Started on: 12-26-2017 02:31 PM
Replies: 14 (440 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 12-28-2017 07:28 AM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aston Marin interior from an 87, looks like Atari helped design it

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 12-26-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing screams 80's like "futuristic" dash displays. May I present the 1982 Camaro Berlinetta...
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about this 80's masterpiece.

Maybe "masterpiece" was to strong a word. 1.3 liter turbo charged engine and not like the 1.3 liter engines we have today. I believe I read something about it having trouble getting out of it's own way until the turbo spooled up and hit with a firecracker quick snap that might very well cause a loss of vehicle control. Gotta love how cheap those 13" tires were to.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 12-26-2017).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

How about this 80's masterpiece.

Maybe "masterpiece" was to strong a word. 1.3 liter turbo charged engine and not like the 1.3 liter engines we have today. I believe I read something about it having trouble getting out of it's own way until the turbo spooled up and hit with a firecracker quick snap that might very well cause a loss of vehicle control. Gotta love how cheap those 13" tires were to.

I think so many misremember their youth. All 103 HP with the turbo engine. This sounds like a certain turbo Fiero I've heard about that would outrun anything.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I think so many misremember their youth. All 103 HP with the turbo engine. This sounds like a certain turbo Fiero I've heard about that would outrun anything.

The article I read on the Turbo Pulsar, while it offered praise on a few things and ideas, was not afraid to put the cross hairs on it's flaws. That car was not fast at all. Yes it was turbo but the turbo was more of a danger than an asset according to the article. Basically, when the turbo finally spooled up the suddenness of the surge was enough to cause a very momentary loss of traction that they felt could easily send the car into a spin. But yeah, like my old Nissan truck which had less than 100 hp. The same displacement engine of current make would out shine it in so many ways.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The article I read on the Turbo Pulsar, while it offered praise on a few things and ideas, was not afraid to put the cross hairs on it's flaws. That car was not fast at all. Yes it was turbo but the turbo was more of a danger than an asset according to the article. Basically, when the turbo finally spooled up the suddenness of the surge was enough to cause a very momentary loss of traction that they felt could easily send the car into a spin. But yeah, like my old Nissan truck which had less than 100 hp. The same displacement engine of current make would out shine it in so many ways.

Ah. I misread. So many of my older friends like to tell stories of their 150mph+ trist with cars of yore. When in fact the transmission let alone physics would never have allowed it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an 89 Ford Probe GT.

When the turbo spooled up and kicked in, (eventually) if you werent ready for it/ used to it the torque-steer would put you one lane to the left.

At least, until the turbo got tired and worn after about 1,000km.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow growing up in the 90s my friend's dad had one of those Oldsmobiles and I thought the dash was so cool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Give us some clicks and likes We are doing this show again June of 2018.

Vid on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGrJbn3mwo

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/BackToThe80sMN/

https://www.backtothe80smn.com/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-27-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
The frst ime I showed my nephew the pop up headlights on the Fiero he said "ITS LIKE A TRANSFORMER!"
PFF
System Bot
phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about an 80s subaru xt coupe

[This message has been edited by phreakboy4 (edited 12-27-2017).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

Click to show

I wanted one of those, LOL.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted one of those, LOL.

Wondering if it will fit the Fiero.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

That's the first car that came to mind while reading this thread! No way I was going to come up with a picture that fast though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock