Started on: 11-11-2017 01:46 PM
Replies: 14 (289 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 11-12-2017 01:34 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else on this Forum have concerns about the power of the 'Court of Public Opinion' in current events?

I don't like the trend of 'guilty by accusation' in our society.

Our legal system is based on 'innocent until proven guilty' by a jury of our peers.
The current trend flies in the face of everything we used to value as a society.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree that it is a problem, but I don't have a solution. The same thing has always gone on in other social and work environments and used to be scorned as gossip and rumor. It persists and is still wrong for the same reasons as always.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Does anyone else on this Forum have concerns about the power of the 'Court of Public Opinion' in current events?

Our legal system is based on 'innocent until proven guilty' by a jury of our peers.
The current trend flies in the face of everything we used to value as a society.

Sad aint it.. Someone claims it with zero proof and well it has to be true..
kinda like everything on the internet is true also..
people are dumb as rocks.. But there is a reason for this push for court of public opinion, it will be used to leverage and push the liberals into power forever if it isn't stopped.. just look at campaign ad's claim anything with no proof and people believe it.. hell look at the Russian b/s the liberal have had a hard on for over a year about still no proof but many have already found him guilty, no proof/facts needed..
It's a tool, a sick one but it works when no one pulls the brakes on it..
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guidelines for civilized society were developed, tested and proven over thousands of years; but the increased isolation and relative ease of survival have made it easy to ignore those rules.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot has to do with sexual misconduct, it appears to me.

I don't know how many actors, writers, directors and etc are snared into this. But a lot.

Politicians? Yeah! That's normal.

But it goes to show, that you can't act stupid in front of anybody anymore. That will haunt you forever, it seems like.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not care about the opinion of many. Only those that matter.

Has anyone else been mindfully correct about just who the idiots have been? What kind of accuracy have you struck up in your mind concerning those that gave you that "oh yeah, that person would do that" feeling?

Take Kevin Spacey for instance. The Wife and I have always felt he was a creeper. While not convicted, the dude is guilty of something. I am only giving my opinion of the situation, and have not presented facts. Just conjecture. I understand this, but MANY take that as my devout conviction on EVERYTHING. And those that majorly do this are of the left mindset.

Food for thought...

My membership to this forum has caused me legal, moral, and emotional grief. My words and a few others here have had words posted here used against me in court by an extreme liberal. (The honest and true words actually helped me in court.) My morals are attacked daily, yet I am granted lawful rights due to my lawful diligence. (The right to carry.) I have been sent shat in the federal mail by an extreme leftist liberal that is or was a member of this forum. (We all know it was one of only several people.)

How many of the non left swingers here take time out from their day to do anything more than post against the BS? How many of the left receive shat in the mail from your fellow right slinging members?

Tony Kania. Not a screen name. Look me the **** up.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2017 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

A lot has to do with sexual misconduct, it appears to me.

I don't know how many actors, writers, directors and etc are snared into this. But a lot.

Politicians? Yeah! That's normal.

But it goes to show, that you can't act stupid in front of anybody anymore. That will haunt you forever, it seems like.

It is all b/s.. they all knew what a casting couch was, they all knew what was going to happen when they walked up to a persons hotel room from a club/ or bar..

They used it as a tool to get fame and now are ashamed of what they did, and need to save face and destroy those that got them where they are, that they willingly went and had sex with, to get that fame..
I'm not falling for the fake tears, they are actors after all they can cry on cue..
They don't want their spawn knowing that mommy was a little whore to get where she is, or daddy was also..
All this does is harm those that truly are abused and raped.. as those in Hollywood were willing.. and not forced..
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Court of Public Opinion' will be a issue, some of the recent "me too" claims are going to be false. The thing is that is very dangerous to make a "me too" claim. They are being made against rich and powerful people with lawyers. The statute of limitations protects many of these people so if there's absolutely no evidence and the accused fights it, the accused is likely to win.

The biggest problem with the "me too" trend is that it's being used for attention/fame/headlines and not really helping in most cases. A more noble message would be "I'm a victim, don't be like me, don't be silent, it sucks but you shouldn't wait until it's to late to protect others..."
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of you guys have daughters?

That's my only question.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:
That's my only question.

I have two daughters, a wife, a Mom, and a dog. I taught my daughters better and if they were the ones complaining I would yell them to shut the frack up. UInless it was rape, where I should have been notified immediately.

Zeb, I am almost 60 years old and I heard of the "casting couch" when I was a kid. It don't make it right and life is not fair.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 11-11-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's my only question.

Why?

I feel like you are saying that if you have kids, that suddenly nobody should have civil rights anymore... That's probably a reach, but why else ask?

Brad
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's my only question.

What has that got to do with it..?
If a woman uses her body to get ahead, then years later finds the morals she left behind to get where she is.. and claims rape, sexual harassment ect. sorry.. that is not the same as someone that is forced against their will , or truly sexually harassed.. There is a huge difference, and I wish if in cases of true rape, or sexual asalt.. with many victoms, those that didn't come forward and others were harmed after them should be charged with being an accessory after the fact...
enough of these b/s of waiting 10-15-20+ years.. to come forward.. If it wasn't worth their time to come forward when it happened, it isn't worth our time caring 10-30+ years later..
And in the case of hollywood, Were the females use their sexuality to get ahead.. and knowingly and willfully do that crap.. sorry no ________ to give.. if years later you grow a moral compass..
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Yeah, this "wave" has kind of bothered me too... even though it's basically almost exclusively all Democrats except one guy in Alabama... I'm not sure I'm cool with the public condemnation and guilty until proven innocent (but your career is still ruined regardless) type of approach we've taken.

I also (flame suit on) am concerned about what we consider to be sexual harassment.

Originally posted by Fats:

Why?

I feel like you are saying that if you have kids, that suddenly nobody should have civil rights anymore... That's probably a reach, but why else ask?

Brad

Agree whole heartedly here. It's easy to base everything on emotion, but our judicial system was built to specifically protect people against mob / emotional mentality.

We need only remember what the first lawyer did, John Adams (or was it Samuel Adams), who defended the 12 British red coats after the Boston Massacre. He didn't do it because he was a sympathizer, he did it because he believed in ensuring faith in our fledgling country's legal and judicial system.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

What has that got to do with it..?
If a woman uses her body to get ahead, then years later finds the morals she left behind to get where she is.. and claims rape, sexual harassment ect. sorry.. that is not the same as someone that is forced against their will , or truly sexually harassed.. There is a huge difference, and I wish if in cases of true rape, or sexual asalt.. with many victoms, those that didn't come forward and others were harmed after them should be charged with being an accessory after the fact...
enough of these b/s of waiting 10-15-20+ years.. to come forward.. If it wasn't worth their time to come forward when it happened, it isn't worth our time caring 10-30+ years later..
And in the case of hollywood, Were the females use their sexuality to get ahead.. and knowingly and willfully do that crap.. sorry no ________ to give.. if years later you grow a moral compass..

Dam straight.

I think there should be criminal charges for a crime and not just civil recourse for false accusation.

I read in one of the many improper sexual conduct accusations out there that some dude took advantage of some poor actor for at least three of their fist movie parts........ yup that's right THREE of their first movie roles. Reminds me of the old "I think your here for more than just the hunting" joke.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there should be a statute of limitations on these kinds of accusations. Maybe 2 years...and its done and over. If your truely taken advantage of and bothered psychologically, you should speak up immediately...not 40 years later. So anything over 2 years old...just shut up and move on...you fked up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock