Started on: 12-30-2017 08:53 AM
Replies: 24 (775 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-02-2018 06:05 PM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In other words white people only lol

Stole that joke from family guy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need to work on what you think a joke is...and that is a real dating site. It is super racist too, so I use it exclusively.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

Gotta tell you something.

Last year we went to the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson Kansas.

Saw more interracial couples there in 4 days than I've seen in Virginia in 20 years. Even saw a few mixed Mennonite / Christian couples.

Yes, that's anecdotal but it did impress upon me that folks in the mid-west are more concerned with your work ethic than your skin color.

Who said that? You know, content of character, not pigmentation.

Oh yeah, MLK.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Farming/ranching demographics is changing. More non-whites are getting in to agriculture.
On average, non-white farmers increased by nearly 15 percent over the past five years, compared to a nearly 5 percent decrease among white farmers.

In past decades, it was difficult to gauge the actual demographic makeup of just who was in ag, but with the current 'only every 5 years' Census of Agriculture, it's much easier for the govt to collect good data.
https://www.agcensus.usda.gov/About_the_Census/

(I hate the dang thing. normal US Census is only every 10 years..ag census twice as often and it comes out in the mail in Oct, for the NEXT year's data. That means you have to submit before you have even figured income, profit etc for IRS..previous year isn't even over and they want info for the next calendar year. There's one on the dash of my truck unopened now, with the always present bold statement Required By Law across the front of the envelope.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-30-2017).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

That's why one of their commercials features a mixed race couple, right?

Family Guy? Why do people think that 💩 is humorous?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

...folks in the mid-west are more concerned with your work ethic than your skin color.

Exactly.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I know a lot of African American and Hispanic cattlemen & women.
They are very involved in our regional activities and I see and talk to them every year at the SE Texas Beef Cattle Symposium.
Are they a small demographic? Yes, compared to the whole, but they are definitely a working force and a knowledgeable addition to the sector.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I know a lot of African American and Hispanic cattlemen & women.

Now that's not very diverse of you, is it? I'm sure that somewhere there is an Asian, transgendered, midget cattleperson who is feeling disenfranchised right now.

(All is not lost. My spell checker doesn't know what to do with transgendered or cattleperson)
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Some of it is, but less and less anymore as it gets less and less original.

Brad
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5566 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by williegoat:

Now that's not very diverse of you, is it? I'm sure that somewhere there is an Asian, transgendered, midget cattleperson who is feeling disenfranchised right now.

(All is not lost. My spell checker doesn't know what to do with transgendered or cattleperson)

Around here the Mungs have bought up the majority of the farms. There's your Asians. I'll just make the leap and assume one of them is a ladyboy cattle rancher.

It's usually the lefties that assume someone's race and or gender based on where they are, or what they do for a living. You can't stay angry if you don't keep assuming stuff.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, since we're talking cattle ranchers now.

Passed this place in Wyoming on a cross country trip. Had to turn around and get a picture just because -

So now you know where they come from.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 12-30-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The local saddle/boot repair/western wear shop is owned by a Korean guy. Nice guy and he knows his stuff. Just kinda odd walking in and seeing a Korean in western clothes and speaking with an Asian/Texas drawl tho.

From a forum I'm on--this is one woman on horseback, with 1 dog moving 170 head off pasture in Saskatchewan before the weather turns too bad. So yes, cattlewomen definitely exist and do a great job.

https://s19.postimg.org/q14...MG_1514429421300.jpg

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-30-2017).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Passed this place in Wyoming on a cross country trip. Had to turn around and get a picture just because -

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

HEY! What exactly are you implying?

And here I thought you were a stand up guy.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saw an ad for that ranch not too long ago. It's for sale if someone is interested in 39,000 deeded/leased acres.
11.5 big ones will buy it.
http://www.ranchlinenetwork.com/listing/6573

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The local saddle/boot repair/western wear shop is owned by a Korean guy. Nice guy and he knows his stuff. Just kinda odd walking in and seeing a Korean in western clothes and speaking with an Asian/Texas drawl tho.

From a forum I'm on--this is one woman on horseback, with 1 dog moving 170 head off pasture in Saskatchewan before the weather turns too bad. So yes, cattlewomen definitely exist and do a great job.

https://s19.postimg.org/q14...MG_1514429421300.jpg

You can clearly see the dog is doing all the damn work here. Probably a male.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

You can clearly see the dog is doing all the damn work here. Probably a male.

Looks black too. That checks off a few more boxes.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2017 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Looks black too. That checks off a few more boxes.

It is Rachael Dolezal! Move back two spaces.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do farmers only dot com couples eat at Panera Bread?
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saw an ad for that ranch not too long ago. It's for sale if someone is interested in 39,000 deeded/leased acres.
11.5 big ones will buy it.

Thanks for the heads up but, you do know that we are expecting a 206 year cooling cycle that will run about 20 years and may be a recommendation to change crops? That is way too north. I may need to change from guava to potato's.
https://www.youtube.com/wat...=iDbHRtGuQM8&t=2824s
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Thanks for the heads up but, you do know that we are expecting a 206 year cooling cycle that will run about 20 years and may be a recommendation to change crops?

Since this is the Boner ranch, any possibility that the acreage will shrink?

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since this is the Boner ranch, any possibility that the acreage will shrink?

Well, it does get cold in Wyoming.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont see many black farmers. That would involve actual work and everyone, especially racists, knows they rather get everything as free handouts. They dont even grow pot because they have to do something. They do fine as middlemen (dealers) between suppliers and users though.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I dont see many black farmers. That would involve actual work and everyone, especially racists, knows they rather get everything as free handouts. They dont even grow pot because they have to do something. They do fine as middlemen (dealers) between suppliers and users though.

Most assuredly NOT the case on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

We have some very hard working, self made black folks here abouts. In fact, some of them worked on the farm with my wife.

Basically, they pick crops for the farmer who allows them to keep 25% of what they pick. They then take that produce 30 miles up the road and sell it at their own farm stands.

I've been around a lot of workers in 40 years and I'm telling you these are exceptional workers. They have no repsect for welfare recipients and in fact, they were a little dubious about my wife at first because they aren't use to seeing WHITE women working at a farm. It was all good after a few days though when she got down and dirty with them, slinging 20 lbs watermelons onto the flatbed.

In addition to that, I worked at the Purdue Chicken slaughterhouse. That place employs over 2000 people 85% of them being black folks doing some pretty nasty jobs, some of them since 1972 when the plant opened.

So please, quit with the blanket statements.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can only speak for the farms I see in Ohio. Its also a good possibility your area is an exception. From those I see around here, a hard working black is a rarity. I have no doubt there are some, just as there are lazy whites too. They just as soon sit on their butt for $5 as do some handyman job for $20.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock