Out there question! by Backtothe80s
Started on: 12-27-2017 05:22 PM
Replies: 3 (180 views)
Last post by: Backtothe80s on 12-27-2017 11:45 PM
Backtothe80s

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Backtothe80sSend a Private Message to Backtothe80sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a needle in the hay stack question and not related to a Fiero. I’m looking for a video link regarding a 2008 -2010 Dodge Journey and torque steering(pulling on acceleration). It’s a long story but if you know of a link please PM me. I know it’s normal just looking for video proof.

Thank you in advance

[This message has been edited by Backtothe80s (edited 12-27-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry can't help with the Journey, but I test drove a 2011 Avenger with a piddly 2.4ltr and I thought it pulled awful to the right under hard acceleration.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2013 Dodge Journey, with all-wheel drive. I don't notice any pulling at all.
Backtothe80s

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Backtothe80sSend a Private Message to Backtothe80sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you both for your reply’s. From what a tech told my at a Chrysler Dealer was that between 2008-2010 or 2011 that Chrysler didn’t use half shafts on these vehicles and they were terrible for torque steer and it will naturally pull to the right which is the side with the longer shaft. Much worse with winter tires. On the 2011 apparently Chrysler added a half shaft on the Journeys right axel which removed the issue. My 08 Grand Caravan doesn’t have a half shaft on the right axel and it pulls very hard to the right on hard accel as well. I have come across a few mentiones of pulling to the right on early Journey models and worse if it was an AWD or a V6 but was hopping to find a video on the subject describing it for this particular car. No luck yet and not sure if it exists?

[This message has been edited by Backtothe80s (edited 12-27-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock