Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  [GRAPHIC] Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
[GRAPHIC] Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver by Threedog
Started on: 12-09-2017 12:19 AM
Replies: 56 (1417 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-14-2017 03:49 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

What I can say, is that our justice system should never allow for purposely withholding evidence like this. Period. It is a gross injustice that it has happened. The jury should have been given all of the facts.

Lots of evidence is withheld in court on a regular basis, like criminal history for example. Or other forms of behavior that shows a pattern or propensity to commit crime.
IP: Logged
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Lots of evidence is withheld in court on a regular basis, like criminal history for example. Or other forms of behavior that shows a pattern or propensity to commit crime.

If they aren't relevant to that case, I can see why. A criminal history would bias the jury against a defendant, even if the past criminal behavior is irrelevant to the case at hand. A video detailing the exact thing they're judging... that is the most relevant information available (and it looks like it was shown, and we were misled).
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

What idiot besides these charges 2 armed men with his bare hands and expects any result other than being shot.

Me. I've told the story here before. I learned a lot that night.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If they aren't relevant to that case, I can see why. A criminal history would bias the jury against a defendant, even if the past criminal behavior is irrelevant to the case at hand. A video detailing the exact thing they're judging... that is the most relevant information available (and it looks like it was shown, and we were misled).

I understand what you are saying, I just dissagree with you. A history of poaching is definitely relevant in a poaching case. A history of drunk driving is relevant in a drunk driving case. A known gang member with a violent history is relevant in a cold case involving gang activities.
Many other examples of history that should be known in court but suppressed.
I am not talking about a person who had a history of shoplifting being charged with murder.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We don't just have an issue with police. We have an issue with our justice system and our culture that celebrates police.

Sigh...
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Sigh...

Ya, I caught that one too.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I celebrate Police. I have made many a friend by introducing myself to an Officer. My Fiero is often given a thumbsup by our local authorities. If I am with my kid, we always wave. Even when I had half a dozen plus in my home a few months ago for the "liberal shat send", we offered them drink and food.

You know, my interactions that are with the law that are of a sketchy nature all happened when a liberal has lost their mind. You kids really do hate folks like me. The ones with worked hands and a smile.

Eh, enjoy your day. Wave to a Cop. See what happens. I am betting that they do not shoot you. Or go nick something from some hard working individual, and get back to us and let us know how that worked out for ya?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I give a 👍 to every officer I see.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all have experiences which have framed our opinions.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly! growing up my experience with police was great. They were my friends and protectors. Now I'm very nervous around them and always keep my hands where they can see them and no sudden moves. I do understand that their jobs are possibly more dangerous than when I was growing up and I think that might have something to do with the ones who seem to be trigger happy. We've had more than a few unjustified shooting here in Spokane.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We all have experiences which have framed our opinions.

That is wrong and you know it. You cannot let one or two of a group cause that whole group to be written off.

That is the same thing the blm are trying to fight.

Need to learn that people are people, bo matter there race, gender or career. Sure there are plenty of people out there that suck. You almost have to ignore the bad and embrace the good. Orher wise you turn into someone miserably waiting for the world to end with his cats.
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

That is wrong and you know it. You cannot let one or two of a group cause that whole group to be written off.

That is the same thing the blm are trying to fight.

Need to learn that people are people, bo matter there race, gender or career. Sure there are plenty of people out there that suck. You almost have to ignore the bad and embrace the good. Orher wise you turn into someone miserably waiting for the world to end with his cats.

Correct, it's important to be aware of our biases and counteract them when we can.

My point is just that they're there.
ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The questions that I haven't seen answered:

1. Why did he have 2 pellet guns in his hotel room?

2. Did he or did he not point said pellet guns out the window?

3. Why was he with a girl in a hotel room when he had a wife?

Just curious,

Kevin
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ybnormal74:

The questions that I haven't seen answered:

1. Why did he have 2 pellet guns in his hotel room?

2. Did he or did he not point said pellet guns out the window?

3. Why was he with a girl in a hotel room when he had a wife?

Just curious,

Kevin

1. There was no reason that he could not have pellet guns in his hotel room.

2. Pointing the gun out the window was the stupid act that precipitated the police action.

3. I can only guess that he was with a girl in a hotel room because his wife wouldn't allow him to bring her home. Nobody said he was a genius.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard on news he had a pellet gun because hes a licensed exterminator. I never saw one get rid of pests with a pellet gun though. Pointing it around was a very bad idea, as the results bear out.

Dont care why he had a woman in his room...thats their business, but id guess one or both were horny.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2017 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL. Anyone else get a pop up at the bottom of the page about a good deal on life insurance....? Thats funny.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock