Started on: 12-28-2017 09:45 PM
Replies: 11 (217 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 01-16-2018 11:31 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to a fellow tonight about Fiero's, he mentioned a color that I've never heard, it was called Argent, now before you google that, "Argent" is heraldic name for silver and is derived from Latin argentum, from which the chemical symbol for silver is also derived.

That got me thinking, I remember a band from the 70's named Argent. This was playing on all the "cool" stations back in the day.

Oh the memories that came rushing back when I heard this. The girls, the cars, the friends, that great summer.

What songs do this for you ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-28-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had this album on 8-track in my first car, a '63 Chevy Biscayne. A lot of things happened with Jorma and Papa John in the background.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-28-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

...I remember a band from the 70's named Argent. This was playing on all the "cool" stations back in the day.

I'll remind you of the band that Rod Argent was in, before that. (He was the keyboard player.)
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40721 posts
Member since Oct 1999
This reminds me of riding around in rural Dekalb County (back when Dekalb County was rural, and not "the hood".)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'll remind you of the band that Rod Argent was in, before that. (He was the keyboard player.)

/\ Thats where I know the (Argent) name from.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-29-2017).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69648 posts
Member since Apr 2001

RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm....That song by the Talking Heads...."Psycho Killer".
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Until just recently I thought Garth Brooks song "The Thunder Rolls" was a song about weather.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in high school, I was a huge Def Leppard fan. So pretty much anything by Def Leppard will bring back memories.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Used to listen to this when I was homesick in California. Back home in Traverse City, people would call in and request this constantly on opening day of hunting season, the DJ's used to lose their **** with all the requests, it was hilarious. Long live Northern Michigan!

Whenever I listen to this, it transports me right back to California, they used to play it on the radio all the time out there. It takes me right back to cruising the Montague Expressway in the STI in Silicon Valley through Santa Clara and San Jose.

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't say it was great but this one brings back memories of a remote station:

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock