Started on: 12-24-2017 02:50 PM
Replies: 12 (730 views)
Last post by: Red88FF on 12-28-2017 12:18 PM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a list of shows that I have watched and believe will get cancelled.

The Grinder (I have since found out this didn't get renewed, but I only watched it about a month ago when I made this prediction).
9JKL. Hot garbage.
The Mayor. This show is just bad.
Superior Donuts. Everything must be racist! I guess it is written by a guy in Oklahoma. I just started it this season with season 1, I can't believe it was even renewed for its' 2nd season and don't think a 3rd will hit.
Modern Family. I liked this show. It has went down hill. Celebrities paraded around and destination vacations episodes always spell the end.
The Profit. I really enjoyed this show and just discovered it. Seems like it is done for with the last few episodes really declining.
Kevin can wait. Had to kill off his wife and bring back the Leah Remini combo, this show is still floundering.
Shanara Chronicles. Jumped from MTV (didn't even really know they made non-reality shows) to Spike. Aired episodes in 2 a night increments. Ended last episode on "to be continued" which makes me giggle as I didn't like it and Jenny was into it and I hope this non-ending upsets a bunch of nerds. She was done with it by the end too, so no loss to her.
Kevin saves the world. A poorly written religious feel good show. If I wanted to watch Touched by an Angel I'd turn on the Hallmark channel.
Ride with Norman Reedus is pretty lame. They are having to stroll out celebrities to ride with him. I don't think Chappelle or "Negan" are motorcycle people and Chappelle seemed stoned.
I think this will be the last Always Sunny in Philadelphia too.

I liked Last Man standing and it got cancelled. Shame. Didn't see that one coming.

Shows I've tried and just don't get. Big Bang Theory. I just hate it. As a result, I am not watching that Sheldon crap either. Last man on earth. I just can't get into it. Seems like it does well. I liked House of Cards, sorry about the molestation 30 years later... I hope Walking dead is over next season. Show is wearing me slick the last 2 or 3 seasons and I hate Carl and wish he'd die. I heard he is immune in the graphic novels. Gay. I like Fear the Walking Dead better, but don't care about either.

I like movies a lot because you don't have to commit much time for them, but damn I always fall asleep. We tried to watch Jenny's favorite Christmas movie last night. A Christmas Story. I had never seen it and sputtered out before halfway through. Like just after 8PM...

Any predictions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I predict Last Man on Earth and The Orville will be cancelled, if not this year, then next. The reason why is because those are really the only two shows I watch.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I predict Last Man on Earth and The Orville will be cancelled, if not this year, then next. The reason why is because those are really the only two shows I watch.

Forgot about The Orville. I think that thing will make 1 more season. Same for Star Trek Discovery.

Family guy is just AWFUL without Seth MacFarlane and The Orville just isn't great.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't stand family guy, but in my opinion The Orville is better than the new Star Trek. Of course all my shows get canceled so that really means nothing. I do also like Rick and Morty, I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear due to the volatile Dan Harmon.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are very particular about what we watch.

That said there are some incredible shows out there.

"Shameless" gets better with each year.
"Westworld", can't wait for it to come back.
"The Chi", about inner city Chicago is a new show on Showtime that looks promising.
"The Marvelous Miss Maisle", about a woman stand up comedian, from Amazon.
"The Vikings" is well done but I'm not sure of the historical accuracy.
"Mozart in the Jungle" is an outstanding mix of comedy and classical music.
"Tin Star" is a disquieting show with the quirky Tim Roth
"Fargo", based on the movie, has had three seasons of oddball drama/comedy.
"Episodes", don't miss this overlooked gem. It's a send up of the whole Hollywood culture starring Matt LeBlac of "Friends".
"Marco Polo" is probably mostly fictional but still excellent viewing.
"Narcos" three seasons of increasing despair over the drug cartels stranglehold on South American countries.
"Better Call Saul" is as good a "Breaking Bad", the story it is based on.
"The Son" about the early days of oil exploration in Texas with Peirce Bronsnan in a surprisingly good American role.
"The Deuce" about prostitutes on 42nd street during the low point of the '70s. Tough to watch.
"Lillyhammer" flies under the radar. It's about a mafia guy in witness protection in Norway. VanZandt in the title role.

Here's the thing though.

We take bets on how many episodes into a series before one of the main characters turns out to be gay. Usually it's around late episode 2 or the beginning of episode 3.

The writers are just so predicable on this.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I predict "My Mother the Car" will bomb after one season.

Wait............What?............No, really?

I guess I don't watch much TV.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
Any predictions?

Honestly, never heard of most of those shows and the few that I have heard of I don't watch.

Since I represent what the vast majority of America want,

I'll predict all of them will get the axe.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I predict "My Mother the Car" will bomb after one season.

Wait............What?............No, really?

I guess I don't watch much TV.

Wait I a second. Come on car guys lets do a write-in campaign to see if we can save it.

Actually I have been watching it on Sunday mornings on the local ME network. 1928 Porter, that my mother dear....

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a few comments. I cant list all since especially in winter I watch an avg of 15 hours of tv a day.

I like Big Bang Theory, and Sheldon. I also like Fear the Walking Dead better than Walking Dead. I loved Last Man Standing. The Orville is OK, not a must watch. I dont like Modern Family anymore...even Sara Hyland cant save it. I love The Mick...hilarious. I like some of the 'reality' shows like What On Earth, and Terrors in the Woods. I like most episodes of Kyndra Homicide Detective. Most of the car shows have gotten pretty lame...about all I watch is Street Outlaws...mostly because my 2 sons know those guys...and I know its all a setup. I watch a lot of movies, and Lifetime Movies has some decent stuff. Even Hallmarks Good Witch is pretty good. All the superhero shows have gotten out of hand like Agents of Shield, Gifted, Scorpion, Supergirl, Arrow, etc.

As far as new movies, theres barely 2 per month I find worth watching and I get those with Redbox...usually 2 for $1.50.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-27-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Crap, the wife and I both enjoy Last Man on Earth. It's probably doomed.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Just a few comments. I cant list all since especially in winter I watch an avg of 15 hours of tv a day.

I like Big Bang Theory, and Sheldon. I also like Fear the Walking Dead better than Walking Dead. I loved Last Man Standing. The Orville is OK, not a must watch. I dont like The Middle anymore...even Sara Hyland cant save it. I love The Mick...hilarious. I like some of the 'reality' shows like What On Earth, and Terrors in the Woods. I like most episodes of Kyndra Homicide Detective. Most of the car shows have gotten pretty lame...about all I watch is Street Outlaws...mostly because my 2 sons know those guys...and I know its all a setup. I watch a lot of movies, and Lifetime Movies has some decent stuff. Even Hallmarks Good Witch is pretty good. All the superhero shows have gotten out of hand like Agents of Shield, Gifted, Scorpion, Supergirl, Arrow, etc.

As far as new movies, theres barely 2 per month I find worth watching and I get those with Redbox...usually 2 for $1.50.

Sara Hyland isn't in the middle. That is modern family. I don't even think she's that cute. Her sister in that show is much better. The super hero shows wear me out. It is CW that I think is the problem there. Jenny calls them teeny bopper. Weren't they a "black" channel a decade back?
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I corrected myself, my mistake. Shows how much interest it is to me. Hyland did a couple of those lip sync music videos and looked pretty good. Im always good for a baby face.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping the Walking Dead gets cancelled? I bet there will soon the Walking Dead channel Walking Dead 24 hours a day with spin offs after spin offs.
If you like the genre for a good laugh watch the movie The Walking Deceased.

Frankly I have not heard of most of these shows on the list, well we watch Big Bang Theory and like it.

Loving the new West World.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock