Started on: 11-20-2017 09:07 AM
Replies: 14 (395 views)
Last post by: Khw on 12-26-2017 05:41 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone find any painted rocks where you live ?

We've been finding them all over town, here are two that showed up at our work yesterday.

(following copied from website)
Find the Painted Rock group near you by searching Facebook with your city name and the word “rocks.” You can also search at http://thekindnessrocksproj...om/how-it-all-began. If you don’t find one, feel free to start your own!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All over the place here. My kids make them and put them in the parks. We have fun with it.
All fun till someone gets a kindness rock thrown at them causing injury, then the parent of whoever painted the rock gets sent to jail. Don't sign your rock art.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2017 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pet rock is making a come back,, What next vann'ing
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

SOON

http://autoweek.com/article...buzz-van-coming-2022
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 6 year old granddaughter has been finding them at the city and state parks and in one case, at WalMart. She collects the ones she finds and paints new riverstones that they buy because riverstone is smooth and polished like CoolBlue's examples.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The school kids do this here.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

The school kids do this here.

Here too., even pre-school.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 11-20-2017).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found one a couple weeks before Halloween. Gave it to my wife and she figured out what it was all about. She got out our acrylic set and had the kids gather some stones. For one of our family nights, we all sat down and painted a rock. Another family night we went out and hid them, posting clues on the FB page for 801 Rocks. Since then my wife and one of our daughters has been collecting up rocks, washed river stone is everywhere around where we live, and painting rocks. My wife brings them with us when we run errands on the weekend and hides them. This last week I painted a few also and have a couple sketched out to paint this week if I get the time. I’ll post a pic of the ones I did when I get home later tonight. It’s entertaining in the let’s see what I can do kind of way. Oh and since we started painting and hiding rocks, wev’e come across several others that have been hidden as well.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very cool thing to do with kids in all honesty. Looked into it earlier, and just looks like a great family thing to do.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-21-2017).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this works you will see the in progress as I have time rocks top and the completed and hidden already rocks bottom. I'll see if I can find a link to a picture of some of the ones my wife has done. I would rather link an album for her rather than try to create a collage picture like I did for the ones I've painted that I have pictures of.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-20-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to see them all the time, back in the early 2000s when I lived near here

Yes, I've seen the newest fad. Brother's grandson found one not long ago on a newspaper machine as we were going into a cafe in Atlanta, Texas. He was thrilled.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So this is more genuine geo caching than the coin hunting type.

Geo:
Coming from or related to the earth.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-21-2017).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:
Don't sign your rock art.
And don't dump them anywhere w/ video or people watching.
Cops, park rangers, and so on seeing could get you ticket for littering etc. Painted rocks are not just rocks in many places.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I never quit vannin. Ive had a Caravan as a beater, workhorse for decades. Ive went thru a dozen of them. Id do some custom work on it if it wasnt so rusty. I did put some mag wheels on it and would like to do a wild paint job. I also did a custom fleece headliner in it.

as far as the rock thing, all ive seen around here were those with addresses painted on them. Painting on them must be a tagging thing.

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been busy painting more but figured I'd showcase my favorites.

First here is a concept I drew up but deemed not universally friendly so I changed it a bit. It was a Christmas Lights challenge rock.

This is from one of my favorite Christmas specials called A Wish For Wings That Work.

Kermit from A Muppet Christmas Carol.

These last 2 picture. I painted rocks of Alvin And The Chipmunks. I posted a pic of them on a rock painting group I am a part of.

When I posted them I was musing on the idea of doing the Chipettes as well. Several people posted requesting I do them and showed a pretty high level of enthusiasm for the idea so I went ahead and painted the Chipettes as well.

Well, I hope you enjoy these and hope you had a very good Christmas this year. Happy New Years all!

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 12-26-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock