Started on: 11-09-2017 12:23 PM
Replies: 2 (94 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-09-2017 12:40 PM
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Son's 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee has ABS issues. He thinks it's a wheel speed sensor, which appears to be separately serviceable from the whole hub assembly, thankfully.

however, rather than just shotgun parts at the truck, I'd like to identify which wheel sensor is bad. I use the Torque app for my engine issues, and I've heard there's a similar app that can also get ABS data. Anybody know what it is, and if it works on Jeeps?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2017 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try just cleaning the sensors first..
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2017 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ABS and SRS are functions of more expensive ODB2/CANBUS scanners. All uses same "ALDL" port but is mostly another computer to control the subsystems.
If you buy one make sure it has both. Many only have either not both. IE OBD2 w/ ABS not SRS. If you buy that next time you have airbag problems and can't read it.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-09-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock