Started on: 12-13-2017 10:48 PM
Replies: 9 (319 views)
Last post by: boostedbird on 12-15-2017 09:45 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont do me any good up here, but some of you guys might benefit.

https://www.militarytimes.c...res-how-you-get-one/

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see the "cheap" part you mentioned.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an assumption that surplus=cheap.

At least here it does. I used to get my hunting/camping gear for about 1/3 of "retail" stuff by buying mil surplus
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's such an iconic gun, they'd be fools to price them "cheap" my guess it's they'll be in the introduced in the $1.2k-$1.5 range and maybe drop down to the $600-$800 range. Last I checked a "cheap" 1911 was $800 but that may not be the way it is now, I've not been keeping up with them.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-13-2017).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I payed right around $700 out the door for my Springfield Armory 1911 Mil Spec. And I am sure there are cheaper ones out there

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 12-14-2017).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CMP has already said that the 1911s would be sold at near retail values but no final sale price has been established. Inspecting and grading the 45s will likely take at least six months after receipt so it will be a long time before the public sees any 1911s from this source. There are a number of steps to even get qualified to purchase the 1911 and the first 10,000 qualifiers will then be assigned a random number for the order of sale. Sales will be by mail only (i.e., none is CMP stores, no internet order, no phone order) and there will be a double background check imposed (one with the order paperwork and another at the FFL who receives the firearm for you).

Nelson
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, randomly generated lottery system.
Some will be good, some may be shot out or worse. Priced accordingly and graded according to CMP's inspectors.

If I were younger and really wanted a genuine military 'historic heirloom' weapon, I'd be inclined to throw my name in the hat..I'm not and won't.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I saw in both links about price was 'fair market value'. To me that means the average used 1911 price...like a cars Bluebook Value.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have mixed feelings about putting my name in for the "lottery". I would like another military issued 45 with some historical significance but there is no assurance of getting a real WW II or Korean War vintage hand gun. I am likely to decide not to participate since I have the 45 that was issues to my father during the Pacific island invasion campaign during WW II. I know the history of this one and it is not shot out after 50 plus years of service.

Maybe the quality of the 1911s will surprise us. For now it is a wait and see what happens moment in time.

Nelson
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get Springfield mil-specs new around here for $600, same gi build but no "history".

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock