Powersteering hose by LitebulbwithaFiero
Started on: 12-30-2017 09:56 AM
Replies: 12 (189 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-02-2018 12:53 PM
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 08-26-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many NAPA stores and agricultural equipment dealers have the capability.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 12-30-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just look up local hydraulic hose people.
Return line to pump/tank is non pressure hose and most can use spring clamps to hold them.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Anyone know anything about getting custom pressure hoses made? I need one for my truck. Ended up with a Camaro pump in a different then stock location. To me, it seems easiest if I get both ends and a chunk of hose. Mock it up- paint marks for reference and get it crimped somewhere.

What do you need? I've sold a lot of hoses in my lifetime. Unless you are wanting something high performance, I am probably not your guy (I do this stuff for my food). I'd look for a local hose shop. Maybe call a fork-lift company and see who they use. Be prepared to tell them everything you need.
Media. Orifice. Working PSI. Burst PSI if applicable. Temp. Length. Material. If they are anything like me, not a rere looking to get sued, they'll tell you they aren't an engineer and can't guess as to what you need for your particular application. I don't build hoses I farm all mine out using a couple local places for on the quick and a few that are better price but have shipping involved. If you are using clamps pressure is minimal and the clamp actually might be a safety item. IE it can blow off if things get critical.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The O'Reillys down here makes them.

[This message has been edited by Fats (edited 12-31-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just googled your area. Figured on putting a link to a local hydraulic line store. Just south of you are a ton of them.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally. Just being helpful.

On a side note, if you get a hassle because of age or inexperience, then go to the next establishment.
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a local hydraulic line shop that made a new set of oil cooler lines for my Porsche. A back order from dealer would have taken months and they made them in a day...and cheaper.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock