Started on: 11-28-2017 11:47 PM
Replies: 6 (270 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vice on 11-30-2017 10:25 PM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recall covers Most Plastic Valve units starting in 1973 to 2017. Around 37.8 million in the US plus 2.7 million in Canada.
Recall: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recall...re-to-discharge-and#
Return Form etc. https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/

Range of years depend exact model.
If not sure enter model and SN in the recall form will tell you if the unit is covered or not.
Form will handle 6 units. If you have more call them.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-29-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2017 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was news like in sept.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I'm hearing of it, I've got one at the house I'll have to check, I know it's a kidde, I'll have to check a property I manage as well.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-29-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
This was news like in sept.
That Many people missed.
I watch TV but most recalls are 1 day new stories and many online News outlets also buried this in a day or a few day max. Is not like Takata airbag recalls that still a huge problem.

Kidde products are sold by every Mart and other retail stores for Decades.
I have one but is in the garage hardly looked at. Look today and not only a Recall unit but leaked out pressure too. Is likely 20 years old.

https://www.cpsc.gov and https://www.consumerreports.org posted this on Nov 2, 2017 but people will still missed this.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-29-2017).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn! That is a lot of Fire Extinguishers.

A truly warranted recall or a slick trial attorney class-action payday?

Just reminds me of the lawnmower recall for the horsepower rating crap that resulted in an unwarranted class-action lawsuit.

Or the gasoline can maker that was put out of business because of a recall. This could do the same for Kidde.

Update: I just checked mine at the crib here. I had a Kidde fire extinguisher, but it was a model that isn't effected by this recall, so I'm good.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 11-29-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
Damn! That is a lot of Fire Extinguishers.

A truly warranted recall or a slick trial attorney Class-Action payday?
CPSC.gov in the US recalls most things. NTHSA.gov recalls car and most car parts like Takata airbags.

C-A is a different issue like //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/095703.html that's now closed. Between Fed Recall and C-A... I got recall kit (Likely cost them $10 or less) that leaked a few month after install, so Flushmate sent a new tank kit (~$100 or more plus FedEx 2day) and C-A lawyers sent $50 ($25 per problem for DIYers.) this month.

If Kidde gets sued then likely I'll get mail from them too.
Most times only lawyers get money. Most normal people get pennies or worse coupons etc few will use. Example: Wife got Apple gift card w/ a few $ when Apple got C-A sued a few years ago so Apple lost nothing to most people.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theogre, thanks for posting this.

I didn't know either & have four of em. Will need to check & make sure.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock