Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Sand Blasting and my trailer experience.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sand Blasting and my trailer experience. by blackrams
Started on: 12-31-2017 11:25 AM
Replies: 17 (629 views)
Last post by: Fats on 12-31-2017 11:41 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a thread about sand blasting, admitted then that I knew very little about the subject.

Took one of my goosenecks to (near) Nashville, TN to have it blasted and painted.   Thanks to a friend who spotted a Face Book ad for a Christmas special on media blasting.   So, I took advantage of the deal.   It was a very good price, I know this because, I have been trying to get this trailer blasted, primered and repainted for a couple of years but, it was always beyond my available $$$.  Another issue was I could never get a vendor to agree to blast and paint the bottom of the trailer.   It's an all metal trailer so, that had to be accomplished.

Three colors were available with the "special", none was what I would have picked but, since that was all that was being offered, I selected the Almond color, kind of an Off White.   Picked it over the Red or Black because, whether it's clean or dirty, it's still gonna look the same.  Off White.

Went back yesterday and retrieved the gooseneck.   The entire trailer was blasted with steel shot peen, blown off of dust and then primer applied, used a two part epoxy primer then came back with a two part epoxy paint.   The trailer looks amazing, can't tell you how impressed I am with the end result, especially considering the price.   The Christmas Special was about 1/3rd of any of the other quotes I received and not one of them would include the belly of the monster.

Kudos to:

Blast Masters of TN.
www.blastmasterstn.com
615 920 6232

About 40 miles north of Nashville, TN.  I don't easily pass out praise but, I highly recommend them.   They don't just do trailers, I saw pictures of some hot rods and quite a few other projects they have done.   

I can't post pics here but, if anyone wants to see the before, during and after pics, just email me and I'll be happy to share them with you.  I still have to reapply the DOT reflective tape and intend to install more LED lights but, she's beautiful.

Rams 

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-31-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you would like, email the pics to me and I will post them in a Ray Approved size.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually people only post bad reviews, it is nice to see a positive one.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

If you would like, email the pics to me and I will post them in a Ray Approved size.

Very funny.

Try to keep you guys coloring inside the lines and this is the abuse I get?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check yer email. Pics should be there by now. Sent them first class.

Lines, what lines?? Abuse? He has no idea how badly we could abuse him.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the first six:

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Willie.
The picture with the old car on the trailer is there just to show how badly the trailer needed this done. She was starting to look pretty sad.

Obviously, the pics are not in order but, you can get the idea of the process.

I don't often give recommendations but, excellent service deserves recognition. If you need something media blasted, these folks did a great job for me. See my first post for their contact information.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willie, thanks again.

Hopefully Ray will be pleased also.

Rams
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mild jealousy.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Th, Th, That's all, folks!
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, is that the trailer you fell off while loading your bike and hit your head?

'cuz that's a hilarious story.

And explains a lot.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

BTW, is that the trailer you fell off while loading your bike and hit your head?

'cuz that's a hilarious story.

And explains a lot.

Nope, that was a different trailer. Not that I couldn't fall off of this one also.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'55 DeSoto? Hemi?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-31-2017).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'55 DeSoto?

Think'n that's what it was. Transported that to NJ. A man bought it as a parts car to keep his other Desoto up and running.

I take pictures of everything I transport from every angle to CMA. Never scratched or dented anything but, you never know when the receiving person is going to say, it didn't look like that when I bought it. Many times, the only things the buyer knows is what the seller tells them. Many are bought sight unseen. Of course, sellers always show the good stuff and not the bad.

I'll send you a pic of the rat rod and some of the interesting stuff I have transported. Some of those I'd love to have, others you couldn't give me but, to each their own......

Rams

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I take it you sand blasted it ? I think thats the best choice for rusty steel like a trailer...it goes deeper than other medias. I painted my boat trailer and my race boat by using 2 cheap HF block and tackle chains. I put one at front and one at rear and hung them from the rafters so I could get the bottoms good.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

So, I take it you sand blasted it ?

Yes, top to bottom, front to rear, on top and the belly. Down to "white metal". Primed and painted with epoxy enamel.

Rams
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's nice. Once you get the DOT stickers on it, it'll look brand new.

Brad

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock