on the outerbelt at 120mph...
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if the Teslas autopilot will work on the outerbelt at 120mph...

FTFY, seeing as the Tesla has the lowest reliability rating for 2017 as per Consumer Reports survey.

Although, to be fair, I don't think they had a check box for wind noise at 3x the speed limit.
You know, Glenn Frey comes to mind with a bit of paraphrasing -

It's a losing proposition
But one you can't refuse
It's the politics of a troller's rules
It's the smartass's blues

Perhaps you'd understand it better
Standin' in my shoes
It's the ultimate enticement
It's the smartass's blues

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 01-10-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More BS. http://money.cnn.com/2017/0...a-model-s/index.html

Ive had mine for almost 2 years and the only problem was tire pressure on all tires read low when it was 5*. Fixed that with some air. Apparently for some reason air pressure decreases with cold and increases with heat...who knew

BTW, whats any of this got to do with DUI checkpoints...did I miss a memo ? Back on track, I love DUI checkpoints...wish they wouldnt even announce them.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-10-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, whats any of this got to do with DUI checkpoints...did I miss a memo ? Back on track, I love DUI checkpoints...wish they wouldnt even announce them.

Sorry, I thought we'd expanded to any and all a**hat vehicular behavior.

Thinking about though, maybe we should have a new checkpoint like DUI called - DWIE or Driving With Inflated Ego.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You two are the ones who took it to azz hole. I didnt mention anything about your sh t until you jumped into it with your little snide BS. Go beat on your dic for a while.

Ego means self importance which you apparently dont lack. Your totally unimportant to me. Im no better OR no worse than anyone else. You obviously think YOUR of importance...but thats only to yourself. So talk about calling the kettle black. Your no more worth anything to me than a pile of dog crap.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-10-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And to think, all the angst could go away with a simple "Yeah, what was I thinking traveling 3x the limit on a public road?"
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2018 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, I just have to ask, what good does it do to have DUI check points if they are advertised? What idiot came up with that idea?

No different that telling bank robbers when security is down and the safe is left open.

Rams

Drunks are not known for having a good memory, quick reactions or making good decisions. They are driving drunk after all.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And to think, all the angst could go away with a simple "Yeah, what was I thinking traveling 3x the limit on a public road?"

Sorry you need to go back to elementary school to learn math. 75x2 is 150. 140 is not even that. 3x75 is 225, and although that car is almost capable of that (220), I never did, so I never had to think what I was doing going 3x the limit. What I was thinking when I left after breakfast, I needed to be home before dark to feed the cat.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I call on a "220" top end.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry you need to go back to elementary school to learn math. 75x2 is 150. 140 is not even that. 3x75 is 225, and although that car is almost capable of that (220), I never did, so I never had to think what I was doing going 3x the limit. What I was thinking when I left after breakfast, I needed to be home before dark to feed the cat.

Heh. I may be a PITA. no strike that, I am a PITA.

But I can fix that by taking a Dale Carnegie course.

You can't fix stupid.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't misunderstand, I abhor drunk drivers, and they should be punished to the full extent of the law.

As do I. I have a couple of DWI's, and a bunch of allegations which amounted to nothing in the courts. Even though I had to go to jail. Vehicle impound fees, (towing on top), bail/bondsmen, lawyers. All for naught at court. No convictions.

DUI's are a money trap, plain and simple. They used to follow you home, the BAC limit was .15%. It went to .10%. Now it is at .08%. Basically one beer. They want it at .05%.

It used to be that you could refuse all the circus roadside tests, a breathalyzer, and take your chances in court. What they did was video you, for evidence. It wasn't working for convictions.

OK, MADD got involved. I applaud them. I agree with them. It got overboard though.
I will finish later.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I call on a "220" top end.

Im glad. Its a 2017 CTSV with a custom modified engine, trans, and suspension set up for european road racing. It has 960 hp. Top end was listed by the builder at 217+. Factory, dealer delivered unmodified is 200+ mph.

"200 miles per hour
The third generation CTS-V includes a 6.2 litre 640 hp LT4 supercharged gasoline V8 engine, as the most powerful Cadillac ever produced to date. The third generation CTS-V is sometimes referred to as a four-door Corvette, because of its supercharged V8 from the Corvette C7 Z06 and a top speed of 200 miles per hour."

BS from you just shows you dont know what your talking about either. This is the actual car. You can look up any specs or YouTube videos you want...nets full of details...on a stock one. Owner paid $105K plus another $50k for mods.

OR you can still say BS by ignoring any facts.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Click to show

I give head for Cadillac rides.

Listen **** sucker, I really do not give a flying **** about your escapades entering the octogenarian zone. I keep hearing about this stupid car that you drove illegally down the road, but have not read any specs. Did you post them prior? I don't ****ing know, because I do not troll your azz around the planet. So, I read about a Caddilac that does "220", and having read EVERY GOD DAMNED MOTOR TREND in the past 30 plus years makes me throw out the flag. Absolutely not apologetic that YOU got so offended.

Eh, you have always been a racist prick.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-12-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock