Started on: 12-12-2017 05:29 PM
Replies: 20 (439 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 12-20-2017 03:30 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2017 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meh ... deception is deceitful and wrong.

I don't understand why Muslims won't eat pork. Somebody please tell me. I think that their holy book, the quran, tells them not to, but why ?
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, they consider pigs to be dirty...

my other line of thought is that human flesh supposedly tastes like pork...and so, to prevent cannibalism, they didn't want anyone to get a taste for anything like it.

In other words...I don't know!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pork is one of the hardest meats to keep safe to eat, so back in...oh, I dunno....Dino-times the fine upstanding suicide bombers of sand-land developed cultural prohibitions against eating it, which over time became part of their cult. Fridges and freezers didnt exist back then and its WAAYYYYY to much of a leap to think they could roll their watches forward 1,500 years now that those things do.

Same reason they substitute screwing goats for relatives, they dont want to breed 'tards and figured out way back in stone-diaper times that sister pops out weird puppies when you do, so HEY, dinner over there makes for a fine replacement bop !

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jews don't eat pork either but I don't see anyone cheering that along.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW, orthodox Jews don't eat it either.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It all goes back to the cloven hoof thing....
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, in Leviticus, we are told that because it is of the cloven hoof and does not chew the cud, it is not to be consumed. There's a similar admonition in Deuteronomy and Isaiah.

Quoing from WhyIslam,

"The main utility of pigs in the ecosystem is as scavengers. They live and thrive on muck, feces and dirt.

It could be argued that in developed countries, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties, and so the chances of them consuming filth are very high."

"Eating pork can expose the individual to various helminthes (worms) like roundworm, pinworm and hookworm. One of the most dangerous of worms is Taenia Solium, which, in lay man’s terminology is called the pork tapeworm. It harbors in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, in the eye it can cause blindness, and in the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis (another worm commonly found in pork), twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature."

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
because it is of the cloven hoof and does not chew the cud, it is not to be consumed.

That's really a thing? Like, really?

I think I was happier being ignorant. MMmmmmMMmmm....bacon!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

That's really a thing? Like, really?

I think I was happier being ignorant. MMmmmmMMmmm....bacon!

One can learn things from reading the Bible. One doesn't even have to be religious, there are many good life lessons and teachings.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that the swine is the only cloven-hooved animal that isn't a vegetarian, thus it doesn't chew a cud. It eats almost anything that can be eaten, including other flesh. Just a theory. I also remember some school teachings that because of the massive cholera outbreak at sometime in history, there was some prohibition to their consumption.

Something I found while looking up my first post was that pork is really of little nutritional value as far as building muscle. It's laden with fat that clogs the circulatory system and causes hypertension. This, of course is found due to modern research, and probably wasn't known in the time of the origination of the Muslim religion. So that within itself is probably not the cause of the restriction.

The first reason I found to the question "Why do Muslims not eat pork?" was "Because their Lord said so." Those 5 words are actually a foundation of any religion that believes in a supreme diety.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"The main utility of pigs in the ecosystem is as scavengers. They live and thrive on muck, feces and dirt.

Thank you for the education fierofool. Good info with your post. Thanks. I wonder now if a Muslim would eat catfish, .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

... thus it doesn't chew a cud. It eats almost anything that can be eaten, including other flesh.
Something I found while looking up my first post was that pork is really of little nutritional value as far as building muscle. It's laden with fat that clogs the circulatory system and causes hypertension.

Thanks again.
A cud ? What the heck is that, ? I will google it.

Heh, the wife asks me what I want for dinner. I tell her "I don't care" (unless I do and want some certain thing). She will ask me If I want X. I say yes. Then she asks me if I want Y. I say sure. She then asks me which one I want. I tell her "I don't care, X and Y both make a turd".

Not expecting her to repeat it to her friends yet she did. She tells me they are all shocked, then laugh.

Now, my wife tells me that she wants me to be particular in what I want. Bad on her. I now 'order' her to cook stuff I want. She is a great cook and always reminds me that she is the one who brings food to my chin.

Tonight, I am going to ask her for cud. Anyone have a recipie they want to share.

T
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thoroughly convinced that the fact that they are denied bacon and sexy women is the reason moslems are always so pissed off.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Tonight, I am going to ask her for cud. Anyone have a recipe they want to share.

T

Dude, ya can't do cud unless ya have four stomachs.

Jeeze, I though you cowboys KNEW THAT.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
Jeeze, I though you cowboys KNEW THAT.

You can't call me a cowboy just because I know lots of cowgirls, .
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Thanks again.
A cud ? What the heck is that, ? I will google it.

Cud is regurgitated food mostly in cattle that chew it up again and again to break down hay, grain, etc. Animals that chew their cud include cattle, goats, sheep, deer, bison, yak, antelope, elk, moose, caribou, muskox, yak, buffalo (cape and asian), giraffes, pronghorn, banteng, camels, llamas, alpacas, etc.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am thoroughly convinced that the fact that they are denied bacon and sexy women is the reason moslems are always so pissed off.

That would do it for me! I'd go on a rampage PDQ.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Animals that chew their cud include cattle, goats, sheep, deer, bison, yak, antelope, elk, moose, caribou, muskox, yak, buffalo (cape and asian), giraffes, pronghorn, banteng, camels, llamas, alpacas, etc.

What am I supposed to do ? Starve ?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let them chew their cud, you chew on them.....
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2017 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What.?.? Muslims and Jews don't eat pork, but they're the 2 best liked religions on the planet.

mmmmmmmmm.....baa...con

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock