Started on: 12-15-2017 10:38 PM
Replies: 23 (782 views)
Last post by: whadeduck on 02-04-2018 06:01 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After being in school for almost five years, first completing my bachelor's degree and now this, I will finally be walking across the stage tomorrow to be handed my MBA Project Management. I'll be the first in my family with a graduate degree and am actually quite proud of the work I've put into completing my education. No PhD for this guy. It'll take me a little bit to figure out what normal is again.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Congratulations!
Post pics!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have posted on this many a time over the years past. Congrats on all of the hard learning. Be somebody...
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2017 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrads, on your hard work and congrads on the good timing, as you'll be not only be able to find work but if good move to better things.. as the economy slowly shakes the funk off.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Exhausting but exhilarating at the same time.

As to normal, well, there is no more normal.

It disappeared while you had your head in the books for the past 5 years.

But normal is boring, so........................give 'em hell.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to you. I hope you are able to find the job you desire and that you have an amazing life!!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey congrats man, always nice to hear stuff like this.
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Now get to work.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a MBA in Project Management?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2017 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

What is a MBA in Project Management?

It's an MBA with a focus in project management. Everyone studies the same seven courses, but takes five different additional courses depending on their program. The university has several different programs, but the curriculum I took is accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) along with several other accreditations. The combination degree will help me in multiple ways in my career. Looks like FIT is in your backyard.

http://web2.fit.edu/program...a-project-management
------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 12-17-2017).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

After being in school for almost five years, first completing my bachelor's degree and now this, I will finally be walking across the stage tomorrow to be handed my MBA Project Management. I'll be the first in my family with a graduate degree and am actually quite proud of the work I've put into completing my education. No PhD for this guy. It'll take me a little bit to figure out what normal is again.

Ahh... Aventura. Where are you going to school?

Barry University?
Nova Southeastern?
Florida Atlantic University?
University of Miami?

EDIT: Ahh... FIT. Cool... congrats!

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 12-18-2017).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2017 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, congrats
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the MBA thing is starting to pay off already. Landed a hopefully-lucrative job in Naples and I start on 12 February. For about six weeks, because of our lease, I'll work there during the week and come home on the weekends. Then the wife will join me permanently.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been to Naples. Expensive. Nice though.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go man.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Been to Naples. Expensive. Nice though.

It is definitely expensive. Working on finding an affordable place to live now. Not easy. May have to commute a bit. But right now it takes me up to three hours to drive the 29 miles to get home in the afternoons, so a short commute won't be terrible.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations are definitely in order. Naples? My folks used to take me there on vacation as a kid. Say hello to the fishing pier for me!

Originally posted by whadeduck:
....But right now it takes me up to three hours to drive the 29 miles to get home in the afternoons,...

Yikes. It seems to have changed since I was there last! I have photos of us on Marco Island. Just our family. Nothing else in sight.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richard,

My wife has relatives in Naples and Marco Island. I have been there a few times and it is a nice but somewhat expensive place (real estate wise). I hope that you and the wife do well there.

Nelson
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Richard,

My wife has relatives in Naples and Marco Island. I have been there a few times and it is a nice but somewhat expensive place (real estate wise). I hope that you and the wife do well there.

Nelson

Thanks. Compared to Miami, Naples seems a little more quiet and less crowded. Maybe a little more room to spread out. But yeah, definitely more expensive in some respects. If my wife gets into residential real estate and does well, we'll be good to go. She normally works on the commercial end of real estate, but in Naples the real $ is in the residential side. So we'll see. I'll just be glad to be in a place where an hour and a half to go the 29 miles home is not defined as "quick." The Miami area is more for the young and uber wealthy I think. Aventura is nice, don't get me wrong. It's a very affluent area, but sooooo crowded. Our apartment complex is about 30 years old and shows its age. But we're surrounded by yachts and multi-million dollar condos. Heavy traffic is always a little more tolerable when you're flanked by Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, and Rolls Royces. The "common folk" here can only afford to drive Porsches. lol

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2018 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Twas a sign. On the way to Naples yesterday to look at paces to live, we of course went through Alligator Alley. On the way, we were passed by a parade of three Lamborghini Aventadors lead by a Bugatti Veyron. Perhaps they were to lead us to the promised land. lol

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock